Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

The World needs to hold China accountable

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by defensewinschampionships, Apr 1, 2020.

1. boligator

boligator All American

Apr 3, 2007
    You are right amigo...in the dear leader's own words...we have 15...it will go down to zero...a miracle will happen...he's a FAKE president and a LIAR....

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. boligator

boligator All American

Apr 3, 2007
    And yes...the chinese wet markets were the source...just like SARS...punish them...I don't know but we really need to pressure them to shut down this sh&t...enough is enough...mother nature is fighting back so we have to be vigilent...if not...bye bye homo sapiens...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. gatorpika

gatorpika Premium Member

Sep 14, 2008
    Maybe we should build a wall around China to keep them in? Oh wait, they did that already and it didn't work.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. cluckugator

cluckugator VIP Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Say what? I’ve trusted China’s numbers for the last few months as much as I trust Putin saying he didn’t interfere in our last Presidential election.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. dingyibvs

dingyibvs Premium Member

Apr 8, 2007
    I think it's also interesting that the paper is not convinced that it made a direct animal-to-human, but postulated that it could also have jumped to humans for quite a while before evolving into something that could cause a pandemic. This would actually mean that the wet market at Wuhan may not be the origin, but simply the first epicenter of this virus. Fascinating stuff.

On a separate note, I don't trust China's numbers at all. Besides my strong suspicion of an intentional cover-up, it's also logistically impossible for them to have accurate numbers. They were the first country to be hit, test kits had to be developed de novo, and hospitals were packed full. People were dropping like flies not even able to get a hospital bed, so there's no way they could've possibly accurately counted COVID related deaths even if they wanted to.

With that said, I do trust their latest numbers to an extent. It's not just because there are international observers from CDC, WHO, etc. on the ground now, but when there's a trust deficit I tend to pay attention to actions. The fact that they're starting to open back up and is exporting medical supplies massively suggest to me that their numbers are pretty low now. This is a virus that's overwhelmed many much more advanced healthcare systems, so IMO at least there's no way they'd open up if there's still a high prevalence of the disease.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Here it is, a 60 Minutes Australia piece:

7. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    No, we have a fake congress....the President is on the job working hard doing his job, where the hell is congress?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    I'm sure they're working on the next impeachment.

Nancy took a week off to try and stuff as much pork as she could into the aid bill, but I'm sure there is another impeachment in the works.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    I didn't need coronavirus to convince me to buy as little as possible "Made in China" goods. Mexico too! I decided back in the recession in 09 that I would buy American whenever possible or from an ally.

They are the masters of IP theft and of producing counterfeit goods, and I'm not just talking about fake designer goods.

It is often much more work and almost always more expensive, but well worth it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. It will not happen overnight (absent a major smoking gun surfacing that proves their culpability beyond all doubt) but steps should be taken YESTERDAY to separate our economy from theirs on ALL levels. We should never again be dependent on someone else's economy when their people at best eat bats and at worst are BIOTERRORISTS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. LET US HOPE.

• Like Like x 1
  12. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    What does that have to do with C-19?

13. HallGator

HallGator Senile Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    More to do with China and potential overall risks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Yes, you're crazy to think they bio-engineered it.

15. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Not the time for that. When this is all over, then we can talk about it. Right now, we need everyone.

16. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    But Hall, it has nothing to do with THIS risk. Until we have some indication that there was a deliberate intent to spread C-19 to the U.S. or elsewhere, this is unrelated.

17. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Donald Trump bungled this badly and continues to bungle it. If this is him "working hard doing his job," he should resign and hand the reins over to Pence.

They're now estimating we'll lose more lives from this virus than we did in Vietnam or WWI (or possibly both combined). If that comes to pass, he deserves to be impeached again, especially if he had the intelligence he seems to have had.

Don't people in Alabama eat snakes and roadkill?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. HallGator

HallGator Senile Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    Well my friend, then just ignore the post. It's not like it's a big thing with all the other stuff being discussed.

19. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Trump's "When you have 15 people and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero." quote is going to go down in history as one of the stupidest, most ill-advised comments ever uttered by a US President.

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    Total Bull Shit, were all of Trumps decisions 100% correct? No but be honest with yourself he has been on top of this. Hindsight is always 20/20.

I'm not going to argue the numbers with you but we have no idea what the final numbers will be or the accuracy of the figures to this point extrapolated out months or years.

I wont argue the roadkill thing, if a deer is hit I imagine it gets eaten but to suggest there are people all over Alabama driving around looking for dead armadillos on the highway is going a little overboard.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3