Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Tony Livingston not qualifying for fall?

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by g8rnc, Jul 24, 2022.

1. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    18 years to prepare and still late to the show

2. StrangeGator

StrangeGator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    I believe we will. If he was going to focus on basketball, why did he sign a letter of intent in football? Not exactly prototypical size for a PF and he doesn't show up in the top 150 prospect lists in hoops.

3. phideltdj

phideltdj GC Hall of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    I wonder how many times this has happened to UF.....math teacher at the high school is a huge FSU football fan. Happens to have a big time recruit that has committed to UF but he needs to pass the math class to enroll at UF. UF commit fails math class not allowing him to enroll at UF. As long as I've followed UF recruiting, we must lead the country in recruits that can't get into school due to grades or an admission's issue.

4. StrangeGator

StrangeGator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    It's unlikely that's ever happened.

The issue with non-qualifiers seems to come and go. Admissions will get tough and not allow the coaches to sign players they didn't believe could succeed academically, so there were commits that didn't sign. Then they eased off and we started seeing more signed players not make it in. Seems to be getting better lately. Every player that signed in Mullen's last class qualified and enrolled.

5. StrangeGator

StrangeGator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Could have come up short on standardized test scores. There's also the chance that he has a learning disability that caught up with him during his last semester. Or maybe he came from a family that didn't value education and didn't encourage him in his early years. I'm never going to criticize a player for academic issues without knowing the whole story.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1