Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Thoughts on Our Current 2020 Class?

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by Nicho, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Nicho

Nicho GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I don't disagree with this, but I'm not convinced that our recruiting issues are entirely due to self-imposed high standards.

I still suspect that we are a bit disorganized on the recruiting front and not doing what is needed to keep up with the Joneses. Not talking from a facility standpoint but in terms of frequency of contact, etc. Would venture to say that we still have work to do on a few fronts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. grant1

grant1 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 10, 2009
    6th in the SEC and behind scUM and f$u, sucking hind tit if you ask me.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    My thoughts exactly. Would have loved to have him and another APB in this class and if they are doing behind the scenes work, it better be on Bowman and they better get him because from what you see on surface level, aka his Twitter page, he looks to be ALL IN on Clemson.

Bow⚓️ (@Bowman_22) | Twitter

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. devincdoss

devincdoss Freshman

Aug 9, 2017
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I agree with everything you just said. One thing I'll ask is who's to say that the recruiting landscape won't drastically change in the next 5-10 years though? We talk about how it was totally different when Meyer was at UF. With the coaching carousel, allegations, fickleness of recruits, etc., it's impossible to tell who will be on top down the road. UF could be a contender for elite recruits or they could be average. Obviously Dabo is gonna get his while he's hot, but I'm sure not many people thought he would be at this level of recruiting when he was pulling in #36, #27, and #20 recruiting classes earlier this decade.

I think that we just need to let things play out. Obviously recruiting matters, but games still have to be played each Saturday. Recruits want to see you win games, which hasn't been done on a consistent basis at UF for a few years. If Mullen wins games, he'll get the recruits he needs in order to be successful, and not necessarily the ones you and I want.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Noticed Mississippi State just was placed on 3 years probation, along with forfeiture of wins last year in men’s football and basketball where ineligible players played. They lose scholarships, official visits, .... This is after Dan left, but apparently a tutor last year did all or majority of work in classes for 8 football and 1 basketball player. Wonder if this allows any Mississippi State player to immediately transfer without penalty due to their probation??!

• Like Like x 1
  6. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Which players in the class are you unhappy with or don't feel UF should take?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. ugahairydawgs

ugahairydawgs All American

Apr 9, 2007
    There is no postseason ban, so it doesn't qualify their players for the waiver.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. antny

antny GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    Clemson also wasn't spending a reported 3million on recruiting when his classes were getting those rankings. Article recently stated Clemson recruiting budget is now 10 times higher than it was 10 years ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017

• Informative Informative x 3
  10. sovietgator

sovietgator Lighten up Jan Brady (Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!!)

Apr 3, 2007
    Down On Da' Bayou
    This is very common in the SEC and NCAA.

Mississippi State hit with NCAA sanctions: Tutor took exams for football, basketball players

11. rpmGator

rpmGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Those that decide the end based on the first quarter are sometimes fulll of it

12. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    One thing he did point out that will probably hold true for years to come- the schools mentioned who own their states in recruiting. The people in those states are from those states and have strong community ties. In Florida, there are very few Floridians left so the ties aren’t so strong. There are fans from all over the country here. Wear a Bama hat in Tennessee and see how that goes for you . Go to Bourbon St after we kick LSU’s ass in a couple months and wear all that gator gear. Big difference in climate.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. devincdoss

devincdoss Freshman

Aug 9, 2017
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Guess it's time for Stricklin to go to the bank

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. devincdoss

devincdoss Freshman

Aug 9, 2017
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Need to make some 2020 safeties a priority after last night. Hope Tennison, Joel Williams, and Torrence were watching because they're going to be needed quickly. I am not so sure English is the right guy for the job. Lack of talent, effort, and fundamentals back there.

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Looked like guys took some bad angles causing missed tackles. Looked kind of anxious and and trying to get there to quick.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Nicho

Nicho GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Couldn't agree more. Easily the worst-performing position last night. We absolutely need to upgrade the talent quickly. We didn't deserve the DBU moniker last night.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
  18. sovietgator

sovietgator Lighten up Jan Brady (Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!!)

Apr 3, 2007
    Down On Da' Bayou
    Supposedly isolated. And apparently only connected to the new coaching staff.

I think Mullen and staff we're still in MSU recruiting mode when they got here. And that was why we offered some recruits who were a long shot at getting past admissions.

That defo has to he corrected for the next class. No matter what their ranking is, don't waste time on kids who don't have the grades/scores to get past admissions.

MSU ain't in the AAU. But the tutor shenanigans go on all the time in the P5.

19. grant1

grant1 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 10, 2009
    Nobody in particular, but the class in middle of the pack in SEC and 3rd in state. Are you happy with that position?

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I judge our class by the players in it, and how they will be able to produce. Obviously the class is not yet complete, but I see a number of difference makers and only one, maybe two guys I'm not nuts about.
    Comparing classes is subjective at best, pointless at this moment....but my guess is that come signing day I would prefer uf class to fsu or um

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1