Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

The Left’s Growing Record of Insanity

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by flgator2, Feb 5, 2019.

1. pkaib01

pkaib01 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    That is cherry picking at its most glorious. Shame.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I’m interested in this line of support. Do you think that Trump caused gas prices to fall and minorities to start businesses?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. pkaib01

pkaib01 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I had a tasty cup of coffee this morning. Thanks Donald!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. pkaib01

pkaib01 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    @Orange_and_Bluke , which part of those statements did you disagree with? Cherry picking? Most glorious? Or shameful?

I got to assume you just fat-fingered and meant to emote "best post ever." In which case, THANK YOU!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  5. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Almost everything you cited in your post is continuation of trends that began before Trump took office. Note the graphs below.
    Low gas prices and increased domestic production are the result of extraction of crude from through fracking shale oil deposits, a technology that dates back well over 10 years.
    [​IMG]
    Labor market trends (declining unemployment) date back to recover from the "Great Recession" which began in 2010.
    Same with minority businesses. Although not specifically below is a graph of new business formation based on census data
    [​IMG]
    As far as unemployment is concerned
    [​IMG]
    I would give Trump credit for legislation releasing nonviolent criminals. I suspect that if a Democratic president proposed similar legislation, it would have been opposed by Republicans for being soft on crime.
    As far as kicking Hillary's ass is concerned. She still ended up with almost 3 million more votes than Trump and the loss was the result of incompetence by her and the individuals responsible for managing her campaign rather than the genius of Trump.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    You could do something like what’s not to like about an Obama Administration that includes a 140% stock market increase (Trumps at 26%) , a deficit reduced from $1.2T to $665B by his last year (trump’s added $700B), unemploy dropped from 9.9% to 4.7% as he put 5% of the country back to work. Donald put 1% more back to work. No contest.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
  8. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Did you see the press conference in Helsinki where Trump pretended to side with Putin over the USIC concerning the Russian hacking and troll farm? What a card! Or, where Trump pretended that there were good people marching with the Neo Nazis in Charlottesville? What a hoot! With shtick like that, He should do stand up.

• Winner Winner x 3
  9. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    It's right up there with townhall.com.

10. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    But to know any of these things you would have had to be paying attention to them before 2017. I'm pretty sure a lot of trump supporters never checked the performance of the stock market until trump tweeted about it after becoming president.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    North Carolina
    That someone have you a "come on man," shows, unless it was by mistake, how out of whack things are. Your post was exactly right, except I'm still where I've always been: slightly left of center and willing to meet in the middle.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Our president weighs in during speech in El Paso.

Trump makes wild claim that Ralph Northam wants to ‘execute’ newborn babies

13. gator7_5

gator7_5 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
  14. GatorNavy

GatorNavy Tally me banana Moderator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Space Coast
    I am pretty sure this quote from Northam is the issue. No idea what he meant, but could be taken multiple ways.

Northam said, during a radio interview in January, that after a failed abortion, “the infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother.”

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    agree that it isn't really clear. But it is clear he's not talking about executing just any newborn, which is what Trump said.

16. GatorNavy

GatorNavy Tally me banana Moderator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Space Coast
    Not as clear as you make it sound.

17. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    if it's not clear, then what do you make of Trump's claim?

18. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007

19. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Put in context it's very clear what Ralph Northam, who happens to be a pediatrician and helped establish one of the first hospices in Virginia for children, meant. Keeping in mind that late term abortions which are extremely rare are only performed if the mother's health is in jeopardy and/or the fetus has a medical condition so severe that it would not be viable after birth. While conceding this is an inference on my part, I believe what Dr. Northam was saying was that it should be the decision of parents as to whether heroic measures should be taken or whether the infant should be given palliative care to make him/her as comfortable as possible while nature takes its course.
    This from Northam's bio
    Based on his experience sometimes palliative care is the most humane alternative for terminally ill children including infants with extremely severe medical conditions following birth.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  20. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    this is insane. It's like attacking black people as racist b/c their faces are black. That black shoe is not in black face. IT IS BLACK. Of course, if she'd only come out with the white face ones, she'd be a racist for that. The destruction of art & expression is tyranny. Wrap in self righteous bullshit & it is still tyranny.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2