Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Time Cover: Day One...

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PITBOSS, Jan 22, 2021.

1. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    One thing that Trump did that Hillary almost certainly would not have been able to do is to keep us out of wars. As president, Hillary-the-Hawk probably would have had the U.S. involved in at least 2-3 wars around the world. Trump may have had a clownish act, but potential adversaries were wary enough not to try their luck with Trump and risk a military entanglement, because Trump may or may not understand the concept of a proportional response.

President Hillary might try to respond to a threatening activity with a gift of a reset button or try to charm them, causing the adversary to forget that she is in charge of the world's most powerful military.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I don't disagree with this, but I do find it concerning that one of the best things we can about our recent president is that our enemies were afraid of how unhinged he was that they didn't try anything with him.

3. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    well given the sea IS rising, the sky is falling, comparatively.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. PD

PD GC Columnist VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Insane? To have had Hillary as president the last 4 years instead of Trump?

You think it’s insane to have had 4 years of a functional government; a fast and effective national response to covid that would have us at probably around 60,000 American deaths at this point instead of well north of half a million; a national plan for police reforms that would have prevented a summer of protests that were used by white supremacist to commit violent crimes - and of course save hundreds of Black lives from murderous white supremacists posing as cops; a comprehensive economic plan that would have prevented our economy from plunging as it did; not yanking our troops out of a contested Middle East border zone to cede it to Putin and allow hundreds of local citizens to be beaten, raped and murdered by the enemy forces that took over all of our abandoned facilities and equipment; not allow Putin to get away with putting bounties on American soldiers and murdering dissidents and journalists - including Americans; not to pull out of most of our international deals and not even bother to replace them with anything....NOT getting impeached twice in one term; NOT telling over 35,000 demonstrated lies to the national media; NOT committing over a hundred federal crimes in one term; NOT leaving a huge portion of the Federal government’s positions unfilled the entire 4 years; NOT letting Putin hack our elections, national committee servers, national security systems, etc....NOT having a POTUS-organized and commanded violent, deadly, armed, seditious insurrection against the United States of America???

I can go on for hours. If this is “insane” then up is down and sign us all up for some insanity.

The fact that over 70 million Americans supposedly voted to keep Trump’s calamity of American democracy demolition over sound governance...that’s what makes America NOT great.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. tbtwnsnd

tbtwnsnd Premium Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Memphis
    dude... get a life and go out and enjoy life. Good lord man

6. PD

Apr 3, 2007
    9/11? Are you serious? We’ve been losing NINE 9/11s worth of Americans to covid a WEEK recently. ~3,000 killed on 9/11...well over half a million dead from covid. Worst unemployment numbers ever. EVER. 9/11 brought all of America together; Trump divided America more and more violently than any time since the Civil War. 9/11 doesn’t even begin to compare in magnitude.

And seriously? Reagan & Russia? Anyone could’ve pulled that off. Russia/USSR had imploded under the weight of its decades of failed economic policies. It was begging to be let into the rest of the world again. The Pope did more to tear down the Berlin Wall than Reagan ever did. I mean, comparing the end of the Cold War to Biden’s 3-headed crisis monster...might as well compare it to how tough it was open that Gatorade bottle.

7. PD

Apr 3, 2007
    So you concede that your comment was bunk, and you admit that Hillary would clearly have been a better POTUS by immeasurable amounts.

Glad we got that cleared up.

8. PD

Apr 3, 2007
    Please tell me the last war that was started by a Democrat. And explain how Russia’s cyber war against us doesn’t count.

Also...how is this not a war against America (that he started)?....

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Meanwhile putin places bounties to kill our troops and hacked into all of our systems. And nk is as potent as ever. But Sure our adversaries “were wary“. And hillary would respond “with a gift”?!?? Trump couldn’t kiss-up hard enough to Putin.

10. tbtwnsnd

tbtwnsnd Premium Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Memphis
    I would never in my life vote for Hillary.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. PD

Apr 3, 2007
    So, again confirming that Hillary would have been the better choice by far.

But...dare I even ask why you’d “never in your life” vote for Hillary, at the time the empirically most qualified person to have ever run for the office?

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. tbtwnsnd

tbtwnsnd Premium Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Memphis
    Hillary would of been a disaster. Just know I will still be voting republican next round. I guess that makes me a terrible person right?

13. PD

Apr 3, 2007
    Well you said it about yourself, and I can’t dispute it. And not even because there is literally only one decent human being left in the GOP, and he’s not running in 2022. But because you’ve already cast your vote for 2022, and you don’t even know who will be running. You’re just voting TEAM, with ZERO regard for qualifications, platform, criminality or human decency.

If you can’t see that THIS is THE problem with this country, then I can’t help you.

But again, could you please dispense with meaningless proclamations that parrot Trump quotes like “She’d be a disaster,” and tell us - specifically - what would Hillary have done that would have been a disaster? Do you even know anything about her? She’s been an unequivocal success at literally every job she’s ever had. Just as uniformly as Trump has been a complete failure at everything he’s ever done.

I mean, if you’re this dead set on the belief, surely you can name just one thing that she would’ve done that would’ve been a disaster.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  14. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    I do think that one good thing about the Trump administration was that he did not get us involved in any new wars. But the idea that Hillary would have gotten us in two or three seems pretty far fetched. Based on what other than simply assuming that the other side is really bad?

I don't think Obama did as much as he should have to get us out of existing conflicts, but did he get us involved in any new wars other than the Libya civil war? And that was really minor involvement, wasn't it?
    Or am I missing something? (I certainly can be.)

15. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    You are talking to a card carrying member of the “Obama invented ISIS” crew. Don’t waste your time.