Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Thread approval.

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by thekentuckygator, Feb 7, 2020.

Should all new threads require mod approval?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Yes, but only for football related forums. Example, not Cookshack

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. thekentuckygator

thekentuckygator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    How is this off topic in my own thread? Lol

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. believer

believer GC Legend

Jun 2, 2007
    I can live with that

• Like Like x 1
  3. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Alpharetta, GA
    Good post and I think you're on the right track here.

I can only speak for my own personal opinion, but I don't really have a problem with particular aspects of a coach, or player, are brought into question. To question if a coach is pulling his weight in recruiting is fair game in my book.

But I think it crosses the line when the conversation goes into a debate on whether or not a coach should to be fire/replaced based on performance in one area.

There are a limited number of guys who are great coaches and great recruiters. They all have strengths and weaknesses. Spurrier wasn't a great recruiter. The ones who are really good at both usually end up being head coaches.

Posters on GC, including me, probably know about 1% of what's actually going on behind the scenes. Mullen has to know who his strongest recruiters are way better than any of us.

There are players and recruits who read these sights. Does it really do anybody any good for us to badmouth the coaches or suggest they should be fired?

4. stp_gator

stp_gator Senior

Nov 16, 2017
    St. Pete
    ^^^^This!!!^^^^
    I am extremely suspicious of any person, organization, or particularly any government bureaucrat who believes they know what information other people should be allowed to write, read, or discuss. If you don’t like the tune change the station, but don’t deny every one else their right to exercise their own freedom and make up their own mind.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

I can't imagine the few of us having to approve every thread. Too time consuming.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    A tiny part of me feels like you actually just made this thread without approval to demonstrate to all of us that anyone can absolutely make a unapproved thread about the most random and useless things. If so.... well done sir.o_O

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    From the looks of the votes, this idea went over about as well as a fart in church...‍:emoji_scream:

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. nawlinsgator

nawlinsgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Don't forget to submit a stool sample...............so we can get an idea of what kind of sh#t is about to get posted.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  9. GatorGrowl

GatorGrowl Forum Admin Moderator VIP Member GC Staff

Jan 19, 2012
    Paris, TN
    While we do try to look at the new post from new posters, to look at all new post would make many hours at some parts of the day that did not have new threads, so I think they would just do the end around and make posted threads have content that was off topic just to get to have a thought shown.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    No Big Gulp drinks over 40 ounces or plastic straws, either.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  11. MyakkaGator

MyakkaGator GC Hall of Fame

Hear ye, hear ye,

GC will now require a DNA swab of your first born.. In the event that you do not have a first born, It is mandated that you send gratuitously hot pics of your significant other to the new proxy-mod, MyakkaGator; keep in mind pics with more skin will have more freedom with respect to the content of their posts.

If you do not have either of these requirements, you are S.O.L.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  12. GATOR_4Life

GATOR_4Life GC Legend

Aug 16, 2010
    Marietta, Ga
    I completely agree that we know only a small fraction of what goes on, and ultimately there are only a handful of people who can make a completely informed decision. Those are handful of people are often the ones who actually have the power to fire, hold, or extend. But I disagree that its inappropriate for a fan to suggest that somebody should let go based off performance for any combination of factors. Ultimately as fans we don't just cheer our team, we judge it's performance in a whole host of ways...both on the field and off the field, we assign blame, and we imagine consequences. That's part of being a fan. The moderators and owners any message board can set that line where-ever they please, and if people want a more expansive definition they can go to twitter where anything goes. But the line is ultimately where they set it, and not because its there is something inherently wrong in expressing an opinion, however hurtful or ill-informed. There is space for discussion between a bad opinion and a twitter mob.

13. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Is political correctness coming to our message boards? Say it ain’t so!!!

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  14. thekentuckygator

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    Well, I am Irish. Shenanigans are always a possibility.

15. thekentuckygator

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    This turned out to be far more hilarious than expected. Lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

If it's one thing I've seen since arriving herre on Gatoir Country12 years ago....
    It' has to be the overall civility of these forums, (alomg with the great content, of course :))....

Now, after being a Mod for a while, I believe that I might speak for my comrades in saying that, as a Moderator, you get a bit of a different outlook....becoming more appreciative of the posters hat tend to maintain the civility, but also becoming a bit "protective" of this site....

All of us strive to keep this the best site for all things Gators in the Country, and even the World...and many of us are on these forums at all hours of both day and night....watching for "invadiing" spammers, trolls, and yes, those posters who decide to violate the GC rules...

On behalf of my fellow Moderators, and even the Administrators of Gator Coountry, I'd like to personally thank our members who like to keep these forums civil, informative, and even entertaining at times, and for that I offer my hand in friendship......

But....remember, although we're here for you....if anybody wants to really step over the line of civility....we can also "extend" something else........

[​IMG]

So....please continue to keep it civil! :D:)

• Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  17. MyakkaGator

MyakkaGator GC Hall of Fame

Couldn't help it, had to give you an off topic.... The facetiousness in me would not allow me to not to have fun with you!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

Which is exactly why we also unvieled another "item" for those posters accusing others of being "facetious"...some call it "Little Boy" :D........

[​IMG]

Have a great day..and keep on keepin' on, buddy!! :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    [​IMG]

20. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    When an idea is so outrageously off base, the OP deserves an "off topic" rating. This particular ideas has gone over like . . .
    [​IMG]

• Disagree Disagree x 1