Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Tim Tebow 'has improved' since making TE debut with Jaguars

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by philnotfil, May 27, 2021.

1. thekentuckygator

thekentuckygator GC Legend

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    Society can't handle the truth and they dont want the truth. All the lemmings want is the feelgood de-evolution to continue in sports and everything else. Quite sad.

The only thing left to make us smile is that when its all over, the lights go out and we are cavemen again, UGA will never again be seen on tv. Lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. coach

coach GC Hall of Fame

Dec 5, 2008
    Boca Raton
    Only way around it, he makes the team and balls out. Showing he earned it and deserved it. No favors.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Thats the way it should be. But the media will shit all over it no matter how it turns out. It’s what they do

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Legend

Feb 22, 2017
    Maybe he’ll grow his hair out, put on a Castro shirt, and take a knee. That’ll confuse the shit out of em.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. unclerob

unclerob Junior

Aug 14, 2015
    If I was Jacksonville, he would make the team regardless. If I thought he was taking up a roster spot that I really needed, he would get an "injury" and be put on injured reserve.

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    Put on a Che t-shirt with a rainbow on the back. Which side to believe ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

It’s been a long time since I seriously followed the MFL, especially in preseason — but don’t they make their roster cuts after they’ve had a chance to see them in some preseason games? If that’s the case, Meyer should give Tebow some action so we can at least see what he can do with the ball in his hands before they get down to the final 53

8. nawlinsgator

nawlinsgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    I think there are two rounds of cuts….not sure though

9. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    I remember Tebow being cut by the Patriots after the last pre-season game. Yes, there are multiple rounds of cuts to get down to the final 53.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Only hope is practice squad or use on special teams like Jets did.

11. hawaiigator

hawaiigator All American

Sep 9, 2018
    You are correct. I know there’s at least 2 cuts with the last being after the final preseason game if I recall correctly. I too have stopped following though.

12. Juggernautz

Juggernautz Don't tread on me! VIP Member

Apr 17, 2007
    Yulee, FL
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Nostradamus

Nostradamus GC Legend

Sep 18, 2015
    And UGA will still not have won another natty.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Nostradamus

Nostradamus GC Legend

Sep 18, 2015
    Tebow is good for business regardless of what the “journalists” write about him. Fans like him, and won’t care if some press and TV personalities take offense - they make their living off of creating controversy and generating clicks, not for cover sports objectively.

Tebow is a money-maker for the team, and if he’s even serviceable at TE or even special teams, I think he’ll be given a chance.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. malscott

malscott Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    West Hills, Ca
    The 'media hate' makes it even sweater when Tebow does well. Regardless of their bias, when he performs its pretty glorious. Not sure if it's because he's such a good guy, such a baller, a former Gator. A great role model , or because they all hate him... OR...all the above.:eek::p:)

I sure hope we get to watch him this year. I don't watch the NFL, but if he makes the team I'll be looking for Tebow highlights, that's for sure! HA!~

Go Gators.;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Under the NFL’s new camp schedule, the first wave of cuts, due by Aug. 17, will trim the team from 90 players to 85. The second, on Aug. 24, winnows the roster size to 80. On Aug. 31, three days after the preseason finale, teams must finalize their initial 53-man roster.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. mkfgator

mkfgator GC Legend

Aug 28, 2019
    I understand the angst of the media against Tebow. A friend of mine who was an editor for the Times Union here in Jacksonville once told me that, across the board nationally, a large percentage of media people he knows are atheists. I don't want to get too much into that here because I want to keep things to football, but obviously atheism might have a problem with a successful Christian athlete because he makes them uncomfortable . And many of us want to be comfortably numb. As for Tim, I hope he makes the team if and only if he is one of the top 1-3 TE's on their roster. I don't want him to make the team to bring in fans or to sell jerseys. That would offend everything TT believes in, and I honor that. On the other hand, if he is one of the best TE's on a team thin with good TE's, I hope he isn't left off because of fear of media retaliation. The wisdom to know the truth and courage to follow it is hard to find these days.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    They are all going to hell anyway, lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Weird, I don't think I've ever seen a media member say anything bad about football players forming a prayer circle after every game. If a large percentage of those people are atheists, they don't make it known.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. thekentuckygator

thekentuckygator GC Legend

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    I have a very good friend in the media. Yes, that's the case.