Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Total quarantine or herd immunity

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by CRIMDEFgator, Jun 4, 2020.

1. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    As long as Andy hates the Noles, Dogs, and Vols it is okay for him to hold poor political views. (Sorry Andy)

The fact remains that we once again will have to clean up and recover from the mess Washington DC made. If you still have your job, do the best you can. If you can hire someone, do it. Hire well, get people back to work.

My first boss at my first minimum wage job told me; “Make money for the company and they will always take care of you”.

• Like Like x 1
  2. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Just checking in to see how long the OP's request to stay non-political lasted. Page one I see. :/

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. gogata125

gogata125 Junior

May 25, 2020
    If we had shut things down any time in mid-February to March 1st, we would likely be at 20k deaths and have been fully re-opened after 2-3 weeks.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  4. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    A hybrid response was the only response we could have realistically had, and it may be the only response we are capable of going forward. It's also important to take regional impact into consideration as well. Roughly half of the deaths from COVID have taken place in less than 2% of the land area of the US. I think going forward, you have plans to open up with plans to tighten up as necessary based on the local challenges that are being handled (particularly with respect to hospital resources). But a plan needs to be put into place with metrics that are logical and expressed, and the plan needs to be supportable by a given community.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. AndyGator

AndyGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Thanks for proving my point about the dangers of heads in the sand. The panic occurred because of lack of planning and preparedness. Do you even understand the purpose of the federal government?

Are you denying that our military was impacted by a lack of a national policy? Unbelievable. States and private industry were forced to act on their own before there was even acknowledgement of a pandemic from the US government. The US had two months of notification about the pandemic before the dung hit the fan. We could have been planning and preparing to send medical equipment out to states. We could have started research on Covid two months before we did. We could have had guidelines in place on how to protect from hotpots the wide spreading of Covid. There was no need for states to compete for medical supplies and tests.

Denying there was no Covid and telling Americans go out and buy stock is the opposite of governing. And you introduced politics with your ignorance on "federalism". If you don't like it, don't post on a politics forum. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. AndyGator

Apr 10, 2007
    I am assuming you mean lack of a National policy and preparedness for the pandemic. The panic occurred because the pandemic hit full force without warning, preparation or suitable actions from the federal government. States and private industry were forced to act on their own because of complete ineptness of the federal government. there were no national guidelines on how to prevent widespread of Covid. Not until it was way too late.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    This has worked in other countries. It can work here if we are willing to put in the effort.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. GatorGuyDallas

GatorGuyDallas VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Plano, Texas
    Post #5 by the original poster probably didn't help keep it about a discussion of quarantine or herd immunity.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. AndyGator

Apr 10, 2007
    What total crap. Go back to your strip clubs and stop spreading garbage. :rolleyes:

10. WESGATORS

Apr 3, 2007
    I agree it can work if we are willing to put in the effort. I just wonder if our society is too different to be able to put in that effort. It might take something with more potency (regardless of how potent we each think the current pandemic is) to unify everybody in a more effective manner.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

11. AndyGator

Apr 10, 2007
    Exactly. Post under the guise of non-partisan, introduce partisan garbage, whine like a baby when called out.

• Winner Winner x 2
  12. WESGATORS

Apr 3, 2007
    Dude said he did "...NOT intend this thread to be politically provocative," while I thought it was an entertainingly optimistic request, I think he was getting at not making it an across the aisle type of back and forth. Just my two bits.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. tilly

Link?

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. tilly

Agree, but I would say "when and WHERE necessary." See WES's post above.
    If NYC has another outbreak, I don't think Kalamazoo has to shut down.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. tilly

Bashing the government is not partisan.
    Bashing one half of the government is partisan.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. GatorGuyDallas

GatorGuyDallas VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Plano, Texas
    It also isn't keeping the thread on topic, which is a reasonable interpretation of the poster's request.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. tilly

So by calling out the government, you took that as partisan against the left I assume?
    Who is in control? I took his post as calling out the governmental systemic breakdown, not one side or the other.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. tilly

Different and valid argument.

19. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I think we are probably too selfish to make it work here, but that isn't the fault of the strategy, that is a failing of the American people.

20. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    what percentage of our ships were grounded?