Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

This Picture Sums It Up Pretty Well… Transgender Wrestler Taking Testosterone Injections Wins 2nd Te

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by flgator2, Jan 7, 2019.

1. flgator2

flgator2 GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    This Picture Sums It Up Pretty Well... Transgender Wrestler Taking Testosterone Injections Wins 2nd Texas 'Girls' State Wrestling Title

For the second year in a row, a transgender wrestler has won the Texas girls’ Class 6A 110-pound division.

Mack Beggs, an 18-year-old senior from Euless Trinity High School near Dallas, entered the tournament in Cypress outside of Houston with an undefeated record. He beat Chelsea Sanchez — whom he beat for the title in 2017- in the final match Saturday.

Video posted online showed a mix of cheers and boos from the crowd following Beggs‘ win.

Beggs is in the process of transitioning from female to male and taking a low-dose of testosterone.

Mack Beggs won the title last year too.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    This thread has no topic. It’s just spam news.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. gator10010

gator10010 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 23, 2008
    This should be interesting to see who defends this.

Athletes shouldn't be allowed to compete if they are taking testosterone. This individual should be disqualified on those grounds alone regardless of what gender this individual is.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    She/He is either one BUTT Ugly woman, or is taking a bit more than low dose testosterone!

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The individual should be wrestling against male wrestlers not female wrestlers and if his/her serum testosterone levels are within the norms for teenage males that shouldn't be an issue. If the testosterone level exceeds the normal range the individual shouldn't be allowed to compete.

Question: Should be a normal male athlete be allowed to compete if he is taking testosterone as the result of a medical condition and his blood levels are within the normal range?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 Premium Member

Oct 11, 2011
    "The individual should be wrestling against male wrestlers not female wrestlers"

Agreed.

This is just so far down my list of important issues in this country - I do find it humorous that this happened in TX though. I bet the crowd was all sorts of bent out of shape.

7. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    I guess I would split the difference and say that technology has made the concept of a true competitive event sort of obsolete. I remember years ago when the European olympics teams won many of the winter events because their equipment was inherently superior. Steroids and now testosterone kind of makes "fair" a quaint notion.

I prefer to shrug and not idolize sports stars, even though I like to root for my teams. If they choose to cheat to get a leg up on the competition it says more about the mental makeup of the person than how many trophies they have acquired. I pity them.

8. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    This guy/gal whatever should watch the 30 for 30 on Lyle Alzado called “Three Mile”.

It si very insightful into the psychy of Alzado. Here was one of the toughest men in the NFL who boxed Muhammad Ali and not only didn’t embarrass himself but held his own for much much longer than anyone expected. His siblings, childhood friends , and teammates loved him but he was so insecure from a bad childhood with an abusive father that he felt that he had to do steroids to be great so people would like him.

The jury is still out on the long term implications of hormone treatments that are potent enough to change sex characteristics. I’m not a betting man, but if I were I would lay good money down that there will be bad implications for many transgenders down the road.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    A little more detail than you're going to get from Gateway Pundit. Beggs wants to compete in the boys' division, but league laws require him to compete against girls because that was his gender at birth.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...te-girls-championship/?utm_term=.8c3f5dd271ef

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I saw the 30 for 30 piece on Lyle Alzado. My guess is that before even taking the steroids his testosterone level was probably within the high end of the normal range and that once he started injecting the anabolic steroids he was taking very high doses without any medical supervision. Not analogous to Beggs at all.

11. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 9, 2009
    Must be a fan of Andy Kaufman.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  13. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007

Suicide rates are already noticeably inordinately high among trannies who take the plunge.

For some reason, doesnt get much play.

Hmmmm...wonder why...

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  14. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 Premium Member

Oct 11, 2011
    What is the appropriate amount of play?

15. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Reminds me of the East German Women's Swim Teams of the 1970's

TransGriot: Olympic Gender Drama-The 1976 East German Swim Team

"That doping program not only robbed people like Babashoff, Canada's Nancy Garapicki and countless others of medals they should have earned, it also had devastating consequences for the young East German women themselves.

Their developing female bodies were given steroid cocktails and their health was sacrificed in the name of winning medals and enhancing the international sporting prestige of the DDR for propaganda purposes."

I don't know if the wrestler here was just trying to gain a competitive advantage or she was really trying to make the transition. In either case, it would seem that the steriod regimen would help her out. I feel (and it's just my opinion) is that if she is truly transgender, she should not be competing in a sport like wrestling. There are other sports out there she can compete in. It's not like she can get 1st round draft pick money from it.

16. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Seems quite unfair to bar her from wrestling due to her being transgender. The best fix is to let her wrestle the guys, but conservatives don't want that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. gatorknights

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Agreed, I guess it would depend on the rules of the sport. If there is no rule/law against it, she should be able to compete with the females in wrestling, although I would venture to say it gives her an unfair advantage. Wrestling was my sport in HS and first year of college, and roids (although I had never heard of them at the time) would most certainly give someone a physical advantage over a non-roider. My HS coach was in the 1976 Montreal Olympics, and placed 6th in Greco-Roman. He would bring some of his teammates to our practices and these guys were simply not human. They literally felt like they were made of concrete and quick as a cat. They were nice enough not to crush we HS kids, but the physical difference had to be more than just age and conditioning.

18. grumpygator77

grumpygator77 Senior

Nov 26, 2017
    The difference in my mind is that the female swimmers were competing against other female swimmers. This person and these type of transgender issues are a little more complicated since in this case the girl wants to transition to a boy and wrestle boys. I don't have an answer for how this all shakes out, but it is complicated to say the least.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. gatorknights

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    I missed the part where he wanted to wrestle in the boys division. I agree that would complicate things a bit.

20. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    It wasn't in the Gateway Pundit story, which is not surprising. The goal there is not to inform, but to build outrage.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1