Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

The refs were terrible…

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by 95Gator, Nov 25, 2023.

1. eightiesgator

eightiesgator GC Legend

Oct 16, 2017
    Please. This is what we do. Every call is against us. Every missed call helps the other guys.

And when playing FSU, the zebras are always corrupt because EVERYONE is out to get us by any means necessary.

This is what's helps us to cop with our failure. Every game will be The Swindle v2.0...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. The_RH_Factor

The_RH_Factor GC Hall of Fame

Aug 11, 2010
    Why not bring in refs from neutral conferences for this game?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. GatorNavy

GatorNavy Damn the Torpedoes! Moderator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Space Coast
    I thought the officiating was bad both ways, both called and uncalled.

• Agree Agree x 9
  4. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Refs did not cause our loss.

Horrific special teams again with 2 missed field goals and many special teams blunders, including personal foul for blocking out of bounds when could have had the ball at our own 45 yard line. Thankfully FSU successful fake punt called back by penalty

Hit on a sliding QB by two players on what would have been 4th and 4 from 50 to get ball back.

spitting on a player for 15 yards and personal foul to get kicked out of game and decimate our DT depth.

No TDs after first one and no scoring at all in 4th quarter again.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    Swampville
    I guess Im right they played an entire game with one holding, pass interference, hands to the face, spitting, blocking on the sidelines (which there suspiciously is no documentation of)....they only got one questionable call early and thats it. After that they played a perfect game according to the officials outside of the delay of game penalties which you just cant hide. In a rivalry game no less. Im sorry but Ill bet I can pick up one holding call or hands to the face each drive...but clean as could be all game...riiight. Then you look at when we got dinged and they were inflection penalties.

Starting at midfield post punt (should be 15 more yards positive for us because they interfered with the fair catch) and we start at the 30 because of some BS penalty. Colemans long BS PI where its a offensive PI and we had them behind the sticks already...there is another 30 yard swing and a punting situation to a first plus 15 yards. Long run for us deep called back for phantom holding 30 yards and likely -7 points. There were a bunch of bad calls but they happened to change momentum every time. Im not saying we didn't deserve any calls but for god sake did they just play a totally clean game after the late hit on Max...yeah Okay they did. Strickland needs to ask for neutral refs from another conference or this crap will go on forever.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    well the 2 players shouldn't even have hit him high in the first place. when a QB is sliding you back off.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. denny_crane

denny_crane All American

Apr 14, 2007
    While by rule its a penalty, it needs to be changed to make the quarterback give himself up earlier if he doesn't want to get hit. He really didn't slide, but jumped at their feet. Contact was made before his butt touched the ground.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    When you so much as appear to launch yourself in the direction of a sliding QB you’re going to get called for it every time.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The refs in that Vandy-UT game were absolutely terrible. Hopefully they have been fired by now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    the players know the rule so cant be surprised the flag was thrown.

11. eightiesgator

eightiesgator GC Legend

Oct 16, 2017
    Okay, now name the dozen non calls that went in our favor. But nooo...we NEVER hold.

At least your screen name is appropriate. Endless excuses...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    Well we did get a TD after a roughing penalty

13. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt VIP Member

Apr 11, 2007
    LA Metro area
    The refs sucked as they always do. They didn't hand the game to the Noles. And the ACC replay room never screwed us like the SEC's did. And yet we think the result would be different with a different crew? This was flawless officiating by Swindle standards.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. 95Gator

95Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Studio City, CA
    I don’t think anything or anyone is insinuating it’s Swindle like. Also everyone is off topic, reread the OP, it’s about the forum.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    BD officiating nonetheless

16. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Dumb rule for sure. Slide before imminent contact. You shouldn’t be able to gain yardage by sliding.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. uf1998

uf1998 Senior

Aug 19, 2023
    Meh. It was the perfect example of a call that "could've gone either way", and was called one way on the field but didn't have the necessary evidence to overturn it. During the replay I wanted so much to see that ball move when it touched the ground, but it didn't. I think his (very long) fingers were between the ball and the turf, barely.

We can complain about that call, but it wasn't like some obvious screw job. If that were our WR and they overturned it, we would be livid and saying "How the &@# do you overturn that???"

Last edited: Nov 26, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
  18. iwannaperfectseason

iwannaperfectseason All American

Dec 5, 2009
    Too many calls that could have "gone either way" did not go our way. The on-the-field official would have called that a non-catch if it had been a Gator WR. There were too many opinions by biased ACC refs (with an incentive to help the Semis win) affecting the outcome of this game.

These crooks should never have been allowed back into the Swamp. Shame on Strickland.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. oneatatime

oneatatime GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    I don't understand why there are league refs. College basketball doesn't have them.

The ACC had a lot to lose financially with an F$U loss. I will leave it at that.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. uf1998

uf1998 Senior

Aug 19, 2023
    I guess I'm just not feeling this was any kind of one-sided screw job. We've had plenty of those games, including the one 20 years ago which I can't even stomach thinking about. Last night was nowhere near anything like that. Both teams had bad calls on them. I couldn't believe they called unnecessary roughness on FSU on the sack before our touchdown, but I was thrilled because it gave us four extra points (we kick a FG if that call isn't made). That was a huge call that we benefited from, and it helped create a lot of momentum for that entire first half.

There was one call I was not happy about and I'm not sure if it's been discussed here, but one of our ball carriers was lifted up and appeared to be held up in the air for quite a long time while being pushed (lifted ?) back several yards from where the play was blown dead. I feel they could've called some kind of unsportsmanlike penalty on that. It wasn't some brutal non-call, but I think they should've called something. It was a strange looking few seconds after the play was blown dead.

• Agree Agree x 4