Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Tommy Kinsler le a ves the Class

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Jun 19, 2022.

1. upstategator

upstategator GC Legend

Nov 1, 2017
    I think a lot of us are missing 2 key points;
    1. Kids want money, stadium and crowd size be damned
    2. Closers close, right now BN needs to prove he can be a closer.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. GatorChoice

GatorChoice GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. thale410

thale410 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    Was he chopped liver when committed to UF ?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    Bottom line if this was any school other than Um wouldn’t have been a bigger deal. But they have been kicking our ass

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

And it’s gonna blow up in their face too. I’m fine with UF football not being driven by the likes of John Ruiz and Nevin Shapiro. Miami is scum

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. ooogabooga

ooogabooga Junior

May 10, 2019
    I watched his film after he committed. he had good mobility... played upright and stiff. I didn't like the pick up. looked like a 3 year down the line player.

Looks like we are looking at filling lower 3/4 star players that are lower $. We will finish with $$ players. We will loose more 3 stars.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. lizardbreath

lizardbreath GC Hall of Fame

Aug 30, 2017
    Pace, FL
    LOL. That was then, this now. He backed off his commitment after getting the patented scUM dirty deal, "screw UF package," and now he just wants to be left alone by the Gators. I sincerely hope we oblige him. Frankly, with the emphasis CBN places on commitment and integrity (as evidenced by the people he's already run off), I would be surprised if we doubled back for another try with this guy, no matter how much the staff liked his potential. It is also, I believe, worth noting that we are nearing a 9.0 average rating now that the 850 something player in the country is no longer in the calculation. If CBN really wanted him, great. I get it. He has great size and some decent skills. I do understand that but there are other fish in the sea and if this is the best OL prospect we can hope for this far out from ESD, we are in trouble.

• Like Like x 1
  9. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    This is getting ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Napier isn’t in control of policy and checking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    Kinsler took a big leap in one year. That suggests he is motivated and will improve. Cristobal has a good eye for talent. This was not a **** UF flip. We needed to get Kinsler on board months ago. Hopefully it's partly that Kinsler knows we have Simmons and didn't want 2 OT ahead of him (Lovett).

12. upstategator

upstategator GC Legend

Nov 1, 2017
    That 3 star isn’t leaving the class because of money. He’s a three star. I think BN is a good coach and will do good things but he isn’t a killer. Look at who’s winning in college football right now…it’s alphas. And I dont see that in him

• Disagree Bacon! x 3
    • Funny x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative x 1
  13. beachgator23

beachgator23 GC Legend

Apr 14, 2007
    He’s a project with potential. There was a reason Kinsler was our lowest rated recruit though.

Something about the board about calling guys like Jimbo Fisher and Dabo alphas makes me laugh. Taylor Jacobs says nvm.

Unless you think it’s magic when a team like Miami, Texas A&M, or Ole Miss (w Freeze) starts recruiting nationally out of the blue before they have any on field success there is a reason. In Miami’s case they have the worst facilities, no on campus stadium, no loyal fan base relative to who they are competing against. So basically they are only selling one thing.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  14. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

I’ll bet there’s a lot of Gator football players who would laugh in your face for saying that

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Do you sleep tommy???Tommy???? Lol

• Funny Funny x 4
  16. ETGator

ETGator Long-Time Gator Stuck In East Tennessee Moderator VIP Member

Sep 15, 2007
    With all respect . . . How do you know this?

The frustrating part for most of us is not knowing what is actually happening . . . so we speculate.

We can read tea leaves and see those who had institutionalized cheating before NIL seem to be doing fine. Those who have a flashy $Billionaire throwing around $$$ to be a BMOC can steal a few commits from Florida. I can almost guarantee Coach Napier and staff are doing their jobs within the rules since Florida doesn't cheat.

I think Coach Napier and the other coaches are plenty "alpha." They're just playing with their hands tied right now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    ET - As one not in the know about the actual facts, I use GC as my primary source of information.

I confess to being confused, surprised and obviously disappointed .

I DID NOT, find all these changes pleasant from my perspective as a fan.

And frankly my worst fears seem to becoming true.

My particular fear is recruiting is becoming a Lasiez Faire, free for all, or Auction and UF does not want to play with the sharks.
    (MIAMI).

Uf may be consigned to mediocrity for the time being or at least until the landscape stabilizes. But it's concerning.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

We may well be at a disadvantage for a couple years while this shakes out but the one thing people seem to be overlooking is the potential for CBN and staff to field a good team on Saturdays — and our players who choose to remain at UF should have better team unity than the others buying superstars.

We should see vastly improved defensive play this season, especially in the secondary. Ventrel Miller will be a big leader out there on D. And if the OL gives AR time and opens up creases for our RBs, we should enjoy watching our Gators far more than last year.

We all know the effort CBN and staff are putting into recruiting — pay for play is ruining that scene in the near term — but we should benefit from far better coaching over last year and I expect this to be a strength going forward. You can put together a damn good team with our current level of talent combined with top notch coaching. I think our team will play at a level we haven’t seen since 2009. This will be a big factor in this year’s recruiting and beyond.

Pay for play is already ugly and it’s gonna get uglier until it gets so bad popularity plummets and something is finally done to reel it in. Until then, I will be satisfied with a team that plays with discipline and heart and represents UF the right way. We will win some big games this season

Go Gators

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
  19. upstategator

upstategator GC Legend

Nov 1, 2017
    That’s fine. They would have also laughed if I said it about the last 3 coaches.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. upstategator

upstategator GC Legend

Nov 1, 2017
    I agree with your point about not knowing…that’s a valid point. That being said. What kind of “cheating” these other programs doing that we aren’t? I tend to break things down in the most granular options which leads me to believe it’s either A: our collective isn’t well funded or doesn’t know what to do or B: this staff is over it’s head and unproven before they got here (sans Raymond) or a combination of the 2. All this “ they are cheating” stuff is tiresome.

• Funny Funny x 1