Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Tommy Kinsler le a ves the Class

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Jun 19, 2022.

1. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    HI spike, Will Miles provided a brief explanation why the NCAA WILL NOT, go after Anyone due to legal ramifications, opening the entire new format enterprise, to litigation, that the NCAA simply does not want.

I am not doing Will justice here but if you watch the last half hour of the last Gators Breakdown he explains it.

Happy Forth!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    Did you read the tweet Bobby posted from 5 star OT Kayden Proctor about being offered a million? The same cheaters who cheated before NIL with cash inducements are cheating with NIL. It isn't as easy as saying some know how to close and others don't.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. ETGator

ETGator Long-Time Gator Stuck In East Tennessee Moderator VIP Member

Sep 15, 2007
    Thanks @Gatorhead! I'll listen.

Gators Breakdown | News4JAX | WJXT Channel 4

‎Gators Breakdown on Apple Podcasts

Gators Breakdown

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. upstategator

upstategator GC Legend

Nov 1, 2017
    I agree with you, but most here are blaming our admin while getting pissed at others for cheating. So either be upset at others for cheating or be upset for our lack of cheating but you can’t be upset at both. That being said why is everyone just assuming BN is an ace recruiter problem is elsewhere? Guess we just disagree. Which is fine and why this board is here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    The guys who recruited well 10 years ago were ready to rock and roll already when the nil floodgates opened. This just expanded their operations and I would not expect much of a decline unless they just flat out run out of money.

What I think we are seeing is more new players. Teams that just have tons of money to throw around are rising. A&M wasn’t bringing in number 1 classes before Jimbo got there, and if you don’t think that’s related to him being a greaseball, I don’t know what to tell you. He was a scumbag before NIL, and he still is now.

MSU jumping into the game. TX opening up the checkbook. Hell even Miami and Tenn are bringing in the big money deals with their billionaire boosters. There’s a whole lot more money flowing from a whole bunch more places, and ALL of them recruit in our backyard. None of these teams have done much of anything for a long time.

We don’t have one guy that’s just jumping out there, pushing the admin out of the way and doing whatever the hell he wants like a Ruiz or Haslam. We also don’t have the spend whatever it costs attitudes of the TX oil money schools. Unless the landscape changes and the market dies down as we start seeing million dollar busts one after another (and we will see the busts, we already have), I don’t see much changing here until someone with huge money starts throwing their weight around. I don’t think we have that guy in our pocket. It’s definitely not me, or any of the losers here constantly complaining about where their two dollars are going.

If you funnel your money into a collective that’s working VERY closely with an administration that has shown time and time again that they will not compete in arms races and bidding wars, and are going to do anything in their power to at least give the appearance of playing by the rules, why would you expect them to all of a sudden start blowing retarded amounts of money and blatantly breaking rules?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. paidinfull

Feb 22, 2017
    The money is a problem. Whether Billy is an ace or not, the money is a problem. Multimillion dollar deals for the top of his board would make his life much easier, no matter how good he actually is. Likewise, not having the same bank to work with is going to hurt him, no matter how good he actually is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. paidinfull

Feb 22, 2017
    Meh, he’s been pretty cordial. Asking questions, not just whining. I’d cut him some slack.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. lizardbreath

lizardbreath GC Hall of Fame

Aug 30, 2017
    Pace, FL
    Oh, fer sure, dude. The "excuse" that scUM apparently has chosen to blatantly ignore state law (does that qualify as cheating?), and then just lies like a rug about anything that could damage our program, is totally irrelevant. Jimbo and Kirby's many accusers are all just as crooked as they are and the current state of CFB is really not "that bad," if you don't shrink from a little criminality now and then. And it's already obvious (to some apparently) that CBN and company (excepting Raymond?) may well turn out to be lightweights and imposters and should be treated with appropriate suspicion (if not outright hostility) until they manage to assuage our concerns, or we run their butts off at the earliest "opportunity." Sounds good. Sign me up!

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. lizardbreath

lizardbreath GC Hall of Fame

Aug 30, 2017
    Pace, FL
    Rats.jpg

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    I would imagine if any discussion or acknowledgement of money exchanges happens between a PROSPECT (capitalized for importance as that means they have yet to sign.) and any member or representative of the university whether it be a coach or anyone else representing UF could hold them accountable, especially if it happens let's say on a visit while on university grounds. That Texas A&m video of the coach telling recruits that they will make a lot of money of they came to A&m co.es to mind here.

Another question. What are these kids Name , likeness or image being used for? Has anyone seen anything actually done using these kids NIL? And what value does say a virtually unkown HS Cali kid bring to the Miami area? If he was a home town kid who won state or some shit I would get it, hell I would get giving that kind of money to a reinging Heisman winner , like B.Young or Tebow his Junior year after he became the youngest Heisman winner ever at that time. That kind of stuff creates name value, known commodities, not some unknown 17 yr old QB or O lineman who before college visists had probably never been outside of their hometown. At this point there is way more going on that screams "Pay for Play" than I see legitimate use of any of these kids "NIL" when it comes to giving these kids money during their recruitment.

