Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Thoughts on Bo Nix...

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by noones_90, Oct 5, 2019.

1. grouchygator

grouchygator Get Off My Lawn Premium Member

Jan 6, 2019
    if he beats UGA, he will be my POY.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Bushmaster

Bushmaster GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    If you look at his infamous throw against Oregon, you will see it was a couple yards short of the goal line. If Oregon could tackle, it would have been game over and ruled another freshman mistake.

3. gatorcaiman

gatorcaiman GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    never? I think Clemson answered that last season.

4. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Looks good when he's at home and playing with a 21 point lead against a bad team.

He'll be a good QB though.

5. robertgator

robertgator All American

Apr 3, 2007
    Did they try to run much in the first half? Guess I could look at the stats but seemed they didn’t keep at it much.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Gator72211

Gator72211 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 10, 2015
    Bo will be fine. He will go through some growing pains. To expect a true freshman to come to the Swamp when it’s on full Swamp mode and not get rattled is a bit much. It’s a bowl and holds the sound in. There’s 90’000 Gator fans sitting right on top of you breathing down your your neck. It’s not a good situation to hang your hopes on a true freshman QB.
    I know some may ask what about Trevor Lawrence? Trevor never had an environment like the Swamp at full tilt that he was thrust into so early in his career. Maybe he handles it better, maybe not.
    One thing is for sure and that is the Swamp was back and at full tilt. When the Gators are balling and the Swamp is packed there is no place like it. It’s not an enviable task for any QB let alone a true freshman.

7. eightiesgator

eightiesgator Junior

Oct 16, 2017
    I remember a true freshman of ours who handed Nick Saban his only loss at Red Stick, and followed that feat by beating the 11-win Dawgs in Jax. Bo hasn't approached that accomplishment...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    Every Auburn player I spoke to after the game said that they felt that Nix played like the true freshman he is, and, his play was truly the difference in the game. Not my words... theirs.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. gatorcaiman

gatorcaiman GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    until further notice his name has been changed to Bo Pix. I am somewhat surprised we didn't see Joey Gatewood. I am hearing that Gatewood will definitely enter the transfer portal.....when is the only question.

10. GCNumber7

GCNumber7 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Media creation.

11. phideltdj

phideltdj GC Hall of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    He probably will be better next year but his offensive line next year won't as they are all seniors...I'm thinking he will be running for his life quite a bit next year.

12. Distant Gator

Distant Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Upstate, SC
    Kerwin took a RS year before he started for us, if I recall.

But I still wonder if Auburn's lack of run game was why Nix looked so bad.
    AU averaged 250+ ypg rushing before our game.
    They only had 124 Saturday- and 15 of that was the meaningless last play of the game.

So this was a staple of theirs- and our DL took it away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. sovietgator

sovietgator Lighten up Jan Brady (Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!!)

Apr 3, 2007
    Down On Da' Bayou
    Chris Leak was a frosh QB in 2003 and went into Death Valley and beat Nick Saban (Muschamp was DC) and the eventual national champion LSU Tigers by a score of 19-7. That was LSU's only loss of the season. Nix is nowhere near that, as are most frosh QB's in the SEC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. reaves2alvarez

reaves2alvarez Senior

Nov 29, 2016
    We made him look like what he is - an 18 year old true freshman. No one else had done that yet. Kudos to our players and coaches. Bo clearly got confused several times and the crowd obviously got to him.

But he has the skills and mentality to be great. Tebow loves him too. I’m just glad we won’t see him again unless it is the SECÇ. Dude has a great future.

“Wes Chandler was Percy Harvin before Percy Harvin was born.”

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Alpharetta, GA
    I think Malzahn put him in a tough position. On the road, in a hostile environment against a strong aggressive defense, I think he should have made more play call adjustments when it was apparent Nix was rattled. They really didn't seem to have an alternative game plan or make any real adjustments of offense.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. G8tr69

G8tr69 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Sarasota, FL
    He was Awesome on Saturday in the Swamp.............................
    For the Mighty Gators! He made some beautiful throws to US!
    :);):D

• Funny Funny x 1