Welcome home, fellow Gator

...to the Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Ticket Prices Again

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by themistocles, Jan 11, 2018.

1. themistocles

themistocles VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Earlier I posted about what a difference there was in Ticket Prices in Columbia, MO and Knoxville, TN.

I just realized that on the CBS Sportsline Basetball Schedule Page they give the lowest prices for tickets to every game: https://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/schedule/FLA/florida-gators

This is really fascinating, with the range of lowest prices being rather incredible, from a low of $9.70 for the home game against Arky, & USC & the away game with Vandy, to the Highest of $92.50 at Rupp and $80.49 for Ky in Gainesville. The Ky games are 10 times as expensive as Arky, USC & Vandy. and the only other games that even reach half of that are Baylor and Bama in Gainesville at $50.50. Interestingly, the game at Ole Miss ($38.50), is next highest, followed by $30.10 at Tuscaloosa.

Variability is the norm in this Multiverse, but 10 times differential is simply amazing variability.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. GatorLurker

GatorLurker GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    In 2013 my wife and I were out of town on the West Coast for the regular season ending UK game. We sold our tickets on StubHub and it more than paid for our season tickets for the year and made up most of our booster fees as well. We do have awesome seats.

We watched the game and saw that UK fans had bought our tickets.

I do feel a bit guilty about that, but it was probably a thrill of a lifetime for them.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    You should.:(:confused::eek::mad:
    I guess I'll have to notch you down on the respect-o-meter.

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. themistocles

themistocles VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Love it Matherly: "respect-o-meter."

Scalpers of the World UNITE!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. MtownGator

MtownGator GC Hall of Fame

Sep 1, 2012
    Memphis,Tn
    I was looking for tickets to the ole Miss game this weekend.
    Apparently they have fans like ours. Seats 8 rows from the floor. $175 each on the Good guys side.

$29 everywhere else.

6. mcogator

mcogator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 22, 2016
    Carson, CA
    I met some older UCONN fans at a Manhattan beach bar. They were travelling to see them play UCLA. Apparently there are a large number of their fans that travel to a large number of their away games, and they say good seats to their home games can get very expensive. This shocked me.

7. oneatatime

oneatatime GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Our weekend home schedule is pretty horrible and tickets are expensive.

Our weeknight home schedule is much better and as you might expect tickets are much cheaper

8. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    We played them at home to end the season in 2012 and 2014, but not 2013. If you did this in 2012, then you should be tarred and feathered. If you did this in 2014, you are forgiven as that was a beautiful home cap to a very, very fun season.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    If you buy them online, you can be more sure of the validity of the tickets, but you do pay a premium. Not necessarily a premium with respect to face value or out-of-pocket costs of the season ticket holder, but with respect to how much you would pay for the same tickets if you try to buy them on gameday.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

10. g8wayg8r

g8wayg8r GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Ticket prices in Columbia, MO are outrageous - and that's through the athletic dept, which was the least expensive I could find. Its not that far of a drive but it's too rich for my blood.

11. tussgator

tussgator Junior

Jan 9, 2018
    Gainesville
    That's why I only ever get to go to the Eastern Michigan, Charleston Southern or maybe the Vandy game.

Can't afford those high prices for the good games, and God forbid I want to take my family. lol

I'd have to take out a loan.

12. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I'll be visiting the new arena for the first time next month when I drive down for the LSU game..although lowest price tickets are $12.63, I doubt i'll be interested in those seats...will look to get something closer to the court.