Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Thoughts on Our Current 2020 Class?

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by Nicho, Jun 2, 2019.

1. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007

Dont see it anywhere. Must have them filtered.

2. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Which kid?

3. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    Elite recruits take you inside college football's 'arms race'

Clemson commit Tre Williams puts it bluntly when asked why top recruits tend to flock to other top recruits: “Nobody wants to play with bad people.”

He had another gem

A myriad of factors goes into that formula: Recruiting, coaching, facilities, on-field performance, etcetera ... You could go on for a while. But how exactly is a program supposed to jump without landing elite prospects?

When polled, Tre Williams was as blunt as usual: “Recruit better.”

When it’s pointed out to Williams that most top prospects are going to the same schools, making it hard for other teams to emerge, Williams responded: “Well, Clemson did it.”

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  4. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Legend

Nov 11, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  5. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    "Report: Gators adding ex FSU coach to off-field staff."

Who is it???

6. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    It's Greg Frey

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Yes they did and without the top classes

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. manigordo

manigordo GC Hall of Fame

Mullen may not be a car salesman with a sliver tongue, but he is an expert at knowing his product. He sells the University of Florida, with its academics, all sport reputation for high level athletics, football, great training and coaching, team as family, graduation and the ensuing networking potential for graduates.

Some kids are not going to be interested. Period.
    But, a heck of a lot of parents are, and so will high character kids.
    I am not only satisfied CDM's approach, I am proud of it and believe UF will be well represented with astonishing success.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
  10. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Film is good, 4 * DB. Are you good with that?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    Heck yea i'm good with that. 247 was saying that their is a 4* OLB, Damien Sellers, has interest in us and as well as Jay Hardy. Don't have a subscription to find out the details of that. You hear anything about that?

12. goneagaingator

goneagaingator GC Hall of Fame

Sep 13, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Florida is recruiting at the level Auburn has for years. They aren’t getting the Best Of The Best, but quality athletes. Classes that will usually rank inside the top-10/top-15.

What that looks like on the field is an average of nine or ten wins a year. Every three or four years it comes together: you get an experienced QB, enough talent and experience clicks across the board everywhere else, and you get a little luck with injuries to field a team that should make the playoff - if the schedule is favorable.

To do what the big boys are doing, Florida is going to have to consistently do a better job of getting more of the top instate talent available.

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    "To do what the big boys are doing, Florida is going to have to consistently do a better job of getting more of the top instate talent available"

I agree 100%.
    My particular "wish" for recruiting:

1) Hit ten of the top 25 - 30 in Florida
    2) Recruit 17 from "In State"
    3) Always get 3 - 4 out of South / Central Georgia
    4) Cherry pick the rest from the rest of the country

The key - being to dominate State of Florida again.

keep Clemson, Bama, Ohio State at bay. - These freakin programs are taking 5 - 6 of the top 20 In State every year it seems like.

I know recruiting isn't a "math" formula but UF has to dominate the state again or we go nowhere.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. GameTime1

GameTime1 All American

Jul 27, 2015
    to do what the big boys are doing, Florida is going to need to hire some recruiters or bagmen.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    We're ranked 9th with only 18 pledges and this is the class I consider Mullen's FIRST TRUE recruiting cycle. Yes we have missed on a few but considering how I felt in April and how things are now, i'm definitely feeling confident in where we will end up at and who we'll end up with.

Starting in 2021 though, we definitely need to be in the top 5. Lock up CDR and flip Collins from UM (which REALLY seems like it may happen) and recruit recruit recruit

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    I believe that things will be more stablized now with the off the field/recruiting staff being shored up. Otis being dismissed threw things into a bit of a flux for a second but with the few recent off the field staff hires and the ones that'll be announced in the near future, know that recruiting will be more precise and productive.

With THAT being said, I wouldn't bat an eye if Ron English was eventually replaced. He seems to be the weak link imo

17. antny

antny GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    Same thing

18. phideltdj

phideltdj GC Hall of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    Agree...it's pay to win as there are just not that many Tebow's out there that have the talent level you need to win championships that don't want the perks. NCAA is scham with compliance so the dirty schools have even become more rampant with the cheating so you better get on board or keep watching other programs hoist trophies.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. antny

antny GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    I know schools were filthy in the past as well. The difference now seems with all the transparency the NCAA tacitly admits through inaction that they won't do anything to their cashcows.

Can you imagine any of the powers getting the stiff penalties we had levied on us in the 80s through Spurriers first year here? Yeah me either

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017

• Like Like x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1