Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

The Week In Review 5/04/20 - 5/10/

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, May 10, 2020.

1. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    For UF
    The Good: Stewart Reese enrolls at UF Finally. Most peg as a starter. Uf also offers fsu Commit Jake Slaughter and Caleb Johnson and is in good standing with both. The staff Offers Cal OL Noah Pulealii (6-4, 300, Salinas, CA. I've adjusted my projected slots for OL and believe UF will try to sign five if they feel good about them. With about half of the class filled for 21, the staff has handed out offer to 22 and beyond. One name to watch is Valdosa Lowndes QB Jaccuri Brown.

The Bad: Brayshard Smith de-commits from UF. In addition Issaih Walker enters the portal before ever playing a down. Jacorey Brooks chooses Bama over UF after most initially believed Brooks would be a Gator. Some say it isn't over but we will see. The only good you can take out of the debacle is WR is very deep this year and UF has two in the fold and will take at least two more.

The Ugly: UT is killing it. Hate to see it and you can speculate why they might be doing so well. It's not just UF, they are beating out everyone for kids. Katron Evans 4* DT out of St. Francis was on UF's board but at least I never thought he would end up in Gville. UT also gets Evans teammate Aaron Willis on board. UT beat out Bama and others who the two had been considering. In fairness to UF, neither one ever really considered UF and the concern for myself would be if they try to sway Clinton Burton to Toothless Ville.

Synopsis: A little good news and a lot not so good. I know UF is being selective with the remaining slots but Brooks is a big miss. I still believe UF will have a top 10 class but it's looking more and more closer to 10.

What's Next: I believe the staff will try and get one or two guys to announce.

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. swamp_made

swamp_made Freshman

Apr 17, 2020
    My question is are they not allowing certain kids to commit I see a couple of Florida kids with 100% gator lean but nothing for example the WR’s Burke and blackstrain.

I know recruiting and creating depth is the goal but. Hitting on a big time QB solves everything.cant wait and hopefully we have a football season this year

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Montgomery on the 24th could help to get the ball rolling.

Concerned about Burke now as UGA seems very much in the picture.

Reese is huge for this year and not only makes us better immediately but also buys us time for others to continue to be developed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. r0r080

r0r080 Junior

Jul 31, 2019
    I remember watching the GA State championship last year between Lowndes and Marietta. and I could have sworn the QB for Lowndes was a Soph? But I will say he is very good, pro style size, very good arm, and seemed at least in this game to know when to bring the ball down to run as well as run the RPO.......

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. maxgator

maxgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    The ut thing seems very ole Miss ish.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  6. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    Not worried about them AT ALL. My motto is "wait until the games get played"

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. HisDoc

HisDoc GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I'm assuming no news at all on Zach Evans? I know he can't take visits, etc. But has anyone interviewed him in the last two months? Followed his social media? I think he'd be as big of a recruiting win as we've had in a long time.

8. DBCooper

DBCooper GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Hendersonville, NC
    Butch could recruit but got out-coached by teams with good game day staffs. Pruitt has overhauled his staff and T Martin is the biggest addition but not the highest paid. Pruitt’s squad has gone from 7 and 5 to 8 and 4 regular seasons but his only big win was his first - Auburn. Half of his other wins are against teams many SEC fans don’t know play football. UT is “killing” it at a time when that word is typically used with the corona virus instead of football recruiting. Wonder if Fulmer is part of their recent success story?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    Look at the average Player ranking....

2021 Football Team Rankings

• Like Like x 1
  10. LLCoolJ94

LLCoolJ94 GC Hall of Fame

Jake Slaughter: Am I high for NOT putting this into the "good" category? @bvgator789 posted a video of him getting abused like a rag doll by absolutely everyone. Honestly, Frenchie's gf should take a lesson in how to take a whoopin'. Idc how many stars this kid has, or where he is ranked, his tape leaves much, much to be desired. Please someone correct me here.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  11. okcgator

okcgator Senior

Sep 24, 2015
    Dayton
    I would actually feel pretty good if this class closed with Rucker, Reynolds, Burke, and Blackstrain. I wouldn’t be mad if Montgomery filled Smith’s spot either. Sounds like we waiting too long on Burke though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. candymanfromgc

Apr 3, 2007
    he is a 22 kid.

13. candymanfromgc

Apr 3, 2007
    Don't expect him to UF.

• Like Like x 1
  14. zman-1

zman-1 Junior

Mar 5, 2017
    West of the equator
    What happened?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    Not sure. Hopefully the truth comes out

16. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    BlackStrain would get slow played because i think Malcolm and Caleb Johnson are better

And i agree with taking Montgomery over Smith

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. okcgator

okcgator Senior

Sep 24, 2015
    Dayton
    Looks like Blackstrain is committing to GT soon. Do you have concerns with the ability to slow play him if he is committed to another school? GT recruited well in FL last year.

18. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    He's coming off an ACL injury and im ok with him going to GT. I like Burke better but got dammit i want Leary BAAAAAAAAAAAD.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    No concerns with his recruitment at all..he’s a solid Wide Receiver but this is one of the most loaded classes I’ve seen at the position in a while. I doubt UF is really even recruiting the kid to be honest. Mario Williams, Christian Leary, Chris Hilton, Brian Thomas, Marcus Burke, Malcolm Johnson Jr., Caleb Johnson, Charles Montgomery, etc. are all ahead of Blackstrain. It should say something if he’s going to Ga. Tech, no big schools are pushing for his commitment. I think we’ll close just fine at the position..think other positions are more concerning in my opinion (RB, OL, S)

• Like Like x 1