Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

The University Administration is our biggest enemy!

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by twodaparty, Jan 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twodaparty

twodaparty GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Do you see bama, Clemson and Ohio state’s athletic departments meddling in the football program’s operations and making their life harder? NO, you don’t.

I really thought with Foley gone and Stricklin coming in bringing his own guy that we would be able to not be cheap and have the kind of budget for the football program as the other elite programs do. People complain about recruiting but we don’t put our money where other team’s mouths are because we have a significantly smaller budget.

Then even more bothersome than the dollars is the holier than thou attitude the UAA seems to have in terms of thinking we are so much better than other football programs. They are so proud of our academics for example. Newsflash buds, no school’s football players are the ones even close to responsible for the good or bad of the overall university’s academic standing. None of us fans are following the classes the kids take, grades they get, tutoring, etc. Do you really ever sit there and think “Oh golly I wonder how Jacob Copeland is doing in his Marketing course this semester” or “Man, if I only knew how Marco scored on his Shot Put final?”

The UAA thumbs their noses and cares about these types of things more so than giving the program all the resources at their disposal. I guaran-dam-tee you for example we don’t have near the “analysts” and support staff that the Bama’s of the world do.

We finally have a coach who actually knows what he is doing from an X’s and O’s standpoint and the UAA cares more about what everyone outside of Gator Nation thinks about our program more than they care about actually helping us win.

I wish the biggest dollar boosters would force changes in the UAA. They work for Gator Nation, not the other way around. Power hungry fools is what they are!

If they actually are any factor of us Ever losing Mullen for whatever reason, then no elite coach in the world will want to come work for them and the sleeping giant will go back to mediocrity!

Sent from my iPhone

• Come On Man x 7
    • Disagree Bacon! x 5
    • Agree x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  2. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Legend

Nov 19, 2014
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    They put the university reputation above the football program.
    And outside of the die hards here (myself included), I would bet the vast majority of alums agree. If not they would have changed course long ago.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  4. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Legend

Nov 19, 2014
    While I agree with you OP, I think the Administration is a bigger problem. The student body and alumni base is changing. Football isn’t number 1 in Gainesville anymore.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. spincycle81

spincycle81 GC Legend

Oct 10, 2015
    I'll take a healthy University over a healthy football program any day. I'd like to have both, but one wins out 10/10 times.

• Agree x 13
    • Winner x 5
    • Like x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  6. BanditGator

BanditGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Enemy? Seriously folks. Then a picture of a President that has brought UF to top academic status?

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  7. twodaparty

Apr 3, 2007
    You can have BOTH if the university stays out of the football program’s way. We cheer for the Florida Gators not University of Florida. They are two separate things and should be treated as such. Stop making a mockery of our actual university pretending the football program is representative of our professional standing domestically and abroad.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. digitalwangsta

digitalwangsta Sophomore

Dec 5, 2020
    I wish we could model our program like Texas A&M does it. . . I guess we would need alot of wealthy boosters to step up and take over the reigns of supporting the program. The UAA's reluctance to step up and take this program to the next level is discouraging when we have a coach that wants to do so.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. twodaparty

Apr 3, 2007
    This. Sorry but tamu’s athletic department I can promise you isn’t interfering with jumbo and his football program and their university’s reputation is doing just fine thank you very much. Fellow AAU member etc.

10. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    their ranking has fallen fairly significantly in the last decade or so.

11. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Hey Two a Party! We don’t agree on many things but this post may be as good as I’ve read . Well done ! There is hope for u !

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

They are steering us to be another Stanford or Vandy! Not gonna happen. Excellent post

13. SeabudGator

SeabudGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 23, 2014
    We have almost 60,000 students at the University, less than 750 scholarship athletes and 85 football players. I want those athletes to have "A Championship Experience with Integrity" as our motto goes, but the experience, education and research of the tens of thousands of students and thousands of professors is FAR more important. I think we can have success in both academics and athletics and accepting mediocrity, or worse lack of integrity, in either is unacceptable.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. gator_glory

gator_glory Junior

Apr 11, 2007
    The change has been steady for a while and being driven by the Administration. UF is simply not the same school that we remember. This is the answer to why students cannot fill out a student section at a football game.

