Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

The presidential baby sitter saves the day for the 272nd time

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Gator515151, Oct 19, 2021.

1. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    All of the things he mentioned actually happened. How have you managed to convince yourself that they didn't?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. metalcoater

metalcoater GC Legend

May 30, 2007
    Get back to this in four years.

3. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Damn, I thought he finally got one right.

4. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    And so are you. While Trump did not specifically call the neoNazis and white supremacists who marched at Charlottesville "fine people" there was a little doubt to whom he was referring when he said there were fine people on both sides, especially considering that he specifically refused to condemn them.
    Despite Biden's flaws I will never regret voting against the deranged narcissist with the orange complexion. I value our status as a Constitutional Republic based on the rule of law too much. If I have any regret it may be not strongly supporting one of Biden's opponents in the 2020 Democratic primaries.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  5. metalcoater

metalcoater GC Legend

May 30, 2007
    It has only been ten months. Check back later.

6. dadx4

dadx4 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville, Fl
    He doesn't think either ever..

7. dadx4

dadx4 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville, Fl
    So you like 30 year high inflation, Saigon 2.0, not your body anymore, empty shelves, gas prices double, authoritarian regimes etc etc.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. coleg

coleg All American

Sep 5, 2011
    I, along with a landslide 80M others, voted a twice impeached, wannabe Dictator out of office. The serial liar, misogynist, and corrupt draft dodger was one the few in that office to lose the popular vote twice, lose the House, and the Senate, and not be re-elected. In other words, there has been no loser his equal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. gators81

gators81 Premium Member

Apr 8, 2007
    atlanta
    His wife corrects him at least once a day? Pretty sure most married men would be thrilled with that low a number…

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte

11. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte

12. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte

13. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    What is really funny is you just described Joe Biden. He is a serial liar. misogynist & also racist. He is a corrupt draft dodger (we all know he didn't apply for his medical deferment until after his student deferment ran out). As for losing the popular vote twice Joe lost the popular vote in 1988 & 2008 and as Obama's VP he lost control of both the House and the Senate. Oh and we all know he won't be re-elected.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte

15. danmann65

danmann65 GC Hall of Fame

May 22, 2015
    I can only think of three or 4 people I would prefer Biden over. Trump is absolutely one on the list.

16. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    that’s a hell of an endorsement.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    Hold that thought there for another 1,188 days. Maybe after we have realized around 25% cumulative inflation, another 1.5M unvetted illegals have crossed the border, China has taken Taiwan, and Iran has a nuke you will realize the error of your position. Mean tweets are nothing compared to malicious incompetence.

I hope I am wrong on the future but if I were a gambling man I would bet money I’m not.

18. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    The inflation caused be global labor shortages due to the pandemic were inevitable. Running lean kept inflation in check for decades. But running lean supply chains means built in fragility when things break down. No President could've prevented the inflation caused by the supply chain breakdown.

Meanwhile, the twice impeached wannabe dictator now wants Executive Privilege over his involvement in the Jan 6 insurrection. Sorry, but only the current executive can decide what's privileged and what is not. And that's currently Biden.

Wonder why Trump doesn't want his insurrection dirty laundry aired? Because it would expose his true, power hungry, anti-democracy, anti-American despot that he truly is. I'll take China taking over Taiwan if the trade is we get to keep our own democracy alive and well.

19. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    It's a good thing for you that you are not a gambling man then. Good gamblers don't let their biases affect their judgement like you do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Kuwait
    I can see all of that potentially happening with the exception of China invading Taiwan. In my professional opinion, the capability simply is not there yet for a forcible entry if Taiwan resisted (which, for now, it would). China would also be gambling on non-intervention of foreign powers. And China does not gamble. It does sure things. Unless it has absolute assurance that U.S. would not intervene and would keep Japan and South Korea quiet, I see slim-to-no chance that China makes the move. The U.S. might not want to intervene, but the chance that the Biden Administration would give that assurance is low (or so I would like to believe), and I see no plausible scenario where Japan and South Korea do not come to Taiwan's aid in some form, potentially dragging us in anyway.

China is playing the long game and winning. When they do make their move on Taiwan at some point, I believe it will be similar to how the Russians took Crimea and Donbass. "Pro-Beijing Taiwanese" will rise up against "the oppression of the KMT" and seize key terrain, only then "inviting" the PRC to come in and re-establish order. But we will see.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2