Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

The Fifth Quarter: Gators v Dawgs post game discussion

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gatornana, Nov 2, 2019.

1. BobK89

BobK89 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    Frustrating first half. No quit though and better days are ahead.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  2. diehardgator15

diehardgator15 GC Legend

Oct 6, 2019
    Nope. Trask is a better QB.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    would be a worse loss with Franks. No way he makes half the throws Trask made.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. MCB51

MCB51 GC Legend

Nov 23, 2015
    FL
    I will ask him for sure :)

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    955 yards giving up vs Lsu/Uga
    2099 in other 7 games.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. ironhead1

ironhead1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    We did stop Swift more than I though we would coming in.
    I am pleased with the defense stopping the run.

But.....
    Damn, when the D can’t get off the field on 3rd down, even third and 14 my God....
    So Frustrating.

Also thought with Greenard and Zuniga back we would at least pressure Fromm.
    Not even close.

Mainly....
    I NEVER want to hear “DBU” associated with our team, ever again.
    Bad Joke

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. wci347

wci347 GC Hall of Fame

That is a valid point. This was the game where he should have faked the sneak and thrown down field.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. wearetheboys

wearetheboys Premium Member

Dec 6, 2015
    This.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. GatorSean

GatorSean GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I think a 3 way tie between us, uga and Mizzou is still possible, in which case uga only has to lose to Mizzou. Then I think it goes to the highest ranked team (which would still probably be uga, but who knows at that point).

10. diamondted13

diamondted13 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 1, 2008
    As for Grantham...well, let's see. This D has not made a play in 4 weeks. Literally, not one. Grantham's coaching sure as hell doesn't compensate for his ho-hum recruiting or justify his salary. Get him gone and at least bring in an ace recruiter. Let's get at least one 5 star that's not a uga castoff. In this modern era of college football, scheme isn't enough. Even Saban can't scheme a top D anymore w/ superior talent. You need ridiculous talent on D to shut teams down. We just don't have it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. saintslfc13

saintslfc13 Sophomore

Aug 20, 2008
    It's my understanding that UGA has to lose two more in the league now. They have the tiebreaker if we're tied since they beat us head to head.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. TWGator

TWGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    The blown replay was huge. I can accept blown calls on the field, but for a replay official in the booth to look at that and keep the call...I honestly thought the ref on the field announced it wrong at first. That's the type of call that replay official should have to thoroughly explain in his performance review (I know...like they even have those...).

For me, though, this game was lost on the first drive. We were actually moving the ball right down the field. My expectation from the first few plays was a FG at worst, TD at best. We desperately needed to come out attacking - and did. And then we had two silly TO's and a penalty simply because we were unprepared. THAT'S the sort of stuff that cannot happen against a top 10 team.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  13. gator_lyn

gator_lyn All American

Oct 28, 2017
    UGA exposed the UF secondary, who are not that talented

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Orangeandblue15

Orangeandblue15 Junior

Jan 2, 2014
    I for one was very uninspired by the gameplan we employed, that we had 2 entire weeks to come up with! 69 yards and 3 points in the 1st half after 2 weeks of gameplanning!! Think about that! I'd have to go back and rewatch, but I don't think I saw one (definitely not more than one) screen to a TE or RB while their Dline was shooting through every gap leaving tons of space for the screen game. I still am watching Trask get destroyed after trying to ride an RPO on 2nd and 15, when even if we do have the right read will still only maybe gain 5 yards running. Still watching us not throw a quick screen every time we have an advantage outside. I just don't get it! Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that we're headed in the correct direction, but this season has been full of head scratching for me on game days.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. malscott

malscott Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    West Hills, Ca
    The way I see it is if it's so close that one, oh, two bad calls make the difference, then you're just not doing something right. Couple of piss poor play calls. One with Pierce going up the gut. Why even try, I mean come on, right? Blown coverage again on a Georgia TD. Trask runs? Not great choices.

Nonetheless, the kids played hard, laid it all out there. But... I don't see Georgia beating LSU, maybe not even Aubren.

Biggest problem= in this game... coming alive too late and running out of time. Need that Championship urgency. Wasn't there.

Win the rest of the games.
    Go Gators.

Congrats to our Georgia Brethren-there's a few we like...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Tito22

Tito22 GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    What throws did Trask make? He hit a couple slants. Trask is y'all's guy, not mine. I see him for exactly what he is. A guy who shouldn't be starting at UF, panics every single time his first read isn't open, and is an absolute disaster when under pressure.

Franks is who he is. Will have a boneheaded play, but can come back and throw a 50 yard TD. He makes plays...sometimes for both teams.

Either way I would like to see Emory developed this offseason and be the starter against whatever cupcake we open the season with next year. I can't watch 16 more games of Trask.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  17. gatorbait596

gatorbait596 Freshman

Aug 19, 2019
    Lot of bothersome decisions by the coaches today. Especially that last drive. Almost every play the play clock was inside of 10 seconds before the snap. You have to have a hurry up element to any offense and we absolutely didn't. Just brutal how much time was eaten up there. Do not understand why we can't hurry to the line, get the play in, and snap it like every other team does in a hurry up situation...also how do we not stop third downs...that is on Grantham and no excuses should be made for it. Just terrible coaching from him on third downs. How many line backers were on receivers on third and long? Match personnel if they want to run on 3rd and 12 freaking let them.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. maxgator

maxgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Came here just to read morons post. Many of you have not disappointed me!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  19. gator_lyn

gator_lyn All American

Oct 28, 2017
    Yep, bad play management and lame review of the 1st down were bad omens for the rest of the game

20. gatorfanbill

gatorfanbill GC Legend

Feb 7, 2018
    Congrats on the win Georgia.

Florida, you have to improve on the OL and the entire D.

Gators won’t ever get to the SEC Championship game playing at this level.