Welcome home, fellow Gator

...to the Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Tracking Trump's Lies/False Claims - 1, 929 so far

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ballastpointgator, Jul 9, 2018.

1. LoyalGatorFan

LoyalGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Careful now....you are spewing too many facts at one time for some people on here to comprehend

2. Gatormb

Gatormb GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Bradenton, Fl
    Please tell me what releasing his tax returns would do but attract attackers for whatever hundreds would be hired to find error. Did you have a problem with Obama not releasing his college transcripts? Why not?

Will say that when Obama & Biden released their tax returns the charity contributions were laughable. Biden was at one tenth of one percent. Averaged less than $400/year including church!

3. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    I can't tell you what releasing his tax returns would show, because he didn't release his tax returns. And now, going forward, any presidential candidate who has something to hide in their tax returns will be able to hide it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. danmann65

danmann65 GC Hall of Fame

May 22, 2015
    Then perhaps we should pass a law stating that candidates need to fill out financial disclosure forms.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    We won't. The days of our presidential candidates showing us they had nothing to hide in their taxes is most likely over. I'm sure the ones with absolutely nothing to hide will continue to show them, but everybody else will simply say, "Why should I? What's the upside for me?"

Maybe enough states will pass laws requiring it to get on the ballot that it'll matter, but then those laws probably get thrown out on a 5-4 decision at the Supreme Court.

6. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    This has been a common refrain, but I’m really not sure why. Why would Obama release his college transcripts? And why would you even want to see them?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Gatormb

Gatormb GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Bradenton, Fl
    College transcripts also?

His returns, I'm sure, are extremely complicated. IRS audits him every year. If he's hiding something they'll address it. In the meantime why open yourself up to the scrutiny of your enemies who whould scream he didn't pay his fair share. Let IRS take care of it.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. danmann65

danmann65 GC Hall of Fame

May 22, 2015

I think our federal legislature is needed here but it appears that both sides are so intent on defeating the opposition that nothing can get done at all.

9. T3goalie

T3goalie Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Paying taxes?
    Romney never paid his per Harry Reid! "It worked."

10. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Congrats! You found a lie that a Democrat told six years ago. That so makes up for Trump's daily lies today .... Well done!

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    Analysis | Anatomy of a Trump rally: 76 percent of claims are false, misleading or lacking evidence

We’re doing something new: analyzing every factual claim from President Trump’s campaign rally in Montana on Thursday.

According to The Fact Checker’s database, the president had made 3,251 false or misleading claims at the end of May, and his average daily rate was climbing.

This side of Trump really comes alive during campaign rallies, so we wanted to do the math and find out whether the president speaks more fictions or facts in front of his crowds.

According to our analysis, the truth took a beating in Montana. From a grand total of 98 factual statements we identified, 76 percent were false, misleading or unsupported by evidence.

12. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    He's got the Dems chasing their own tails... :D:p;)

Round and round they go...

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Msgreentea

Msgreentea GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    And he’a got his minions defending the indefensible. I see his enablers as the ones who have to twist themselves into pretzels defending his positions/“principals”.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  14. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach

• Like Like x 1
  15. ursidman

ursidman GC Hall of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Mr Jordan claims Trump does not lie. Are you going to believe him or your lying ears? So, thats that then.
    GOP Rep. Jim Jordan: I've Never Heard President Trump Lie - The Intellectualist
    Republican Rep. Jim Jordan (Ohio) told CNN’s Anderson CooperMonday that he has never heard President Donald Trump tell a lie to the American people -- not even once.
    Jordan held his ground, saying “nothing comes to mind” when he ponders whether the president has ever made demonstrably false statements.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Kinda puts a little doubt in his OSU defense. I'm more inclined to believe the wrestlers now.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    You said it yourself. When he released his tax returns like every other President until him, he would be opened up for attack because of what is in the returns. Not surprising that his sycophant supporters could care less about what is in his tax returns, is there? Why don’t his supporters admit that they don’t care about his honesty and that, if the Russians helped him, they are happy for the Russian help? Disclosure of the returns would promote transparency. He will not release his returns because he Osber hiding what is in them.

18. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Kinda like the liar loans in the mortgage industry. They were sold as "limited documentation" in order to provide better, faster service when in fact they were used to hide details that would have caused those loans to be denied. It's not even close, and any realtor or mortgage broker who tells you any different is a straight up liar. I didn't spend 35 years in that industry to learn nothing.

If Donnie, A REALTOR, coughs up the tax returns, yeah it is very likely to trigger a massive exposure of all kinds of awful stuff. And it's likely bad, because how much trouble would it be for him to contact his CPA and do it for him? Maybe one phone call if that. What's to hide here? (as if we didn't know).

I'll save some of you raters with the "disagree" button. You would likely disagree that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west if it implicates your boy. I'll listen to the "dislike" because I dislike that it is this way, but it is. And the "come on man", I'm with you there as well. If Donnie coughs up the tax returns, all these questions are answered and nothing to see here.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Gatormb

Gatormb GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Bradenton, Fl
    Just because you got to keep your doctor and your plan...…….:cool:

• Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  20. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville
    Or profess to for their own reasons. One of Trump's most ardent supporters on this forum posted something disturbing several years ago, even before Trump began actively campaigning. In a thread discussing tactics this Too Hot forumer posted he would willingly and deliberately lie if it furthered the success of his own side's political agenda or thwarted that of the left. He justified it with the excuse the libs did it so the right wingers should do it, too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1