Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

The Left’s Growing Record of Insanity

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by flgator2, Feb 5, 2019.

1. grumpygator77

grumpygator77 All American

Nov 26, 2017
    Now if we could only have a topic on the Growing Hypocrisy on the Right.

But I guess we'll have to settle for this OP topic: The growing fearmongering on the right.

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Dislike x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  2. danmann65

danmann65 GC Hall of Fame

May 22, 2015
    No infanticide is not popular but women's right to make their own medical decisions is. A woman's right to choose an abortion is supported by about 60 percent of the population.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    That's hardly a landslide, much less a massive landslide. Most races were very competitive, much of that 9M came from races that were never considered to be in play for the Republicans and were going to be very lopsided holds for Democrats.

Now, here's a little something to frame and put on top of your TV so you don't watch too much CNN and MSNBC!

upload_2019-2-5_10-20-26.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    The popular vote percentage margin was literally the largest ever for a party that didn't hold the house going into an election. You basically have to argue that there has never been a landslide to argue that this race was not one and was close.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You forget that was only the case because of the millions of illegal voters. ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. fredsanford

fredsanford Premium Member

Dec 1, 2008
    1. No one is promoting infanticide.
    2. No one is promoting open borders.
    3. Hit dictionary.com for the definition of 'almost'. It's literally the first word of my sentence.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You know he is

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 Premium Member

Oct 11, 2011
    A small part of me wants to see Ginsburg replaced by a conservative judge (thus giving the right a commanding control of the supreme court) and STILL not manage to overturn Roe v Wade. Maybe then all the single issue pro-life voters will see that the GOP is merely using the issue as a way to get their votes so they can secure tax cuts for the wealthy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Don't forget it was also the largest turnout in for midterm elections since 1966, 47%, over 110,000,000 voters. That's after only 36.4% in 2014.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    The hardest thing about overturning Roe was getting the issue before the Supremes.

NY just gift wrapped it and tied a ribbon on it.

Careful what you wish for...

In the meantime--for this one instance--we're wishing for the same thing--a conservative to replace Ruth Vader G'burg.

;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    So the right want to align itself with disgustingly xenophobic, homophobic, and racist elements so that they can run against a democratic platform that doesn’t exist: open borders and communism?

Whatever rubs your tummy to sleep at night.

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny x 1
  12. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Speaking of insanity, I bet it drives you crazy that she's so hot, even if you're a woman. Must be why so many conservatives freaked out when they saw her dance.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I wouldn't say she's hot but she definitely has got some big boobs. I don't recall ever seeing her dance before. If you think she's hot and you like to watch her dance, that's your fetish I prefer not watching 70-year old ladies dance. Just not my thing

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    My guess is he should have been more specific. Was probably talking AOC. Maybe Harris.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. BigCypressGator1981

Oct 11, 2011
    I said small part! ;)

In any case, the supreme court - regardless of its makeup - is not going to reverse course on this issue. Even if Ginsburg is replaced by a conservative judge abortion will not be made illegal. Women will never be forced by law to carry a child they do not want to term. I'll wager any amount of money you'd like.

Its a pro-life pipe dream.

16. Distant Gator

Distant Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Upstate, SC
    I agree with you about overturning Roe V Wade but certainly the SCOTUS can allow many common sense restrictions.
    And those poll pretty well, not that it should matter.

I'm pro-life, but if we dialed back our law to 13 weeks as (I understand) many European countries have, that would tamp down most of my fervor for the issue.
    And it would cease to be a major issue, IMO.

That won't happen, because the extremists have taken over the issue, and it actually plays well into the pro-life hands.

I can't imagine the hate and the disregard of human life that must be in those extremists hearts.
    True evil, but that's who is in control right now of the D party.

17. BigCypressGator1981

Oct 11, 2011
    For the record I would be ok with making discretionary abortions after the first trimester illegal (with a few exceptions). I think 12-13 weeks is plenty of time for a woman to make up her mind as to whether she wants to bring her child to term or not.

But people are afraid of the slippery slope. Same goes for the gun control debate - plenty of common sense laws could be passed that many European countries have to keep weapons of mass casualty out of the hands of whackos but extremists have taken over the issue. I can't imagine the hate and the disregard of human life that must be in those extremists hearts. True evil, but that's who is in control right now of the R party.

18. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    The article states that Occasio-cortes does advocate open borders, so where is the strawman?

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    No one wants New York and California calling the shots for the entire country! Worst argument ever.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. wgbgator

wgbgator Extremely Online Premium Member

That she supports open borders, that's the strawman. As if the article that calls the left 'insane' is above misrepresenting the positions of the people they are criticizing lol.

• Winner Winner x 1