Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

The World needs to hold China accountable

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by defensewinschampionships, Apr 1, 2020.

1. defensewinschampionships

defensewinschampionships GC Hall of Fame

Sep 16, 2018
    China at best covered up the spread of a highly problematic virus. At worst they bio-engineered it and when it got out they covered it up.

Isn't bioterrorism covered under the World Court?

Am I crazy on this?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. RIP

RIP VIP Member

Feb 2, 2015
    I don't think they need to be punished (I don't even know what you could do that wouldn't just blowback on us) but the world does need to unite to put pressure on them to completely get rid of all wet markets, Chinese Traditional "medicine" be damned.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 5
  3. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    Not just the chinese, WHO is complicit.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. wgbgator

wgbgator Tiny "Boop Squig" Shorterly Premium Member

Unless there's some real proof, yes

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015
    I’m mad as hell and I ain’t taking it any more.

From this day on, no more Chinese food for me.

• Funny Funny x 9
  6. CharlestonGator

CharlestonGator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    No more Pu Pu Platter for U!

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. CharlestonGator

Apr 3, 2007
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. HallGator

HallGator Senile Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    Suspected SARS virus and flu samples found in luggage: FBI report describes China's 'biosecurity risk'

WASHINGTON — In late November 2018, just over a year before the first coronavirus case was identified in Wuhan, China, U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents at Detroit Metro Airport stopped a Chinese biologist with three vials labeled “Antibodies” in his luggage.

The biologist told the agents that a colleague in China had asked him to deliver the vials to a researcher at a U.S. institute. After examining the vials, however, customs agents came to an alarming conclusion.

“Inspection of the writing on the vials and the stated recipient led inspection personnel to believe the materials contained within the vials may be viable Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) materials,” says an unclassified FBI tactical intelligence report obtained by Yahoo News.

Suspected SARS virus and flu samples found in luggage: FBI report describes China's 'biosecurity risk'

• Informative Informative x 4
  9. CharlestonGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Apparently they have opened some back up already....

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. wgbgator

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  11. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
    All sarcasm set aside, what exactly would you propose. The world economy has been so globalized through the decades, we cannot live right now without the Chinese and vice-a-versa. Beyond the whole world figuratively "wagging our finger at them" and demanding that they never do this again, what could we do?

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. CharlestonGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Agree that numbers are low "everywhere" due to lack of testing, ppl with no symptoms, etc....but disagree that China's numbers are low just for those reasons. The ± 82,000 number they claim is just laughable.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. PerSeGator

PerSeGator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2014
    China completely locked down Wuhan . . . something that we haven't even come close to doing.

Sure, they downplayed it initially. But so did our president and many on this board (heck, some are still doing it).

Not sure we have any room to take the high ground here.

• Disagree x 4
    • Come On Man x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  14. CharlestonGator

Apr 3, 2007
    I wouldn't be surprised to see the US and NATO countries (Western Europe) change the way they do some business with China going forward (drug manufacturing, etc.... There was an article out the other day in England (Daily Mail perhaps) which speaks to their anger with China. But you are correct, its not like we can just shut them down. What's the old saying...keep your enemies closer...

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    If I can remember where I saw it, I'll post the link. There was an investigative reporter in China looking into the wet markets. Apparently the Chinese government had cracked down somewhat, but many were being run by the Chinese mob and were still in operation. He was taken to one where he was able to film. As an animal lover it was heartbreaking. As a human being it was absolutely horrible. These animals were taken out of their cages, sectioned alive with blood going everywhere. They had bats(!), large pythons, pangolins and small, wild feline animals. People were standing in the blood wearing sandals. It's no wonder this virus made the jump.

I don't know how big the mob is in China, but all these places need to go...yesterday....and if it's a war between the Chinese government and the Chinese mob, so be it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  16. RIP

RIP VIP Member

Feb 2, 2015
    I wouldn't be able to stomach watching that. Animal suffering is just something I can't tolerate.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. wgbgator

And its also a little bit laughable that no one questioned the Chinese numbers until we took over as having the most confirmed cases (before then it was proof that this whole thing was overblown). This all seems to be a PR type of thing. Every country has the same motivation to keep their numbers as low as possible. I don't know how anyone could prove their intent is any more nefarious than anyone else's.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. AlfaGator

AlfaGator VIP Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Unintended consequences of this virus:

- China manufacturing will forever be impacted

- USA will pass laws requiring critical goods for national security to always be manufactured here

- CDC, FDA, NIH will be revamped

- Critical US manufacturers will be labeled as "National Defense"

- Globalism is dead as we know it today

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    declare more materials, ie rare earth, pharma basics, etc as national security materials and require that they be manufactured in the US, the increased costs will pale in comparison to what this has cost us. slowly but surely wean ourselves of the dependence

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. CharlestonGator

Apr 3, 2007
    I've felt that way (they were low) way before we passed them. Not a country of their size in a city center like Wuhan (12 M?) and others near it. It wasn't surprising (to me at least) when they didn't allow our scientists to come in early. That's SOP for a communist govt.
    On the numbers....we just disagree here. I don't think the US is keeping its numbers low on purpose and I don't trust the communist party in China. They are horrid to their ppl and have a long history of cover-ups.

• Agree Agree x 6