Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

TOS - Pay to read? Really???

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GatorRider, Aug 23, 2019.

1. BillyBall89

BillyBall89 GC Legend

Nov 7, 2014
    Capital of Gator Nation
    You can just block the element using adblock plus and read the article like normal.

Some brilliant guys they have working in the IT department over there.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BillyBall89

BillyBall89 GC Legend

Nov 7, 2014
    Capital of Gator Nation
    Mute button. Usually second from the top on the left of the screen

• Informative Informative x 3
  3. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Of course. Just like the printed book is doomed for the grave. Book stores? Try to find one at Gainesville's Oaks Mall. Both stores are gone. One was named Dalton's, I can't even remember the name of the other one.

Gutenberg is turning over in his grave. (Don't know who Gutenberg was? Buy yourself a Kindle and read all about it.)

Oh, but Gainesville's Books-a-Million store may still be there. What are the chances of it surviving? About one in a million.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. ncbullgator15

ncbullgator15 Freshman

Jul 16, 2019
    Buy books through a smaller used book store. I just got two Patterson books (hard copy) in exceptional condition for 3.99 each. They are everywhere.

5. reptilegator

reptilegator Freshman

Nov 26, 2017
    It is a sad situation at the Sun. They have the same old duds writing they have had forever. And they have the nerve to ask you to pay... cough... choke ......lol. All newspapers will be out of business shortly. Thanks to boards like this you get info before the Sun gets it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    This place in Jacksonville is great, incredible inventory. I stop by every time I go to Jax. Who buys new $30 hard cover books anymore? That’s another dinosaur business.

Chamblin Bookmine

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  7. GatorTodd

GatorTodd GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I tried that and it didn't work for me. And I can almost guarantee that the pay to read is a service they pay for, not something they've implemented. I doubt they have the IT staff for that.

8. Gatorcola

Gatorcola GC Legend

Jun 14, 2014
    Yeah, but if not for those I wouldn't know what's happening in Pop culture:confused:

9. thenazz

thenazz Junior

Sep 4, 2017
    Albuquerque
    It is hard to blame the Sun. Those network ads they stick in the middle of their editorial pay nothing. But I won't be paying for the content. While I liked reading it for free, it's not that good. The run-up stories to today's game could have been written by a computer or an intern. The writers' boredom was palpable. Sometimes there is good stuff, though, and I will miss reading the Sun. Probably more so in basketball season, when there is less competition ... but they cut back there, didn't they?

I do think it was a cheesy move to wait until a few days before a giant game to spring this on us without warning or explanation.