Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Things that Need to Happen This Summer / 5 Gators Ready for Breakout Seasons

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by mulegator, May 27, 2018.

1. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

loved the Rat!

got chased out of there one night with a Michelob pitcher that I just had to have. Kept it for years - was very proud of that pitcher

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. markherm13

markherm13 Sophomore

Sep 22, 2014
    The point made in the article about how the drama surrounding the team and how it may have effected players that weren't suspended and their potential break out season was a very valid point.
    Now, with proper training, coaching and what seems like a more positive environment, I am excited to see how much players improved from last year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Yay Rat!! I was there pretty much every Thursday night for two years. Some of my frat brothers worked there, so beer was free.

4. mulegator

mulegator Neanderthal Ninja Vigilante Moderator VIP Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Tallahassee
  5. mulegator

mulegator Neanderthal Ninja Vigilante Moderator VIP Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Tallahassee
    Football
    Yo

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Good read - thanks Mule.

OL and QB.......we have the rest

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  7. Our best option is to stick with Feleipe Franks. Coach him up. I'm amazed how many discount what this guy is likely to do. Not me. You watch this pass on the opening drive against Michigan:

Wowza. So we know he can drop a pass in over the defense; we know he can toss an absolute bomb for a touchdown; we know he can make a long run on a scramble. Most teams would salivate to have a QB who could do all three.

Coach that guy up, man, in an offense that makes sense and isn't depleted of its leaders. Michigan overwhelmed our offensive line all day last year. All damn day! That was a disaster situation for a first-start QB. Add in the fact that Mac's staff had an awful gameplan, couldn't apparently modify the plan, and appeared to freakout and flail with poor decision after poor decision throughout the game. I still can't get over how shocked I was at what I saw.

In his second year as starter, all Feleipe has to do is gain control of *this* simplified reading scheme, sync it up (read-react-throw), toss in some occasional runs when the D doesn't account for him . . . and we could have a truly special year.

I think Dan Mullen knows this but . . . Feleipe has a world of doubters (that he has admittedly earned) and he will have to prove it on the field. So be it. But . . . I'm getting really, really excited to see this new edition of Gators.

• Like Like x 3
  8. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    Heggie is tweeting he is cleared. If he has time to work back to strength, we are immensely improved for the fall at OG and C.

• Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. thale410

thale410 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Tough to overvalue this news, as he's a necessity if we have a chance at more than what we've seen from the OL throughout our time in offensive offense purgatory. Thanks for the heads up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    Malik Davis has tweeted an allcleared as well. I am much more skeptical of what that means with a RB in comparison to an OL.

11. themistocles

themistocles VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Temple Terrace, FL
    You might recall that Malik Davis worked with the team throughout the spring, merely in a non-contact jersey.

Not at all surprising that 2 months later he is fully cleared given how quickly he recovered to practice in Spring.

12. urbangirl

urbangirl VIP Member

Oct 15, 2007
    Forever!