Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Three Presidential debates

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by OklahomaGator, Jul 2, 2020.

Would you agree to this Presidential debate format? MSNBC, NPR, and Fox?

1. yes

15 vote(s)
    57.7%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  1. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Would you agree to this format as far as who hosts the debates?

2. nolancarey

nolancarey GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2009
    Since Donna Brazile works at Fox now, would she leak the questions to the Biden camp beforehand?

I don't think this format would satisfy either the RNC or the DNC.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. mutz87

mutz87 #glassofwatergate VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    I think the debate should be on Twitter or Reddit. Submit their answers in writing. I don't want to hear or see either of them.

Let's face it, there isn't anything to learn that isn't already known.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    I don’t think a debate is changing anyone’s mind but I would like them on record before the election to hold them to their commitments... at least Biden. We all know Trump will say whatever then do whatever.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. gator10010

gator10010 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 23, 2008
    Biden has more to lose in a debate than Trump does.

I also think that the debates will be watched more than ever this election because of this virus.

This whole virus epidemic has been Trump vs the MSM. Biden has been very quiet, hell he hasn't even announced his VP yet which I suspect is on purpose in a future attempt to rally voters.

If Biden gets on tv and starts looking lost, which he will, blathering about 120 million Covid deaths, 150 million gun deaths, your a lying dog face pony soldier, you ain't black, give me your AR-14's and oh by the way visit my website at 33033303.....

Sorry but this isn't a good look and if he looks like a lost old man on the debate stage it's not going to help him swing independent voters.

Biden's appearances need to be very calculated and he needs to be extremely prepared and on point.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. GatorGuyDallas

GatorGuyDallas VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Plano, Texas
    If you mean Chris Wallace at Fox, sure. If you mean Hannity or Carlson, no thank you.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    There are 2 dumb things said every hour by the other candidate to Joes 1 per day and Joe has a lot to lose? Bwahahahah

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I want a good moderator because I want important and diverse questions, but I don’t really care that much about left/right bias here.

Each team should be prepared to make their points, and nuances of the questions shouldn’t matter that much.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    have you considered the pandemic has been Mostly trump vs the mainStream media because of his moronic “15 cases going to zero/it’s one person coming from China/the virus will One day magically disappear” BS lie/line of commentary that started when the first cruise ship docked in SF and continued until he woke up to actual scientific facts, not alternative ones because “he liked the numbers where they are”? .

trump picked pence on 7/15/16 so you’re criticism of Biden their is uninformed. these selections are usually historically tied to the timing of the convention.

biden can certainly be sloppy (historically he’s never been a fave of mine) but unlike 2016 I think the remaining 65% of America that’s not trumps “base“ might just be a little tired of his lying, bullying, race baiting, and being the least informed and most intellectually incurious president of our lifetime who can’t or won’t even take the time to read his daily security briefing since it takes away from his executive time watching Fox and Friends. He’s become to most of us what HRC was to you. I’d vote for my mailbox before I’d vote for him almost exclusively on character alone after the past 3.5 years of his behavior. He plans for absolutely nothing, it’s all made up as he goes.

only trumpsters can turn the position of being the billionaire leader of the free world into one of victimhood.

Poor Donald, everyone is so unfair to him when he’s such a caring empathetic person to the rest of America. Other than filing a brief last week to once again repeal with no plan to replace during a viral pandemic

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. SJB612

SJB612 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    At this point it has been Trump vs Trump. Anyone who says that the phrase "Black Lives Matter" is a symbol of hate and that confederate monuments need to be protected because they represent our heritage and history is intentionally trying to lose every black vote in America. No MSM needed. No spin. His words.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  11. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    I don’t think either side would believe any actual intelligent answers (if there were any) came from the opponent they’re against, as opposed to, say, a handler. What little value there is in a public debate comes from seeing the candidate react, think, and respond in real time.

12. AndyGator

AndyGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Accusations, mud-slinging, name calling, fake conspiracy theories and false statements do not constitute a "debate".

With the media becoming more politically polarized, I can't think of anything less appealing than this format.

• Like Like x 2
  13. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    True, and so very sad. We all know both sides have far better, more suited people. Why can't they get there? It's like sports teams that keep recycling bad coaches instead of getting fresh, new ones.

14. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
    I keep saying this and people think that I am being a smart alec, but I am serious. If I were Biden's handlers, I would never let him debate, tweet or even speak. Literally tie him to a chair in front of a camera with a sock shoved his mouth and a campaign tee-shirt that reads "I AM NOT TRUMP" and he would win the election in a landslide. If he starts trying to speak, he could easily hand this election right back to.....Trump.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Not so fast...not all blacks are libby sheep. Check out this recent poll.
    Rasmussen poll: President Trump’s approval rating among black voters hits all-time high in the wake of rioting

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  16. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Don't forget the tweets!

17. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    That's exactly why Biden has a lot to lose by engaging in debates... or townhalls or any format his campaign isn't in control of the message.

The less he says the less opportunity he has to get down to Trump's level on stupid utterances. If Biden says enough stupid things to be considered anywhere near Trump, this could become a devil you know vs devil you don't type choice for enough people to swing things back to Trump.

18. gatorpika

gatorpika Premium Member

Sep 14, 2008
    PBS is fine I guess, but I would rather have the networks do them. Not a huge fan of Fox and MSNBC's debates and also a lot of people don't have cable to see them anyway.

19. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Except we know both devils very well. Nothing Joe does will be a surprise - even conflating numbers. Trump on the other hand could offer to buy Greenland, nuke a hurricane, or write love letters to enemy despots at any time.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1