Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Three people killed in a shooting at New Orleans gun store

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by orangeblue_coop, Feb 21, 2021.

1. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    [​IMG]

Three people were killed, including the suspected shooter, in a shooting at a gun store in the New Orleans suburb of Metairie, La., on Saturday afternoon. Two others wounded by gunfire were hospitalized.

Police said that when deputies arrived at the scene at around 2:50 p.m. local time (3:50 p.m. ET), they found multiple people with gunshot wounds. "Three people were pronounced dead at the scene and two more were transported to a local hospital for treatment," according to a statement released by the sheriff's office.

While the events of the shooting remain under investigation, police said it appears that a suspect shot and killed two people inside the shooting range before being confronted and shot by multiple others outside.

The suspect is one of the three individuals who were killed, according to the sheriff's office. Police said the two individuals who were transported to area hospitals are in stable condition.

3 Dead, 2 Wounded In Shooting At Gun Store In New Orleans Suburb

At least it wasn't at a school, I guess.

2. A100

A100 Sophomore

Oct 8, 2011
    If this can happen at, what is described as the safest place in the country. Where are we safe?

• Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. gator7_5

gator7_5 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    lol. A100 and who else described a shooting range as the safest place in the country?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Certain people are always explaining to us the incredible public safety dangers of “gun free zones”, so by inference a gun shop must be one of the safest places in any community.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    Clearly they need MORE GUNS there.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. PD

PD GC Columnist VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    In a gun-saturated society? Nowhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. intimigator1

intimigator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    That gun store should be put on the NRA shameful promoters list as they lacked the proper controls to insure that the gun owning ideology holds up! How many guns does it take to keep from killing in a gun store? Not enough I think.

Signed,

Gun Control Advocate Till The Day I Die!

8. PD

Apr 3, 2007
    I abhor any shootings of our fellow human beings, but when it happens at a gun shop, a gun show or a shooting range, I find it hard to muster much sympathy. They’re the ones who make it impossible to enact reasonable gun laws. When they become the victims of the danger they created for everyone else, it seems like chickens coming home to roost.

• Come On Man x 8
    • Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
  9. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    I wouldn’t go that far without more facts, as we quite literally know nothing about the victims. The victims could have just been some regular people, not necessarily a nut job getting karma.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    From the article:
    The gun store had rules for safety. The perpetrator ignored them. That’s what criminals do.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    That isn't true, dude.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. metalcoater

metalcoater GC Legend

May 30, 2007
    No one asked for your sympathy, or cares what you think.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  13. PD

Apr 3, 2007
    What isn’t true?

14. PD

Apr 3, 2007
    It’s the regular gun owners I’m talking about. They’re the reason we don’t have effective gun laws. There aren’t enough gun nuts to hold up in DC. It’s all those people who want the shootings to stop, but not enough to risk having any of their more dangerous guns outlawed, or don’t want the inconvenience of an extra piece of paper to fill out or an extra wait...I’ve said it in another thread: Steve Harvey told me and my family once that only white people can stop the police from murdering Black people. Black people cant do it. And he is right. The same principle applies here: only sensible gun owners can force republicans to back sensible gun legislature; non-gun owners will never get any traction.

If the dispute is seen as a partisan one, the GOP will aways be able to block everything.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. PD

Apr 3, 2007
    Pardon me, I was under the crazy assumption that this was a message board.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Going to a shooting range doesn't mean you are a person who opposes gun safety reforms.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. intimigator1

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    Guess I can dispel your thinking. PD..what are your thoughts. I care what everyone thinks. You are now irrrelevant.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  18. intimigator1

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    In fact it means the opposite. Those that take time from their families to go shoot a gun tend to believe they have a righteous stand by owning and firing a gun. I am not impressed by their shooting ability but would be impressed if they were not conservatives on a mental mind game of gun defense. Its a fools game but how to convince a fool it is a game? No answer for that.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  19. intimigator1

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    gun equal gun. Stupid. Nobody but nobody can even account for the blazing mantra that gun owners play of "i own a gun to defend myself and my family and I will use it if it confronted". Lets get this right...gun owners did not defend the store. Did not defend the dead. Did not defend the injured. So, gun owners are liars and fake because nobody stopped this atrocity and yet excuses will come rolling in. So tired of the A2 crowd! I will forever fight against it and hope for change in my lifetime!

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  20. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    From your article:
    Who do you think stopped this guy from killing more people? Gun owners.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1