Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Tour of the new baseball stadium

Discussion in 'Diamond Gators' started by nickdelatorre, Feb 10, 2020.

1. nickdelatorre

nickdelatorre Beat Reporter VIP Member GC Staff

Sep 13, 2012
    Gainesville
    • Like Like x 4
  2. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    Outstanding!

A field of dreams.......

• Like Like x 2
  3. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Good stuff Nick.....the key is to mix intimacy and character with all the bells and whistles. Sure sounds like that is exactly what we are getting. Can't wait to see it

• Like Like x 2
  4. neutrino_boi

neutrino_boi Recruit

Feb 1, 2020
    My then-girlfriend and I got 2 of the best ~100 bleacher seats as season tickets at the Mac in 2018. (After the first year, she decided she liked a job offer a few states away more than she liked me.) That said, I've kept the seats the last two years -- cost is $215-220. -- & have rather enjoyed the option to "manspread" to my heart's content across the two seats.

I hope that the new stadium lets me go down to one isle seat -- even if further up -- or, if I'm stuck with two seats, won't break the bank.

Also: I hope parking doesn't suck too much.

• Like Like x 2
  5. nickdelatorre

nickdelatorre Beat Reporter VIP Member GC Staff

Sep 13, 2012
    Gainesville
    I'll be interested to see how parking works. Scott was trying to show me and explain it but it's hard to get a picture of that in a construction site. I know they'll have shuttles that will also help with parking from a new lot that was created about a year ago that's just across the street.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    Thanks Nick. Are they starting work in the seating areas? It looks like maybe brackets are going in.
    Did SS tell you much about the base materials going in with the drainage system? Is that crushed granite and how many layers of other materials will we see until grass goes down?
    What will the outfield dimensions be for L,C,R?

7. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    Can sense the excitement and passion for the new stadium!

gotta believe there will be a spike in attendance with the new venue. I’m curious to see.

gotta believe, too, beer sales might bring more to the Mac this season...and to the new venue next year. One of the drawbacks with the Mac is: you can’t see the field/action when you visit a concession stand. That’s been rectified with the new venue.

8. grayg8rstevo

grayg8rstevo VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    Sight lines improved...agreed.
    However, if the game is going poorly, and beer sales are way up...does it still count as a loss?
    Also, when those peak beer sales happen, will those improved sight lines help the usual alcohol induced double vision?
    Inquiring minds want to know.;):eek: