Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

This Picture Sums It Up Pretty Well… Transgender Wrestler Taking Testosterone Injections Wins 2nd Te

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by flgator2, Jan 7, 2019.

1. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    If you're so dedicated to your business or career that your willing to change your gender in order for it to succeed you're probably a better bet than most. I'm going to go out on a limb though and predict that the number of people who would change their gender to advance their career is incredibly small.

It's sort of like this story. I sincerely doubt this person is changing their gender so they can win a couple Texas high school wrestling championships. It worked out that way, but they probably would have changed their gender regardless. For every advantage you might gain by changing your gender, there's probably 100 disadvantages. It wouldn't be a smart investment in yourself if you really didn't want that change for personal reasons.

• Like Like x 2
  2. docspor

docspor GC Legend

Nov 30, 2010
    I don't think he is talking about people changing their gender.

3. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    You've clearly never seen Juwanna Mann. It's a fascinating documentary. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    I did see Tootsie though.

5. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Actually more a case of blue state residents deferring to medical professionals while red state residents defer to conservative religious leaders. From the American Academy of Pediatrics
    AAP Policy Statement Urges Support and Care of Transgender and Gender-Diverse Children and Adolescents

6. MaceoP

MaceoP GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    The wrestler was going through a change. That's much different then self identification as the standard. You say "willing to change your gender". My point on this is what does it mean to change your gender. Is gender change a process, like the NCAA requires, or is gender change 'self identification'.

7. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    For the purposes of sports, definitely the former. I don't really have a problem not letting men who transition to women compete in sports. I don't think it's particularly fair and I don't think this situation was particularly fair either, but you can thank Texas for that.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019 at 6:16 PM
  8. studegator

studegator Sophomore

Feb 24, 2008