Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Thoughts on Chromebook?

Discussion in 'Gator Bytes' started by WhattaGator, Jan 27, 2019.

1. TailGator2020

TailGator2020 "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)...

Anyone have thoughts, plus or minus, about Chromebooks?

2. gatorbite00

gatorbite00 Sophomore

Feb 2, 2019
    Port Orange
    I have a acer C7 I think it is. It's a Lap Top. Not Big. Have not used it in a Few Years because I got a new Desk Top. But I do Love it because it is Fast. I mean Like Real Fast. I am going for a Trip up north in July and I am taking it with me.

3. TailGator2020

TailGator2020 "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)...

Umm...OK..

But I wasn't asking merely if you owned one... I was asking about plusses or minuses about them, like comparability, programs , etc.

4. LakeGator

LakeGator Mostly Harmless Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Tampa
    The biggest plusses for a Chromebook are lower price, faster boot time, longer battery and simplicity. The disadvantages are the need for always being on the network to do anything and being limited to the applications available through the browser. I have never used one, but my understanding is that there are no local applications as everything runs through the Chrome browser. I have no idea whether the applications available are significantly less than on a traditional laptop. There is no local storage which is both a plus and minus, depending on your needs at the time.

5. fredsanford

fredsanford GC Hall of Fame

Dec 1, 2008
    I love mine, but I wouldn’t suggest it unless you are a Google/Gmail user. Definitely not if your primary computer usage isn’t online.

• Informative Informative x 1