Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

This was just hideous

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by akaGatorhoops, Dec 7, 2019.

1. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops VIP Member GC Columnist

Apr 10, 2007
    This was an absolutely shameful performance, from the coaches down.
    It was indefensible.
    I know some prefer to post.... to vent... after this kinda garbage. Not me. That makes me infinitely more annoyed.
    I may be conspicuously absent until there is something I enjoy watching and talking about.
    This wasn’t it.

• Agree Agree x 31
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. GatorChoice

GatorChoice GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    It could definitely be worse but I agree. The season has been very uninspiring so far to say the least.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. GatorKP

GatorKP All American

Jul 30, 2011
    Much respect to you. I know you’ve defended CMW in the past, and I’ve respected that, but gotta give props to you for realizing that he is not getting it done so far this season. We all hope he turns it around, but I’m very concerned with how this season has started.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  4. 108

108 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    NYC
    Starting to believe MW just isn’t the man for the job. The standard here is can you win a NC, and while I am not completely sold that he can’t, I also don’t want to wait 10 years to find out either.

I blame Foley more than anyone for hiring an unproven coach to learn on the job after Billy took us to the heights that he did.

• Agree Agree x 8
  5. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    I've always been in White's corner even though I have never liked the DDO. But this was terrible coaching today. Blackshear floating around the three pt line all game. Going to the 1-3-1 when clearly it wasn't working. Parking Lewis and Johnson in the corner all game on offense and not utilizing their athleticism. Ineffective motion on offense. Terrible help defense.

Just an all around shit performance.

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. radigator

radigator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I post rarely on these boards.
    The coaching or lack of for this team is mind boggling. The players have no idea what they are doing out there and I doubt this was the case when they were rated so highly.
    Contrast how our football team does more with less to our basketball team that does less with more.
    Time for a change.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. bgator85

bgator85 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Sarasota
    So incredibly disappointing. A running theme for this season. Was really not expecting to have the head coach discussion this year as I’m a White fan, but that’s the way this is trending.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  8. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Tough deal today for sure AKA ..... ugh

9. diamondted13

diamondted13 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 1, 2008
    You're doing great...but keep going. There's plenty more.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  10. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Me in the game thread:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  11. 33hoop

33hoop VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Lexington, KY
    Some will say not to jump to conclusions that this was just a bad game. But we have been seeing this poor offense for more than a while now, it isn’t gonna turn around. This is coaching. Call it what it is.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. gogators73

gogators73 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 30, 2007
    St. Petersburg, FL
    About as bad of a start as you could have for this talent level.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops VIP Member GC Columnist

Apr 10, 2007
    Just to clarify.... i still fully support White, despite this abomination. He has his flaws, but I think he will be a success here, and I think this particular team will be a success. But this was garbage... every aspect of it. I actually turned it off.
    It was unwatchable, and for me... “un-postable”.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Right on Choice. Kinda reminds me of senior year....so many hopes but leadership sort of...well....you know didn’t really produce lots of inspiring moments. Obviously HS and college so different but still similarities. So many team hopes and did ok but not a 25 win season and make final 4. But right now it’s just a Maroge and hope this Gator team gets it together but I see some similarities.

15. diamondted13

diamondted13 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 1, 2008
    Great news is no game for 9 days. So this negativity will only fester.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. gogators73

gogators73 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 30, 2007
    St. Petersburg, FL
    I don’t see much to think this will be a successful team. Maybe an 8 or 9 seed at best. Hard not believe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    They played better than they did against Marshall. This is not a one game issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. antny1

antny1 GC Legend

Dec 3, 2019
    At what point do you accept there ia a fundamental problem with the coaching and stop expecting something to suddenly change though? Year in and year out we see the same offensive droughts. I gave White a pass because I thought he had horrid injury luck and did a great job to salvage seasons that suffered personnel loss after personell loss. There isn't any excuse for this year and we actually look worse somehow

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. happygatorguy

happygatorguy Junior

Apr 17, 2007
    I will continue to watch every game. That's what fans do. But I feel like a Cleveland Browns fan. I mean you really have to be a fan.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. toddrl

toddrl GC Hall of Fame

Jan 22, 2019
    Apathy is now setting in for me. I've seen enough to know that while it may take 2-3 more seasons because Stricklin likes White so much and by all accounts White is a fantastic person, he is likely going to get let go by Stricklin. Recruiting has already trailed off (none of our 2 HS commits are in the updated ESPN top 100 for 20 class) and despite White continuing to say it's on him, he has to coach better etc, nothing changes. It's all empty words. Our roster is being completely and criminally misused and mismanaged. Everyone, including the announcers every game, sees it. But nothing changes.

• Agree Agree x 5