Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Father's Day is coming.... Give your Dad a gift he’ll appreciate all year long and save up to $20!

This year, for a limited time and in limited quantities, you can take advantage of our Father's Day Special package and get a discount on top of it. This special won't be around long, so here's how to jump on it now -- click here for details!

Things to Argue About During the Offseason

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by thatguy, Apr 19, 2021.

1. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 27, 2015
    Why? It leaves tremendous gaps in the field for the hitters to take advantage of

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Bigger is better, correct? New has a buzz, status quo is...boring.

3. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Are we going to lose the recruiting battle because we didn't build the newest Taj Mahal?

Personally, I think beer sales can go a LONG ways to getting fannies back in the seats and squeezed together. I just can't see a scenario where all the stadium seats are removed and replaced by chairs. The distance between the rows is too narrow.

How about sun shades?

• Like Like x 1
  4. GameTime1

Jul 27, 2015
    I dont believe the stadium affects recruiting. The people in it standing and yelling is all it needs for recruiting purposes imo.
    Beer sales sound great. But it's gonna be overpriced and complicated with today's standards, so I think it will be more trouble than it's worth. But I love the concept.
    Some kind of shading might be nice, not sure how feasible though

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. ajjaxgator

ajjaxgator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 3, 2007
    Duval
    OR how bad is our band.
    Apologies to any former members, but we aren't good.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  6. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    We attended the last Miami game here in Orlando. That will hold me over with Miami for another couple of decades. Really bad experience.

7. gatorcloud

gatorcloud GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    The correlation with that last part is simply remarkable

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. justinwitt07

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Because it screws with my eyes and the way I perceive balls off the bat. A rocket off the bat to specific places on the field that have been hits for 150 years is now right at a fielder. Your taught from the moment u first pick up a bat to shoot the ball right back up the middle where it came from first and foremost. Everything else works off of that. It bugs the piss outta me

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    To me, that's really a Seminole thing, not a Gator thing. Do we want to beat them and dominate the state during years that we play them both? Yes, we do. But, I hope we'll never go out and commision silly rings for winning two games.

11. GameTime1

Jul 27, 2015
    100% agree on the rings.

12. GameTime1

Jul 27, 2015
    But would you consider it smart baseball?

13. justinwitt07

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    I think they should make it illegal the same way basketball did with certain defenses

it’s helping to cause the 3 outcome game. Dudes don’t worry about goin other way bec the org tells them to go for the downs. It’s just bad baseball

the 3 in basketball is the same thing. Sure it’s worth more etc etc but it’s not the way the game was intended to be played and you remove some of the beauty and movement of both sports by doing those things in the abominable way they’re being done

14. GameTime1

Jul 27, 2015
    Bad baseball by the organization? I don't see how the shift leads to 3 outcomes. The organization pushes it, but not the shift, right?

I think the 3 in basketball is a little extreme take, but I understand what you are getting at.

15. tigator2019

tigator2019 GC Legend

Dec 25, 2018
    In my head--- UF
    Ridiculous ads during play stoppage have to be limited. UAA is whoring itself out

Beer. Sell it. Make it $10 and stick me in a corral for 5 minutes I’ll chug.

No more noon games ever

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I feel ya. Not a fan of the forward pass, it has really changed the game of football making it virtually unrecognizable.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. malscott

malscott Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    West Hills, Ca
    1. Freshman and Sophomores should be required to attend all games (without a cell phone) and scream until you can't talk for at least three days.
    2. We should play Miami more irregularly-and win
    3. We should always play Fla State
    4. We should get some five star guys more often
    5. There should be flyovers for all games
    6. We should get a better jumbo tron. Other school have Ultra HD ones
    7. Release Gators on to the field...in a mote surrounding the perimeter
    Just had my double espresso. ramping up!

Go Gators

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  18. justinwitt07

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Swing and a miss Wes. Next thing you’ll tell me is these dudes are just in having a shit 2 strike approach. Baseball is by far my favorite sport but there’s a lot of bad baseball now a days....which is made all the more frustrating because of the amount of innate ability these guys have nowadays, so talented and capable but Bad baseball is bad baseball.

19. garettk

garettk GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2008
    It was three or four years ago that MLB had a first: more strikeouts on a season than hits.

20. justinwitt07

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    It’s up to 38% of all at bats end up in a k, walk or homer. It’s not the way the game was intended to be played. The shifting and the dudes getting the ok from the organization to swing for the fences every time are the main culprits. Hitting behind runners , fly balls with men in scoring position and simply putting the ball in play is still good baseball that wins in the post season. My biggest aggravation is the 2 strike approach , even beyond the shifting

Derosa said something the other day that made a ton of sense. He said it used to be 2 for me and 1 for the team. Meaning you could get ur hacks off for the first 2 strikes and go for it but when you got to 2 strikes u had to sacrifice for the team and at least put the ball in play. Good things happen when the ball is in play. And the dude that says an out is an out and a strikeout is no different is a damn idiot. It’s just not accurate