5* OL Kaydyn Proctor that just became Iowas highest ever recruit spoke on a interview saying how schools were offering him 500k a year, a million a year etc to commit to them but he chose to stay home in Iowa for his education and stated he knows being a hometown kid he will get his deals.

Inducement payments are happening and yes they are against the rules. It's just pay for play.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. upstategator

upstategator GC Legend

Nov 1, 2017
    Can you point to my comment where I suggest his hiring? Please in any of my post. I’m just attempting to put out thoughtful post. You went the insult route. Seriously point to a post where I called for his firing.
    If I’m guilty of anything it’s not whole heartily defending a previous small school coach while he’s getting beat out on the trail. Yes I firmly believe there are some sketchy stuff happening and yes NIL is playing a major role. But I also don’t think BN is the ace recruiter everyone else seems to believe.

Again show me where I called for his firing. If we can’t have debate why have this message board at all? Get past your feelings. I have 2 degrees from UF and have donated my fair share. But I’m not blinded by what’s going on. I love our Gators as much as you do, but does questioning an unproven coach automatically lump me into those calling for his firing? Do I have to have un questioning loyalty to a coach who has never proven a thing in the big stage?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

There’s a Twitter post on one of our boards that I haven’t gone back to locate - it’s a letter from the University of Michigan administration addressing this NIL vs. Pay For Play and the UM position on it. It’s an outstanding public statement and I hope whoever posted it will share it here again. It explains what we’re all struggling with right now, and makes a strong statement for the UM position on not getting caught up in the unregulated free-for-all.

I am no fan of UM, but we share something in common with them: Like Michigan, UF is an elite public institution of higher learning that is set apart from the rest of the herd. Interesting enough, do you hear about Stanford throwing million$ at high school kids essentially begging them to sigh up with them? Nope. And that is the class of university that UF is in.

UF is above this, plain and simple. I’m hoping CBN knew this when he signed up with UF. From what little I’ve learned about CBN, he seems to be the kind of man who is aligned with the standards of the University of Florida. Look at the emphasis on life and character development being established right now at UF in response to NIL. Any responsible parent would be drawn to this culture for their son. Some of y’all don’t want to ‘admit’ this, but hell yeah we are better than the rest of these clowns currently making a debacle out of NIL.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  13. GatorBowl1969

GatorBowl1969 Junior

Jul 4, 2011
    And their days of winning championships are over. Buy these whores, Miami scum. Sorry to be vulgar but I do hate Miami - even more than FSU. They have always been scUM and always will be in my book.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  14. ETGator

ETGator Long-Time Gator Stuck In East Tennessee Moderator VIP Member

Sep 15, 2007
    I think this is what you're talking about @Skink:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

That’s it ET - thanks!
    Everybody needs to read this and then take a deep breath and watch how this unfolds - and stand by our team and school while it plays out. We are on the high ground no matter how frustrating it is

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    Michigan is actually following our lead it'd too early to telle if it's

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Tito22

Tito22 GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    I could be mistaken, but I thought BN had a reputation as an ace recruiter at Bama. I think he did a pretty good job at Louisiana. They identified and snagged a few good players

18. MadduxFanII

MadduxFanII GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    This conversation about NIL is very interesting, and I commend everyone for mostly conducting it productively.

I guess here's what I keep coming back to: how does it get better for us? If we're playing the game according to the strict interpretation of the rules, and in doing so we keep losing the best players to schools that don't bother with the rules, how do we ever turn the tide? Are we really hoping for the NCAA to step in? Are we hoping that Miami and TAMU have messed up their evaluations and their chemistry and it's all going to blow up in their faces and we'll be there to pick up the pieces, finally getting the reward for our virtue and discipline?

What's the story of our future success here?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    I certainly wouldn’t bank on the former. The NCAA is gutless and toothless. As for Cristobal, he was at Alabama, so surely he has experience in getting well compensated players to work together as a team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. paidinfull

Feb 22, 2017
    Nobody knows man. Without some big money shoving the admin aside and just going and doing things the way they want, I don’t see us competing for the top talent that wants big bucks before signing though. I think the kids like our staff, and I think we have a good staff, but everybody is all about that “what can you do for me right now” these days. They’re going where the money is. I mean, a portion of them always have, but now they don’t have to worry about getting in trouble for it, so damn near all the top talent is going after it.

The collectives are working closely with the admin. They’re just simply not going to buck the system on their own, and I don’t see the admin opening up their restrictions too much unless the rules/laws change. It just isn’t their MO.

I think what you’re seeing right now, is what you’re going to see for a while. I think we can still get talent, and still have a well coached, disciplined, competitive team, but titles will be tough to come by. Maybe the top talent will get spread out enough that we can rise by getting the team players, who knows…? Nobody knows.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1