Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

The last person you want coming into your state recruiting is Dabo

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by gatorjjh, Jun 14, 2019.

1. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl

The last man Mark Stoops wants to see recruiting here has pushed into Kentucky
    By Mark Story
    The last person you want coming into your state and recruiting football players is Clemson head man Dabo Swinney.

The No. 1-ranked 2020 prospect by Rivals in the state of California is quarterback D.J. Uiagalelei.
    He is committed to Clemson.

The No. 1-rated 2020 prospect in the state of Florida is running back Demarkus Bowman.

The No. 1 2020 prospect in the state of Georgia is strong-side defensive end Myles Murphy.

The No. 1 2020 prospect in the state of Maryland is defensive tackle Bryan Bresee.
    He, too, is committed to Clemson.
    Along with Kentucky’s Parks, that gives Swinney five commitments — so far — for the class of 2020 from players ranked No. 1 in their state.
    Read more here: The last man Mark Stoops wants to see recruiting here has pushed into Kentucky

Read more here: The last man Mark Stoops wants to see recruiting here has pushed into Kentucky

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. thekentuckygator

thekentuckygator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    Fans here and coaches I’m sure, are upset. Yet, not surprised as many highly ranked recruits leave states where 3rd tier programs hail.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. thale410

thale410 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Dabo with the justifiably hot hand. He offers a contrasting vibe to Saban's 'football is life' program, and that's going to appeal to a bunch of elite kids.

I expect Mullen to work a similar vibe once he gets things cranked up over the next couple of seasons.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. tigator2019

tigator2019 All American

Dec 25, 2018
    In my head--- UF
    i’m completely shocked that someone who has won two out of the last three national championships Is having success in other states

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Dabo is the LAST person that I would trust if he came to my house... sounds like a used car salesman. I do NOT believe one word he says.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. antny

antny GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    Funny how his reputation and his classes were not like this before they won titles, upgraded facilities and reportedly run a win at all costs program( basketball scandal as reference).

Speaking of facilities, its become pretty clear these schools are selling leisure time and activities as much as football given the amenities these facilities have now. Bowling alleys, putting greens, video game lounges etc etc...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. tigator2019

tigator2019 All American

Dec 25, 2018
    In my head--- UF
    respectfully if you had a son who is being recruited by him ...

8. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    But do they have twin turbo scooters

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    My son decided to be a doctor instead... ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    By the time our facility is ready in 2023, it will be obsolete. We are building a facility major programs had in 2015, rather than the one they will have in 2025.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DBCooper

DBCooper GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Hendersonville, NC
    Dabo is the right HBC at the right university at the right time. Not too many years ago, he was an unknown assistant who many made fun of when he was named Clemson’s interim HBC. To his credit he convinced the school’s admin’ and fan base to back up the Brinks truck and unload it to create state of the nation facilities, hire the best coordinators, remold and perfect an attractive culture and get moms and dads to buy in. He has put together a staff that can coach, recruit and fit into the culture seamlessly. There is little turnover in key staff in the recruiting offices or field staff and their current AD came from Bama. All this took more than a year to create so hang in there Gators.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Kudos!!! Must be very proud.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. GATOR_4Life

GATOR_4Life All American

Aug 16, 2010
    Marietta, Ga
    This is not even close to correct. It's easy to overstate the importance of facilities, but to the extent that it matters ours will be (briefly) as good as anybody's.

14. thekentuckygator

thekentuckygator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    From what I’ve read this new facility will be state of the Art with all the latest bling. I also understand that elements of it are modular to a degree so future upgrades of certain things will be easy.

Some of it is based off the facilities here at UK, which are incredible. UK has a lot of old money. It also soaks up a ton of revenue from its basketball program and very deep pocketed alum. Some of this money bleeds over into the football program which UF visited and modeled some elements of its new facility after.

We will be state of the art and after the last decade, we will never allow ourselves to fall behind again.