Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

The Fifth Quarter: Gators v Dawgs post game discussion

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gatornana, Nov 2, 2019.

1. thekentuckygator

thekentuckygator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    Reality. Give it a try.

2. thekentuckygator

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    Squirrelly. Ha!

3. thekentuckygator

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    Yeah. People like them. People who went with him because he was the only choice after Trasks foot injury.

4. KendallGator922

KendallGator922 GC Legend

Mar 27, 2015
    This is why I need to stay off the boards. I'm a Gator fan and Gator grad yet get yelled at for stating facts.

Here. You are right it was all intentional. I will not insult your intelligence again. In fact, all the officials have been suspended without pay for not calling OPI on Jefferson's TD. They fired the replay guy for calling Grimes' catch in. They were supposed to intentionally screw us.

The ONLY explanation that the replay guy made such a bad call on the Georgia catch was intentional. Zero chance he sucks and blew the call. It was coordinated by the SEC commissioner. It's obvious.

I do not speak for all officials. I am a Gator Grad that happens to ref high school football in Texas where we are one of two states that use NCAA rules vs Federation rules. I try to bring an unbiased view from an officials point of view, but always get roasted. So I will stay off the boards. You were correct on all your posts. Great job!

• Like Like x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  5. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Your sarcasm is nothing more than a way to avoid answering my question. Just answer the question: how and why did that reply official make the wrong call?

Human error happens on the field. NOT in the replay booth when the correct call is so obvious. This is why I say the wrong call is intentional. It couldn’t possibly be anything else - certainly not human error. You know this as well as I do.

So rather than acting like you are with all the ridiculous sarcasm (trying hard here to avoid getting this post deleted for insulting another poster), just answer the damn question.

6. malscott

malscott Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    West Hills, Ca
    Man, I had this weird nightmare last night that the Gators couldn't get off the field on defense. And our coaches were unprepared and time just ran out. I saw defensive backs guarding empty portions of the field and other guys with balls running into end zones untouched. I saw our QB running the opposite direction like he was in HS...Seemed like the coaches forgot to coach and then their homework assignment got eaten by their dogs...:eek::oops:

IMHO we have one of the best coaches out there. A great coach with a big heart. But our coach and staff need to be accountable and learn. Keep building the roster with top notch recruits. I would hope recruits see the need and can see they'd be integral in some positive change for the Gators.

I'm just putting this out there...because it needs to be said. As much as we piss and moan about how poor of a coaching staff Georgia has; how they're great recruiters and crappy coaches- they sure looked like they game-planned for us as well as they possibly could have. Kirby Smart is NOT a shitty coach. His game-plan was really brilliant and his players executed it to perfection. So that narrative should probably be tabled for the time being. We can go back to that someday in the future when we beat them.

So, Georgia had the better coaches last night, prepared better and played the better game and won. Pretty simple.

All isn't lost. The Gators are strong and will recover. Our kids didn't give up. The future looks very bright. And great teams and staffs learn from adversity. We should finish in the top ten, hopefully. When you consider how many teams there are. That doesn't suck. If we reflect back on all the games we played this year...we have not been dominant but rather we showed a desire to win and played together as a team-I love our kids.

It's great to-be a Florida Gator...

Go Gators.:)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  7. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    If all they got is riding the success of another team, then you will be alright. I just shrug every thing that the gator haters throw at me every time this happens.

8. coach

coach GC Hall of Fame

Dec 5, 2008
    Boca Raton
    I often wonder if the bias we seem to get is because Florida is south but not necessarily Deep South.

9. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 13, 2007
    99% of the time complaining about refs is stupid. Live fire can lead to mistakes about judgment calls can lead to controversy

but there is 0% chance an obvious no catch should be ruled a catch on replay. There is no judgment, there is no live fire, etc.

He is either crooked or he’s incompetent. Both means he should be fired

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  10. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

He’s a ref. He knows the rules of the game, especially because he’s a replay ref. He is not incompetent.....
    .....therefore, he is crooked.

There is simply no way to spin this into anything else.

Keep in mind that this is the same replay ref that overturned our 1st down call on the field without a replay that even showed a clear view of the ball. Never should and never has the call on the field been overturned without a clear replay.

Crooked

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. unclerob

unclerob Freshman

Aug 14, 2015
    The Gators need to do the following:
    1. Figure out how to get 1 yard running the ball. Put the QB under center, with 2 backs in I formation and either sneak it, run off tackle, orpitch it wide. Try something different because what they are doing is not working.

2. If you cannot put pressure on the QB, you cannot play zone coverage. Any accurate QB is going to crave you up. Need to press, especially on third down.

3. Speed up the offense when you have to. Don't sub and don't let the defense sub.

4. Don't put EJ to run the ball when the offense is clicking. If the running back can't get yards, why do you think he will? It is just a drive killer.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. The_RH_Factor

The_RH_Factor GC Hall of Fame

Aug 11, 2010
    I can remember when Georgia only converted 1 of 13 third downs against the Zooker.

