Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

To Beat LSU we have to

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by shane4three, Oct 9, 2021.

1. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    Bama win saved his butt. He already lost the games he needed to win to be relevant this season. Aggies are 1-2 in SEC with some tough games left. This was supposed to be their year with their cake schedule, doesnt look like it to me. How does a great coach lose to Miss St and Ark in the same year and both games were in Texas?? If the Gators had beaten bama , but lost to KY and UT, maybe you would be happy, but I wouldnt.

I never said Mullen was a better coach, but in your example he has already beaten Ga once. Props to Fisher for his NC, but Orgeron has one of those, so did Chizik, etc etc. The wrong year to be pimping Fisher, just my opinion of course.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Hey, sorry, but I gotta disagree. We had the Gumps on the the ropes, but messed up that two point conversion.

Fisher lost to bad teams twice this year. If he had done that at UF it would have been bedlam on this board.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    I don’t consider Arkansas bad. I agree w ya on MSU. My problem is Dan had 2 bug games this year. He lost the first one to Bama. The second one is Georgia but in the meantime he lost one he shouldn’t have which is becoming the norm. Jimbo bought himself and his team hope that they turned it around. If we don’t beat GA and after losing to UK I’d say this was a disappointing season. 3 SEC losses is too much with our talent.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    …score one more point than them.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    Arkansas is a solid team. Just saying Jimbo seems more dialed in or let’s say concerned with winning and losing. Many have questioned this exact thing with Dan. Examples:
    LSU last year
    Oklahoma last year
    UK this year
    UK and Mizzou a few years back

6. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    Becomes a must win now in my book.
    With them missing Ricks, Stingley, and Boutte we should be heavily favored but, not so fast!
    They still have plenty of talent and Max Johnson is a very very underrated quarterback. This needs to be a statement game for us to build some momentum going into Georgia

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. If “we” means the fans on this forum, we need to get drunk by noon kickoff. If “we” means the Gator football team…maybe they should try the same strategy in order to play loose and minimize penalties?

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    I don’t think we will have a problem getting pressure, just watch out for those wtf moments. We dominated Kentucky and lost. Hope we can put it in the end zone when we get down there and be up by 21 late in the game. No fluke play chnging the outcome.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    It’s an important game for them too at home. We need to take control early and take the fight out of them. A close game late will turn that crowd nuts just like Bama at the swamp. We had Bama dead to rights and should’ve finished them off. Don’t let corn dogs have that hope and crowd at the end. Make it an early day.

10. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Arkansas may not be bad but 37-0 to the puppies isn’t all that good. Kentucky may not be all that good either but they are undefeated. Let’s see how they do and we get next. In a couple weeks, we will have a better idea where everyone really stands and if Georgia is just in a league of their own this year.

11. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Hall of Fame

Mar 17, 2019
    [​IMG]
    They didn't have my name on the paycheck. Did you see yours?

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  12. phideltgator

phideltgator Senior

Oct 10, 2013
    miami
    Jekyll or Hyde. I am going to be interested in watching for Dan's alternate ego adjustment to see if Hyde returns to the Gator sideline?

13. SJB612

SJB612 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    LSU is out some big time players for this game. Reminds me of the UGA game last year. Have to take advantage. I watched a couple LSU games and one guy that really stood out to me on defense was Ali Gaye. Dude has freak size for a DE and he is out. Ricks was the other big time talent that stood out. He's out. If we cant take advantage of them not having Ricks and Stingley in the Secondary and some of the other guys out then shame on Dan.

14. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 27, 2015
    it doesn't matter who is in their lineup, it matters what Emory can and will do.

15. SJB612

SJB612 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    I would think having Ricks and Stingley back there would change what Emory would be allowed to do. Hopefully now we will challenge them downfield more. But I get what you are saying, it doesn't matter if Emory won't take any shots downfield.

16. phideltdj

phideltdj GC Hall of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    Most of us feel we were the better team than UK and gave the game away yet UK crushed LSU so we should be able to beat them as easily as UK did.

17. 4everaGator

4everaGator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 3, 2010
    Central Florida
    You are reasoning with the transitive property: A>B and B>C, therefore A>C which applies to real numbers but not football teams. Unfortunately this is the method used to rank teams across the nation.

18. malscott

malscott Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    West Hills, Ca
    Continued improvement. Minimize penalties. Cover the pass well-that guy does toss it around the football field. Some interceptions would be nice. And finally, hear the count!

Go Gators.

19. phideltdj

phideltdj GC Hall of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    That's awesome with the transitive property and agree with you....We really should win this game and I think we will!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Montanagator

Montanagator All American

Dec 13, 2009
    We have to develop a silent count. Maybe just a hand signal instead of clapping.