Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by tundragator, Dec 8, 2019.
They just posted another video showing more...
WOW, WOW, WOW, and WOW!
The outdoor swimming pool should be a happening place. What a recruiting tool it’s gonna be!
Did you bash Foley for not doing these monstrosities quicker?
Coach, I'm committing to be a Gator. I will sign on early signing day, and will be enrolling early.
Our opponents and certain posters ,who the recent facility video played at the FSU game contradicts their narrative, say that the Heavener stand alone facility will not be completed by 12/2021 and be like Mac's stand alone complex that was dropped.
Here are reasons why I think the facility will be completed on time:
1. Money talks. UF building an expensive new baseball field says a lot. If UF was trying to be cheap they would just upgrade the existing baseball facility instead of building one the costs $30 million extra elsewhere.
2. Heavener putting his name on the new facility means we have a solid backer. Plus the UAA is financially very strong.
3. These two UF stand alone centers are different. The last standalone center only made sense if we were going to put all our eggs in the Mac basket to help his recruiting. We paid a buyout to get rid of Mac. Money talks. Once we decided on moving the baseball field for a smarter standalone facility , Mac's days were numbered.
4.This new facility makes more common sense physically than a squeezed in facilty that is not attached and is further from the stadium which is why the old one was not built. Because the old squeezed in stand alone had to be three stories (it costs more building higher) it was not smart to build.
The new attached one is two stories where you can get more square footage and it is more efficient.
5. The new baseball stadium's hardest part construction wise has been completed. Timeline appears to be intact.
6.Stricklin is a facilities guy and this facilty when completed will be a feather in his cap. He will use UF's strong balance sheet ,created by years of Foley's fiscal conservatism, and UF's strong alum base to make it happen on time.
7. UF does not have a coach disaster like FSU that requires a big buyout. Money talks.
8. Mullen came to UF to get more National Championship rings like the two he got as our Offensive Coordinator. He has the ship moving in the right direction at UF with two big bowls in a row. Mullen knows he has "location,location,location" as far as close by top talent. Mullen has a lot of input in this facility as far as what he thinks we need to get more national championships so odds are he stays.
Pretty nice write up about the new digs & the state of college football with these types of facilities
Inside college football’s latest facilities craze: the football-only complex
Florida is building one. Jimbo Fisher wanted one. Here's why football-only facilities are so important.
The football-only complex.
"Literally everyone and their brother is building a football-only facility right now…" said Matt Huml, who has studied their impacts as an assistant professor of sport management at Texas Tech. "If you don't have a football-only facility, you're wanting to build one. If you do, then you're wanting to improve it."
Huml isn't exaggerating by much.
A conservative count shows at least 17 of the 65 Power Five programs have opened or renovated football-only complexes since 2013. The combined cost: more than $800 million. Add in at least seven other projects that are in the works, and the total hits $1.2 billion.
UF plans to begin construction on its $65 million stand-alone facility by early 2020. USF is raising money for a $40 million, 160,000-square-foot complex that would include a players' lounge, offices and an indoor practice facility. Florida State is studying the logistics of building one, but its lack of progress influenced coach Jimbo Fisher's decision to bolt for Texas A&M (whose Bright Football Complex underwent a $21 million renovation in 2014).
This ain't an X Files episode. No hoax, the complex is getting built. No need to even entertain their fantasies.
I did .. because we kinda had to if we wanted to compete . Listen I know the deal here , just wish it didn’t have to be like this. That’s all .
Kinda knocks being a institution of higher learning out the door. Ya have these pre med and high level engineering students in dumps in which they have to pay 1.50 for a snickers bar, while the football guys who major in football having steak and lobster.
Not just at UF but every big time football factory.
I’d say game day logistics
wonder what she costs
If you have to ask, you can't afford it.
That must be in the “endurance” area of the new facility
For all your generous financial contributions to the Gator Nation. We rabid fans without millions in the bank truly appreciate it!
Note his close relationship to Mullen. That will pay dividends down the road.
Gators to Name New Football Facility after Heavener - Florida Gators
We hired it.
While referred to as a stand alone football facility, some aspects of the building will be for all athletes. As an example, the new dining services facility in this building will be for all athletes.
Bama is spending big bucks expanding useful areas within the stadium. We already built useful areas in our stadium for the front door project. Once we move the offices out of the front door area of the stadium we have options to easily expand the game day locker room. Nice to have options.
Since the football players and basketball players will have their own gyms, the other sports could take over large gym in the Swamp giving more flexibility to workout schedules. Nice to have ready made stadium infrastructure to repurpose when the time comes.
The new facility video had a VR pod room in it. Here is an example of a video pod.
I know we all like to attach any failed plan to Mac but do you really think that previous plan was done by Coach Mac and Mullen came 2 years back and changed plan for football and baseball facilities. I am just curious as you keep on referring Mac's facility like football coach alone would have come up with idea of building and layout. This type of planning doesn't happen overnight and by one person.
Keep poking that Gator with a stick....go ahead, step a little closer....