Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

The media calls them protesters, I call them a mob

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Gator515151, Jul 8, 2022.

1. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Aren't you the same person who hid in the basement, wearing a mask and wouldn't leave their home because of a flu like virus? Why yes, it is so I'll repost this for

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    [​IMG]

Oh Yea

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    Your attempt at whataboutism is a complete FAIL. once more Jacob Blake had an active legal action against him, an arrest warrant. He was violating a legal restraining order. An officer of the law intervened and Blake broke the law again by attacking a police officer and again by pursuing him. The police officer lawfully shot him in defense.

In this case there was no ACTIVE arrest warrant in NC, there were no pending charges against the old lady, and an angry mob pursued her, not the police, in an old folks home.

The only thread of commonality is you will ALWAYS side with the black person because of your white guilt.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  5. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    Most of the posters in this thread have always told us we needed to believe the victim in rape/abuse cases in the past.

6. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Would be great if one of the nursing home employees covered this old bitch's face with a pillow for 10 minutes.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    Where I probably differ from you is I’m not specifically defending or feel sorry for the 88 year old senile lady likely racist, I’m commenting on the inappropriateness of a mob invading an old folks homes, terrorizing residents, and appointing themselves judge and jury on a legal matter more than 50 years ago.

8. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    You need to seek help.

9. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    I'll get help right after the old bitch croaks.

10. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    We, as a country, desire to be a country ruled by law and not by men. That is the ideal,right? Sometimes the law fails us but it is no reason to give up that goal and the greater good.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
  11. Gator515151

Apr 4, 2007
    Oh I understand and I did start this thread out on the mob mentality part of it. Because of posters stating as fact that Ms Bryant lied I did a little research on the subject. It seems there is evidence that the people who accused her of lying were lying themselves. If her story wasn't 100% correct it was probably closer to the truth than what those who paint Emmitt Till as an innocent little boy say happened. I'm not defending her as much as saying be sure you are right before going after a possible innocent preson.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Interesting the way you completely ignore the fact that Emmett Till was beaten and murdered. Was he not possibly an innocent person? But yes, let's defend the potential innocence of the woman who instigated Till's murder.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    People in that contingent and of that ilk don’t value the lives of people who look like Emmett Till, how many different threads must they make and post in to show you this.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Maybe OT but the case of Emmett Till influenced Rod Serling and begat The Twilight Zone.
    How Emmett Till's murder inspired Rod Serling to create the original 'Twilight Zone' series

Serling, who was 30 years old at the time, watched Till's story play out in the news. A rising star in the television world, Serling set out to write a teleplay that addressed the racism at the heart of Till's murder. In an interviewwith Mike Wallace, Serling explained how he'd written a show sponsored by U.S. Steel, and by the time the censors were finished with it, the script was a "lukewarm, vitiated, emasculated" version of what he'd originally created. Every reference to Black or white, the South and anything that even slightly alluded to the South was changed or removed. (Serling describes the censors removing Coca-Cola bottles from a scene because they might have too much of a Southern connotation.)

Ultimately, Serling realized that tackling issues like racism and prejudice head-on was not going to work within the power structure of television, so he had to get creative. A show like "The Twilight Zone" would allow for social issues to be addressed through metaphor and allegory. Serling expressed the hopeful belief that people can have their eyes opened to their own inner biases through indirect stories that tap into such themes.

(I’d say he was successful at doing that)

• Like Like x 1
  15. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Carolyn Bryant also has an open arrest warrant. Thanks for so effectively demonstrating your hypocrisy. I'd rather side with Black people due to "white guilt" than be the white man defending Carolyn Bryant.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  16. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Can always count on you to side with the Klan.

• Winner Winner x 2
  17. Gator515151

Apr 4, 2007
    Be honest.....she has an active arrest warrant that was written in 1955 valid only in Mississippi. I think it is only valid in one county but could be wrong on that. 2 weeks after that warrant was issued she testified in a highly publicized trial in Mississippi. She wasn't a fugitive or in hiding all these years. The DOJ ruled in December of last year after people tried to re-open the case that there was no real evidence that she lied.

18. Gator515151

Apr 4, 2007
    Sorry there Mr Lawyer it seems to me that you are the one arguing on some kind of agenda. I am arguing on the side of what I believe is true due to research not personal feelings about what I feel is true in this case.

19. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Just like you defended the Klan during the discussion of the Tulsa Massacre, you're defending the Klan again in the torture and murder of Emmett Till. We know where you stand.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Gator515151

Apr 4, 2007
    Here is a direct quote from Wikipedia go read the entire article if you like. It sure doesn't sound to me based on the testimony from people who were actually with Till that day that nothing went on inside the store. Why would she go to the car to get a gun if she didn't feel threatened? Come on gatorlawyer you are a lawyer, tell me this makes sense.
    Emmett Till - Wikipedia

In any event, after Wright and Till left the store, Bryant went outside to retrieve a pistol from underneath the seat of a car. The teenagers saw her do this and left immediately.[40] It was acknowledged that Till whistled while Bryant was going to her car.[28] However, it is disputed whether Till whistled toward Bryant or toward a checkers game that was occurring just across the street.[28]

One of the other boys ran across the street to tell Curtis Jones what happened in the store. When the older man with whom Jones was playing checkers heard the story, he urged the boys to leave quickly, fearing violence. Bryant told others of the events at the store, and the story spread quickly. Jones and Till declined to tell his great-uncle Mose Wright, fearing they would get in trouble.[50] Till said he wanted to return home to Chicago. Carolyn's husband Roy Bryant was on an extended trip hauling shrimp to Texas and did not return home until August 27.[51] Historian Timothy Tyson said an investigation by civil rights activists concluded Carolyn Bryant did not initially tell her husband Roy Bryant about the encounter with Till, and that Roy was told by a person who hung around down at their store.[52] Roy was reportedly angry at his wife for not telling him. Carolyn Bryant told the FBI she didn't tell her husband because she feared he would beat Till up.[53]