Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Time's person of the year

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by rivergator, Dec 11, 2019.

1. gatorpika

gatorpika Premium Member

Sep 14, 2008
    She got them to skip school on fridays in protest of global warming. What a huge sacrifice.

2. ufhomerj31

ufhomerj31 All American

Jan 5, 2010
    My kids are being forced to do reports on Greta, brain washing starts to early. As a responsible parent, I teach my kids to make their own minds up, don't believe everything they hear or read in news and school. Don't get biased by peers, teachers, and parents (myself included).

FWIW, my kids despise Greta and student activism in general. Myself, I am in different. I would have picked the HK protesters, but with all the violence, understand why they could not be selected.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator

Apr 8, 2007
    Your kids despise her? Why?

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  4. ufhomerj31

ufhomerj31 All American

Jan 5, 2010
    It is a mixture of many factors. Mainly because she and her cause is being forced on them. Also feels she is to young to be an expert on something this complex. My personal belief there is some jealously involved as well.

My original comment was to highlight how the school age kids might have been "forced" into the protest.

• Like Like x 2
  5. gatorpika

gatorpika Premium Member

Sep 14, 2008
    mXMX1Ig_d.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. obgator

obgator All American

Apr 3, 2007
    Wow, lots of angry people in here getting upset with a teenager. You should all chill and watch an old fashioned movie with a friend.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  7. ursidman

ursidman GC Hall of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Murphy NC
    • Funny Funny x 5
  8. cpgator

cpgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007

Pretty sure that picture isn't the only time Trump has imagined himself in a 16-yo girl's pants.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 9, 2009
    They won't get the Greta issue for another 3 or 4 years.

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    I'm guessing your kids have been heavily influenced by you, whether you intended it or not.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. studegator

studegator Senior

Feb 24, 2008
    Watched her speak, quite a young woman and very courageous in my mind. Speaks like somone much older.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. cedarkey_gator1

cedarkey_gator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    So proud of our President mocking a sixteen year old girl for becoming a serious human, addressing the number one issue facing the planet we all live on. He inspire me every day with his brilliant tweets to make us all better persons.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Don’t know if already posted, but too funny not to share

Attached Files:

14. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Legend

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    Hmmm. Don't really know what to say about that. Your family seems to have made up their minds based on your feelings that other kids were "forced" into protest.
    Also, your kids are against young people trying to influence and make changes? That seems horribly sad.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Legend

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    It is funny that trump and his minions use words like triggered and snowflake. Have you ever seen a grown ass man whine and bitch so much. If it was some random geriatric it would be just a little sad, but this guy supposedly has a day job.

Trump appears to set personal record for tweets in a day

120 tweets or retweets in 24 hours!! WTH?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. ufhomerj31

ufhomerj31 All American

Jan 5, 2010
    I am trying to teach my family to always do the right thing and make your own decisions and paths. Don't rely on others to do your thinking. If that's sad then so be it.

Everything is not black and white, there is a lot of gray area. Listening to others who you disagree with is more important than with poeple of the same opinion. But it is not flashy to debate and compromise, more fun to pick sides!

• Like Like x 1
  17. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Which raises an interesting question, should Trump actually be governing like a normal president or is the US better off with him spending most of his time issuing inane tweets from his smart phone limiting his capability of doing real damage?

18. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Legend

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    You are correct that listening to people you disagree with is important, not enough of that lately.
    My boys take in the information and make their own decisions. I am sure they picked up of my leanings but I am all over the place so they get a little of everything.
    I do highly encourage them towards involvement and activism. Believe him something and work to change it.

• Like Like x 2
  19. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I think I'll start a mag called Fecal Review, with Trump as my first Human Waste of the Year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1