Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Top Gun: Maverick

Discussion in 'GatorTail Pub' started by 62gator, Dec 16, 2019.

1. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
  2. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled

Jan 5, 2010
    Maine
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    The previews for this look great. The visuals and music stunning. I’m in.

4. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale, FL

• Like Like x 1
  5. defensewinschampionships

defensewinschampionships GC Hall of Fame

Sep 16, 2018
    I feel the need...

6. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Then check out the thread on trips to the cannabis dispensary.
    :emoji_nerd:
    :emoji_necktie:
    :emoji_jeans:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. CaptUSMCNole

CaptUSMCNole GC Hall of Fame

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    I was on a conference call with an individual involved in the development of the script. He told the story about how the producers screwed up dealing with the Navy JSF community that they didn't want much to do with them. They ended up having to make it with F-18's. The script had some problems and had to be rewritten several times. At one point, they pitch the idea of it being a bro-mance movie about Maverick and Ice Man ala Lethal Weapon with no major love interest for Maverick. Cruise did not like that idea, because he always has to have a love interest in his movies, and suggested he should be dating on of the female Lt's in the squadron. The writers had to explain to him that an 0-6 dating an 0-3 would be extremely creepy and completely unacceptable in the Me Too era. They went back and re-wrote the script and supposedly brought back someone that was mentioned in the first movie.

Based on the previews, it looks like they are doing a lot of close air support which is very cool for JTAC's and FACs to see.

8. NUM1GATRFN

NUM1GATRFN GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Acworth, Georgia

I hear Meg Ryan has been out of work - they could have brought her back and had her and Tom shacked up as a couple - with him looking out for her and Goose's kid Bradley.

9. GatorPrincess8

GatorPrincess8 Princess of Gators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florala, Alabama
    I'm in