UF has become academically elite and they should be proud of that. Sports is secondary by a long distance. As an academic institution it makes perfect sense and should be the goal. In a football chat room it seems broken.

I am a booster and a parent of two college students who both were accepted to UF and both chose another University. I saw it first hand on the visits and we literally ran into 4 different UF legacy applicants who all said “UF is not the same school we went to”.

i am an optimist and hope you can have both - elite Academics and football. I think Scott S is the real deal but his job is much harder now than anything Foley was faced with.

just my thoughts - Go Gators!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. BA69MA72

BA69MA72 GC Legend

Apr 8, 2007
    UF took in $900+ million in research funding from private and public in 19-20. Football is a baby gator in comparison.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. sqgator

sqgator GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    As much as I am a big football fan, I would rather UF focus on academics rather than sports. Of course, it will be best to excel in both like Stanford.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  17. dave_the_thinker

dave_the_thinker VIP Member

Dec 1, 2019
    Milton, FL
    We'll be what we have been, the flagship university and academic standard in what is now the third largest state ... with an unlimited appetite for football.

A better comparison to what we are is probably Texas in Austin.

This. We're in an enviable position.

UF Athletic total revenue across all sports in 2019: $160 million
    UF Alum donations over last 12 months: $526 million

This isn't Tallahassee, taxpayers didn't pay a dime for our stadium.

"Florida will always be our conference’s sleeping giant. When someone wakes up that little program in that big, talented state, there will be hell to pay. I’d prefer we just not poke the sleepy bear.” — Bear Bryant

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  18. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    I agree completely. As somebody who isn’t an alumni, the only reason I give money to the university is in exchange for an over priced football ticket. They’re killing the incentive

19. malscott

malscott Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    West Hills, Ca
    Stanford is obviously a premier academic institution and while they have a ton of athletic programs they aren't often the best. Decent tennis, volleyball, and a sprinkling of 4 gazillion others. Someday, hopefully not too far off we'll be as highly ranked as Vandy, with better athletics.

Pay to play, one and done, overpaid coaches, revenue issues, attendance issues, thuggery and other nonsense is causing me to lose interest a little bit.

But there is nothing quite like being a Gator.

Go Gators.

• Like Like x 1
  20. gatorpower

gatorpower GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Alert yourselves to the danger, friends and brothers!

Our bunker shelters not only ourselves, but an enemy so conspicuous, so unassuming, we oft think it blameless, even as the blood gushes from our chests and onto their small, unassuming hands. Alert yourselves, my dear brothers! Stop drinking their poison with gratitude. Stop drinking their poison as a general rule.

What rests inside their restless hearts is murder and evil and villainy more potent than any enemy currently listed within any of our lists of known enemies. You heard it here second.

They're responsible for the worst coaches in program history. The antagonists in Athens dream up such nightmares, but cannot in their waking lives manifest these into reality. They profit directly from every home loss. It's true. Millions of dollars I am told. This magic is beyond Tennessee's ability to conjure. The worst food you've ever bought and subsequently eaten at any of their stadiums. They bought it first with every intention to pass it onto you for money. Sickening.

We should murder them. I agree with the poster who said we should murder them. They make it unbearable to watch TV sometimes. I cannot stand that they're even alive. Do you ever wonder why they're not not alive? They have unrealized, unactualized stab wounds, all over their bodies. Plugged meat hungering for that unplugged life and through that, death. They're not even stab wounds at this point and that is not ideal if our intention is to murder them and I think it should be. Greatest enemy? Prove it! You effete keyboard jockeys. You say it? You believe it and then you continue your lives with seeming indifference? Pathetic!

Greatest enemy and yet we have killed other lesser enemies in a variety of perfectly justified situations. Should we be any less committed? I mean it. Should we? I get so confused. They mean to crush our hopes and dreams with the pathology of a Hitler or a Stalin. Alert yourselves to the dangers this poses. OK?

Allow radicalization to take place at your earliest convenience. Defund the UAA! Tyranny! Defund the University of Florida! Set our football team free of its greatest living rival! For God sakes, act now. I cannot bear this squalor anymore. I want our TV shows to be just as good as Alabama's TV shows. Please!!!

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Wish I would have said that x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.