Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

This will not end well - Yale U.

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorFanCF, Apr 21, 2024.

1. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF Premium Member

Apr 14, 2007
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. higator85

higator85 All American

May 20, 2020
    • Dislike Dislike x 8
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 6
  3. GatorFanCF

Apr 14, 2007
    she’s a journalist for the school paper. I suppose she could stay in her dorm and read what’s happening outside on Reddit. Additionally she’s Jewish;so, doubly dumb for her to do what she’s studying to do, right? Soon, we can see “Jew free zones” popping up because you wouldn’t want bad situational awareness in case a pro-Palestinian rally arises. Let’s have Jewish dorms, Black dorms, Hamas dorms- because diversity is our highest value. :rolleyes:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. higator85

higator85 All American

May 20, 2020
    I”m sorry are you saying she’s dumb because she’s Jewish? Is her poor situation awareness a trait? Why do you want Jew free zones?

This is pretty disgusting. Be better.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  5. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    This has to be one of the worst posts in the history of this board.
    And that’s saying something.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. higator85

higator85 All American

May 20, 2020
    Wut? woman gets inadvertently poked in the in in a crowd of people protesting and I’m supposed to be outraged? I heard some had the pir feet stepped on as well.

oh excuse me I forget I was speaking to the party of “no personal responsibility”.

SAD!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. GatorFanCF

Apr 14, 2007
    Don’t be sorry. Be better. My post was taking your point blaming the victim to its ridiculous end.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  8. higator85

higator85 All American

May 20, 2020
    Wow you did an embarrassingly bad job of trying to do that. Be better

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You are speaking to someone who despises Trump and would vote for a rotting vegetable over him. Look through my history here, calling me a Republican is pretty funny.
    And she was there as a reporter, got surrounded, verbally harassed, and then poked in the eye with a flag.
    Your response was an akin to “black people should stay out of white neighborhoods so they aren’t attacked”. It was as facile as it was insulting.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  10. higator85

higator85 All American

May 20, 2020
    That's nonsense. She got poked in the eye at protest. Nothing to suggest it as an act of malice. I got shoulder check in a crowd at a lightning game the other day. Not a big deal.
    She's not a victim. At least not with this set of facts.

Be better!

• Come On Man Come On Man x 4
  11. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    A friend mine is at Yale. He was on campus today. He wasn't bothered by any of the protests and said it was no big deal. Sounds to me like the person here (a right-winger) was trying to film protesters, some people tried to obstruct her view, and somebody inadvertently poked her in the eye while waving a Palestinian flag in her face. Not a big deal.

If the person intentionally poked her in the eye, they should be punished for it. Beyond that, I'm not seeing anything to get wound up over. It's sad that some folks are more bothered by some ignorant college kids at fancy institutions than people who have actual power (like the shitty politicians who advocated for genocide against the Palestinians).

P.S. The Yale Daily News, not the Yale Free Press, is the "official" student newspaper.

• Winner Winner x 2
  12. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    what’s nonsense, and what I was responding to was this:
    “If you don’t want to be poled in the eye don’t got places people are waving things around.”

that is the ultimate in victim blaming. She did nothing wrong, other than show up to report on a protest. If that had happened to a black person at a white power rally you would understandably and rightfully be taking the exact opposite side, which is what makes it so silly.

and this whole “be better” garbage to anyone who disagrees with you is an attempt to be condescending without merit.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  13. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Wow now you double down with that ridiculous comparison.

BTW Oragator is in no way a MAGA or a Pub.

Keep painting those broad stripes.

• Winner Winner x 2
  14. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Meanwhile, at Columbia…

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. GatorFanCF

Apr 14, 2007
    Per this link, and another story in the WSJ, the bigger story is how the inmates are running the asylum.

The protests are blocking some campus buildings, which is against Yale rules and code of conduct. Yale administrators have called for the protesters to stop. No dice. Yale has given them a “red line” on when they had to leave. No go. Who is in charge? Obviously not the Yale administration. When I say this “will end badly” I don’t mean one incident when a student is injured- I mean the spate of anti-American protests around campuses and the weak kneed administrators who do nothing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. slayerxing

slayerxing GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2007
    Protests of these kind at Ivy League campuses especially seem so out of touch to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    So you don't think the administration at Yale has the power to end the Israel/Palestinian conflict?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  18. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. higator85

higator85 All American

May 20, 2020
    Ah so you’re objecting to something you imagined I said or insinuated. In the meantime you agree that there’s actually nothing in this story that suggests her eye poking was anything other than an accident.

I must be better!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2020

Is there a reliable news report indicating the woman was not “stabbed in the eye”?

Was her entire story fabricated?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1