13. gatorogue

gatorogue Sophomore

Jul 15, 2009

Just got back from Jacksonville. A long drive watching Bulldog fans driving along I-10W and I-75.
    A few comments. I apologize if I repeat previous comments. But that was a dud of a game if you're
    a Gator fan. I have never been to a game where there was so few reasons to stand up and scream
    and yell and high five because of a great play. I stood up more to allow fans who were getting bored
    to pass by my seat going to the concession stand.
    We were outcoached. I' m sure by now everyone has seen the statistic re uga's success on
    3rd down: the last time that happened was with Ga against another TJG defense at Louisville. Our
    DB's seemed to play back just beyond what the dogs needed for a 1st down. No pressure on Fromm.
    The few times we did apply pressure Fromm threw poorly. Don't remember any real blitzing although
    watching live I could have missed it. Same thing with the LSU game. Give any QB time and they'll
    beat any pass defense. Listening on the radio to ESPN and other stations while driving back, one
    quote I heard more than once from the bulldogs play by play announcer was "Fromm drops back,
    he's got all day". You just can't keep doing the same thing over and over. A blitz just might have
    been what worked on that last pass on 3rd and whatever when the Gators were trying to get the
    ball back at the end of the game. Who knows but with our defense at full strength we should have
    been better.
    You can put some of the blame on the offense. Trouble getting and keeping drives going and
    giving the ball back to Fromm and his offense while losing the field position battle. Still no real
    vertical passing game attempted and with all the great gator WR's its amazing its not there.
    Just do not understand the play calling. Georgia's pass defense was playing up for the short
    passing game. I was surprised Trask and the WR's were actually able to connect on all the
    slants because usually a ga defender was draped all over our receivers, apparently not worried
    that we might throw a deep pass. And while I'm a Trask fan and thought replacing him in the
    LSU game was a mistake ( because our offense was firing on all cylinders ), he was clearly off
    and frustrated by ga's defense and maybe a series or two for EJ where he actually got to throw
    a pass instead of the usual run might have provided a spark. Again, do something different if
    what you're doing isn't working.
    After watching ga play SC and Tenn, I didn't and don't think UGA or Fromm is as good as
    advertised. I thought it would be a tough game but UF would win by more than one score.
    GA still has to play Mizzou, Texas A&M, and Auburn. Could very well lose at least one of those games.
    Maybe were not out of it completely....yet. LOL, but stranger things have happened. The future
    is bright, just have to regroup and finish the season strong. Go Gators.

14. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Yeah, no way that was a reception; it was so obvious. The ground controlled the ball, not the receiver. How anyone looking at the tv could miss that is beyond me.Large screw job there. But that’s the SEC officiating. They’ve been doing it to us for decades.

You knew it was coming after that piece of shit Muschamp went ballistic two weeks ago. I really, really, despise that guy.

He’s is a loser of the highest order.

15. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Oh, of course. It has been so for decades. Decades. They do not think we are the South. My family has almost 200 hundred years of history in Florida, and guess what? They don’t think they are like the dumb effs from Alabama, Georgia, and so on. Who could blame them? They knew stupid when they saw it.

16. benheb

benheb GC Hall of Fame

Feb 2, 2011
    Colorado Springs
    It's easier to game plan with the behemoths they have on the lines. I'd put our skill players up against theirs any day.
    We stopped the run. We played lights out red zone defense. We were in the game at the end. They blanketed our receivers - can't think of a catch where there weren't two bulldogs right there. We get a few breaks in that game and we win. I think we have great coaches - it's just easier to coach that other team - for now.

17. WindoverG8tr

WindoverG8tr GC Legend

Apr 8, 2007
    KY-Makes no sense- Trask had open competition to win job back in spring and summer. Mullen and Jones picked Franks to be the starter. Again no one has any idea how Franks would have done this year if healthy not even you. Again, million dollar coaches choose Franks to run the offense until they were forced to go with Trask. I am so happy for the way Trask has played/saved the season. So pleased for him as a great example to all young players to hang in there. He is a great representative of Gator nation. But I happen to think that Mullen knows QB's more than any of us ever will.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  18. WhattaGator

WhattaGator Ever Vigilant Psycho Mod Moderator VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

Now that it's a day after the game, I was able to catch up with my good buddy, Mr. Meantom, who happens to be VERY influential in sports, especially football..

Mr. Meantom, (he let's me call him by his first name, Moe) told me a long time ago that when he goes in a football game, he can often see himself suddendly disappear because the referees ask for needless reviews of a play, or even just a panicked inexperienced quarterback took a long sack.. an occasioinal bonehead playcall by a coach,.or even players not knowing how to line up for a play.....while oin the other hand, Mr. Meantom er, Moe, said that he can snap right back into that game, when that same quarterback can drive his team right down the field, and even the team's running backs can get back in the picture..

Saturdays, Mr. Meantom, er, Moe..gets spread very thin, having to appear in so many football games. going on, and trying to be involved in as many games as he possibly can, but he did admit that he can't get to all of them, (he calls those games "snoozers") but...he did smile when he told me that he DOES get a 'stipend" from this buisiness conglomerate in Alabama that's simply called "Uncle Nickie, LLC" to spend more time there, and assist the one team there.

Yeah...Mr. Meantom is quite a guy...he csn tell me all obout the games...sadly, only the day afrter them. :D

By the way....Mr, Meantum reminded me abiout this Gators tteam, and said that he just might spend a bit moire time with them, since it's a very real possibility that they can still end up at 11-2 for the season

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. thekentuckygator

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    Makes plenty of sense. Trask was doing very well in the “QB competition”. Many believed he was even favored to win the job. I don’t dislike Franks. Quite the contrary. However, Trask has always been the better product on the field consistently. If it wasn’t for his injury, many myself included, believe he would have been the starter.

That’s something everyone knows. Even you. :)

20. thekentuckygator

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    I’m kidding, only slightly. Still kidding though. Lol but I feel ya. It’s tough being a Gator up here. I am surprised though by how many I actually see here. More than I would expect.