Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Father's Day is coming.... Give your Dad a gift he’ll appreciate all year long and save up to $20!

This year, for a limited time and in limited quantities, you can take advantage of our Father's Day Special package and get a discount on top of it. This special won't be around long, so here's how to jump on it now -- click here for details!

The Official 'Laughing at F$U' Thread

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by chemgator, Nov 11, 2020.

1. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    I believe he is talking about just getting in the top 20...in the state of Florida. Right behind the Florida State College of Sand Bleaching.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    I see we've changed the thread title.

Very appropriate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BGator

BGator Junior

Apr 30, 2007
    Redshirt junior Corey Durden has decided to opt out of the remainder of the season. LOL - another embarrassing and devestating blow to the fsu football program. Another player QUITS on his team, coaches, and University. Lovin' it...

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. traveling gator

traveling gator Freshman

Mar 7, 2017
    If you watched any of their games, it was clear that he was wayyyy in over his head. It was obvious that they would not have been any better off after 40 or 80 games had he been allowed to continue. It was a terrible hire and one that probably would not have been made if they had done the proper DD.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. partdopy

partdopy All American

Feb 1, 2012
    The article makes it quite clear that there was no real agreement between anyone within the organization to hire him. There was no real interview process. Nobody knew who was running the football program.

That, in addition to his performance, is why his tenure was so short. It was a poor hiring decision made by an organization with no leadership.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    F$U found out it could lie, cheat, and steal its way to higher ratings by gaming the system. They found out what attributes they needed to have to improve their rankings with the ratings organizations (U.S. News, etc.), and then they did what they could to pretend to meet those criteria. If they needed a certain ratio of teaching assistants per student, then they promoted their janitors and landscapers to teaching assistants (or hired more off the streets, with little concern for their qualifications). It's what you might expect a school with no ethics to do when they want to be as good as the school down the road.

7. SJB612

SJB612 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    I didn't realize the article was going to make me laugh so hard. The Taggert part was pure comedic gold. Lethal simplicity, turnover backpack, blowouts to rivals, and dehydration issues. It's gold Jerry, gold!

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  8. Gator_druid

Gator_druid All American

Oct 20, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    And I have a bridge to sell...

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. KronoGator

KronoGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    The program deserves the death penalty, always rotten to the core.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. LAGatorDoc

LAGatorDoc GC Hall of Fame

Jul 29, 2012
    I hear Scott Bakula, Kathy Ireland, and Sinbad have a year of availability left...

• Like Like x 1
  11. LAGatorDoc

LAGatorDoc GC Hall of Fame

Jul 29, 2012
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Stetson, Rollins, and Florida Southern are laughing.

13. dadx4

dadx4 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville, Fl
    F$U has a player problem. I seriously doubt this is a Norvell issue. He needs to purge the current roster but by then their results on the field are going to be so bad I think they will be fighting UCF for players after we get who we want and Miami gets who they want.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. dadx4

dadx4 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville, Fl
    They are giving themselves the death penalty by their putrid play on the field.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. gatorranger7

gatorranger7 All American

Jun 8, 2007
    Watch the story of Kansas State’s resurrection from the dead. And KSU had much less of a winning tradition than FSU. It takes the right coach with the right AD. As much as I detest FSU, and I take a back seat to no Gator in my delight in their current deplorable state of affairs, what made beating them so delicious was the fact that they were good at football. If they are this bad, and remain so, it mutes the ecstasy I feel when we defeat them, regardless of the sport, or academic listing, for that matter.

I don’t really want them back any time soon, but if they are going to return to prominence, I’d prefer them to get a Bill Snyder-type coach to bring them back to a state of respectability, of proper play, and producing competitive student-athletes. Our best times were when our rivals were better. Defeats were hard, true, but the wins were so much more memorable.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. BGator

BGator Junior

Apr 30, 2007
    Admirable post... but I have to disagree. I'm hoping fsu continues to sink to new depths. hope they never win another game. hope they then go bankrupt and drop their program. hope doak is condemned and demolished. hope their historical archives catch fire and burn to ashes. only then will karma have been served..

• Funny x 5
    • Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  17. gtj31

gtj31 GC Hall of Fame

Taggart did look like a man out of ideas. Norvell has looked completely lost this year.

Sure they have roster issues but let’s not pretend they are playing an NFL schedule. Out of their losses, Miami and Notre Dame have more talent. The other losses, Ga Tech and Pitt anyone!!!, are simply terrible coaching and management.

Maybe Norvell gets it turned around. Saban did lose to Louisiana Monroe after all. But it sure doesn’t look like the turnaround will be quick.

18. gator_lyn

gator_lyn GC Legend

Oct 28, 2017
    That was funny how the article mentioned that Taggart wanted to roll with a playbook that only had 5 plays in it

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. BobK89

BobK89 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    And don’t look past the fact that Taggart’s recruiting was average, that Norv’s class last year was average and this year they have a class ranked between 20 and 25, last I saw. No QB depth either. Add that into the mix with players jumping ship and SWAC has years more of this mediocrity.

20. etennant

etennant Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Jacksonville
    The issues with how dispersed and fatigued their donor base is are huge issues for them. In this regard, FSU’s situation is far different from Kansas State’s.

• Agree Agree x 1