Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Todd Grantham ... thank you for your service

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by willymayshayes, Dec 20, 2020.

1. swampgas44

swampgas44 Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    He hate me. :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  2. GATOR_4Life

GATOR_4Life GC Legend

Aug 16, 2010
    Marietta, Ga
    IF this happens we need a young up comer from a G5 school. I don't want somebody who was great 5-10 years ago...the game has gone thru a quiet revolution and started really embracing analytics that usually favor passing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. steveGator52

steveGator52 GC Hall of Fame

May 3, 2016
    DC Metro area
    If he does that, Grantham should be gone now, and let the candidates coach the bowl game and audition. Otherwise, someone from the outside is coming in.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. freedomgator

freedomgator GC Legend

Mar 26, 2017
    Why would he do that?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. grouchygator

grouchygator Get Off My Lawn Premium Member

Jan 6, 2019
    why not?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Sarasota, FL
    • Funny Funny x 3
  7. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

How is anybody “all world “ as a 17 or 18 year old out of high school? That’s silly

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. dadx4

dadx4 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville, Fl
    Soooo has Grantham gotten his "promotion" yet? My liver can't make it another season on prevent defense.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. gator_annarbor

gator_annarbor Junior

Nov 9, 2019
    Pelini might work! A good coach who develops talent and might fit Mullens philosophy.

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Marco Wilson - Wikipedia

"Wilson started as a true freshman and recorded 34 tackles and 10 passes broken up", his play as a freshman lead him to be named preseason all-SEC.
    You may or may not recall he was pretty damn good a lot off people thought he was better than his brother...l

Side note: Someone put "shoe thrower" as his position... he he

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    Christian Robinson?

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    There is an 18 year old playing for one of the Top 5 schools who picks everything off. He's so good not even the best QBs in the country will attempt to throw it in his zone. If I find his name, I'll post it unless one of you can find it. 2 reasons he's so good - 1) high IQ; chess champion, helps the DC call plays 2) fast, 4.2 speed with even faster acceleration. Will that carry over to the next level? Not sure, but when you have more INTs than most teams, you are doing something right.

There's another kid who plays for Pinson Valley here in Alabama (same school as Bo Nix), nicknamed Kool-Aid, who also is considered all world. Some say he's psychic because of the way he can stick to a receiver running his route and not even have to look at fluctuations in his route running. But he has said he watched a lot of film and learns the tendencies of the QB and receivers. Good enough for me, but he's headed to Bama.

14. gatorranger7

gatorranger7 All American

Jun 8, 2007
    What if Jeremy Pruitt became available? Asking for a friend.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  15. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Well just please answer 2 questions:
    1)Name me a team that has played defense this year?
    2) Who in the world is out there if you are going to make a change.

Also Name me one player that could start for Bama or Georgia on defense. Our talent level on defense is not on the level of champion SEC teams

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    Apparently too green for DC but may get there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. rpmGator

rpmGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Foolish fans forget no spring and work for the D this year just games.
    Easier for the O than D in a case like this

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    For those against Robinson promotion please read entire post.

let’s start this way....I mentioned his name earlier in the year and didn’t get blasted but close to it.
    I can tell you this this board would have a meltdown if Crob got promoted.

Here’s what’s funny… He could NOT do any worse and ask the players on the team who they love the most and want to play for the most and the answer is easy. I feel that several if not more tired of TG’s antics And they knew they weren’t going to get an opportunity to play due to him always playing the older guys. I’ll say it again, this board may melt down as there are plenty of people that think a young guy without much experience shouldn’t get a chance. I would say again, how could he do any worse and remember the relationships C Rob builds with parents, kids and his recruiting prowess make him very valuable. someone that will be leaving us in the next year or two if we don’t find a way to retain him.
    Somebody will be grabbing him from us in a year or two if we don’t figure out how to retain him. Heck, Grantham may take him with him.
    Sometimes it takes a promotion to see what they got really has.
    Pierre transferring ok, but if you see any other young guys that’s your sign. How did Princely not play more?? And before anybody talks about Robinson’s linebackers… Keep in mind Grantham may only be allowing him to do so much as Grantham strikes me as very similar to champ with regards to be overly controlling. I think our backers actually improved some and I think got better fundamentally. Not sure I can say that for any other position group. Robinson is a very smart young man and I’m sure he has thoughts for his future. I know some talk about Marcus Freeman and what he’s doing in Cincinnati and I honestly think if Christian had the same opportunities he would be
    Experiencing the same success if not more. We need some energy back on our defense and I think this young man could bring it. Look at all the choices out there and tell me which one of them is current with the game. Not Chizik, not Pelini, Steele needs great guys in the trenches, Mason isn’t happening, Champ is a no, T Rob or Manuel could be but Manuel has never coached in college. Why not a guy that knows our program, that we can recruit really well, that parents and kids absolutely love, and somebody that could bring true energy back to our program. my one caveat is if he is willing to move away from Grantham‘s scheme and play more bump and run and be aggressive.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. LAGatorDoc

LAGatorDoc GC Hall of Fame

Jul 29, 2012
    I don’t know. LBs outside of Ventrell were a white hot mess this year. Diabate played better last couple of games. But even Ventrell was not lighting the world on fire. IMO, The jury is still out on Christian Robinsons coaching ability

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    Apparently too green for DC but may get there.

• Agree Agree x 2