Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Thrift Store Find

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by Efawcett7, May 9, 2018.

1. Efawcett7

Efawcett7 Eric Fawcett GC Columnist VIP Member

Found this hat at a thrift store here in Edmonton. Finding Gators stuff at a thrift store 3000 miles from Gainesville is wild!

Getting Florida stuff here always sucks (the Canadian dollar sucking plus shipping plus duty at the border) always makes Gators stuff really expensive so to find something vintage is sweet!

I also should have taken a before photo. This hat was in nasty shape but I gave it a deep clean and restored it pretty well! IMG_6210.JPG

• Like Like x 7
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  2. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    Wait a minute! Something is not right here. Your photo make all of us in Florida think you are holding a Gator hat while wearing an FSU jacket. And don't try to convince us its some hockey team up in Canada. Any Gator fan would know Orange and Blue does not mix with Garnet and Gold. What gives?

Hope you know I'm just trying to give you a hard time. LOL

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. jmac83

jmac83 GC Legend

Apr 9, 2007
    That was the first thing I noticed about the photo, also, lol. Something just ain't right with this here Canadian feller.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Efawcett7

Efawcett7 Eric Fawcett GC Columnist VIP Member

Hahahaha! It's a USC starter jacket. Not a team I should be repping, but it is a cool jacket.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled

Jan 5, 2010
    Maine
    Starter Jacket and cool in the same sentence?

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay GC Hall of Fame

Dec 19, 2011
    South Florida
    That's uglier than some of the stuff I gave you which is saying something!

Pretty cool find though up there.

7. cincinnatigator

cincinnatigator GC Hall of Fame

Mar 5, 2017
    That's pretty cool. That said, you wouldn't catch me wearing it.

8. tilly

tilly Superhero Moderator with bulletproof posts! Moderator VIP Member

It was da bomb in 1995 yo!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. themistocles

themistocles VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Temple Terrace, FL
    Well fawcett, I once found a Cuban Coffee Pot in a Reno, NV thrift store in 1975, but due to it's rarity there (not here in Tampa at all), they jacked up the price ridiculously, so my then wife and I didn't buy it.

Trade and exchange routes have been extensive for as long as we find artifacts. Tradesmen, Entertainers and Story Tellers have always wandered long distances seeking buyers/audiences, and people always carry things from home with them when they travel, and not infrequently, unburden themselves of certain things which are replaced by something they get far away and take home to amaze their friends.

In the Americas, many things produced by one of the large South/Central American Civs have been dug up even on the East Coast, in Canada, and in the Far Northwest, and the same must be true for stuff from the Missippean Culture (the mound builders of Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota & Wisconsin), although I'm not aware of any examples. Copper products from the Great Lake Region has been found all over the Americas, however.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    We can make this all go away if you would kindly post an image of yourself wearing you best Gator jacket and that cap out on a street somewhere and not some sports shop. Preferably not some Starter jacket from the 90's. Aye? LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Does the hat make you fast?

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. tilly

tilly Superhero Moderator with bulletproof posts! Moderator VIP Member

I see what you did there.:cool: