Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Top Billin’: AR15

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by tommyvee, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 13, 2007
    Hence I said from the start.

If he started FAU it’s impossible to know if he would have gotten injured.

Given what we saw in FAU and USF, plus preseason reports, he should have been starting the first game

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Matthanuf06

Sep 13, 2007
    I never said EJ was the problem. He’s a fine player. AR is an elite player. Yes an elite player wins UK, LSU and probably Bama.

If we had a kicker and if Dan fired TG last year we probably are 6-1 as well.

So there is a lot of different variables, but we clearly played the worse QB while having 3 close losses

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Gatuar

Gatuar GC Hall of Fame

Oct 9, 2008
    Ponte Vedra Beach
    I like how this lays it out

Emory w the pic 6 to start the 2nd half mind you was a net +7 and that came from a Hail Mary!

AR was + 29 in one half!

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Gatuar

Gatuar GC Hall of Fame

Oct 9, 2008
    Ponte Vedra Beach
    If AR played the whole game we win 62 - 35

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. 31g8r

31g8r GC Legend

Oct 20, 2013
    Unfortunately, that would just serve to cover for systemic issues on defense and special teams.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. gator10

gator10 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2015
    Boy, this demonstrates how advanced AR really is and how the offensive line really let him down. Braun really struggled. We need much better play up front and we have no depth due to recruiting failures.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. gator10

gator10 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2015
    The team has multiple issues obviously with Emory’s poor play being just one. These videos clearly show Emory can’t process reads like AR can.

8. orangebluegator

orangebluegator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Honestly, I think it could've even been worse for LSU if AR played the whole game and got the plays called for him like the 2nd half. I think LSU would've given up and their players would have quit on a fired coach if we got up quickly on the scoreboard by 3 touchdowns or so. We gave them too much confidence, especially when we didn't sell out to stop their rushing attack, and they just took that momentum and built on it.

I've seen three separate breakdowns of AR's performance during the LSU game, and this top billin guy think Emory is given full field reads and makes the reads, while AR is given mostly one read throws. The GNFP offensive breakdown shows several situations where AR is making a full field read, and going through progressions very quickly and accurately. There are times where he only has one read, and it's a hot route, and he decisively makes it with a 1 step drop. I've seen enough of Emory to know he's supposed to make several reads, but his first read is usually not even a read as he won't pull the trigger when it's clearly there, and he seems to be going through the motions to make a predetermined throw. Emory had some nice throws against LSU, but he's a half a beat or a full beat too late most of the time, and his ball placement suffers because of it.

9. WindoverG8tr

WindoverG8tr GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Bink! Whiplash n sh*t, his body is sleeping but the last grasp is just neurons still firing . Gets me laughing out loud

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Matthanuf06

Sep 13, 2007
    The gap between EJ and AR is much wider than the gap between Franks and Trask.

It is unacceptable EJ has been playing over AR. Watching the film AR does literally everything better and many things at an elite level. Like it isn't even remotely close between the two. Again this isn't to say EJ is bad. He can play QB at an acceptable rate at a bottom P5 or G5 school. That is a hell of an accomplishment. But AR is almost a lock as a 1st round pick and I would happily bet someone that he will be a top 10 pick when he comes out.

It just doesn't make sense why Mullen would do this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Emmitto

Emmitto GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Unless EJ does indeed see and hit those plays on days that don’t start with S. He may very well be a practice stud. I wonder if all his problems start just after KO.

Merely conjecture, of course. But I see a guy who is not sold on himself. I doubt he walks around like that 24/7.