Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

The FBI sent someone to help spy on the Trump campaign?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gator_fever, May 11, 2018.

1. gator_fever

gator_fever GC Hall of Fame

Nov 3, 2013
    Nope and like I said earlier at least with Cohen this does seem to have taken place during the actual campaign and post election time unlike all of Manafort's stuff.

The mess Mueller pulled with Manafort is what really went off the rails with how he conducted the raid and leaked to the media etc. on something that was many years before the timeline he was given in his initial appointment which said the primary directive was to look into Russia coordination with Trump campaign people during the 2016 election.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Not sure your thought process on Manafort, but he was Trump's campaign manager and he is deeply entangled in Russian politics and heavily compensated by them. He is definitely relevant to the investigation even if nothing comes of it that ties back to Trump.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. gator_fever

Nov 3, 2013
    From what I understand not one of Mueller's indictments of Manafort has anything to do with Russians specifically or Trump and all the specifics are things that happened well before the 2016 election. When that Judge starts really probing on how Mueller was led to those crimes I don't think its going to look good on the special counsel and all the stuff may be tossed due to it being fruit of the poisonous tree.

Apparently the Judge thought it was laughable that Mueller got a letter a few days after the Manafort raid expanding the wording of the probe.

4. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    From the indictment:

Is 2015-2017 "well before the 2016 election?"

• Like Like x 1
  5. gator_fever

Nov 3, 2013
    So he took money out on real estate he purchased earlier to obtain loans? Like I said nothing to do with Russians and the 2016 election. All the meat of his charges are based on stuff before the election. Of course money that taxes werent paid on etc will continue to be used by someone.

6. gator_fever

Nov 3, 2013

--------------------

You cant make this stuff up. Mueller's gang of incompetent clowns even said in an indictment that this professor was originally uninterested in Paps knowing full well that he was an FBI plant. Paps may skate on these charges also looking at that. Heck Peter Strzok was with the Mueller team in the early periods and he was the # 2 guy over FBI Counter Intelligence.

7. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Your initial claim:

That is false.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. gator_fever

Nov 3, 2013
    Not sure who has Paps case but if its Sullivan Mueller better hurry up and comply with discovery because Sullivan made it clear he doesnt care if they have already pled guilty the stuff has to be given over and he will make the call if its something they claim cant be shown due to sources etc. I bet Mueller's team never gave this up about the FBI plant to the Judge or Paps lawyers.

9. finorman

finorman GC Legend

Jan 30, 2009
    Orlando
    How would the investigation complete their finding when the entity which is being replaced investigated won’t release the investigation and stonewalls the subpoena?

10. gator_fever

Nov 3, 2013

11. OaktownGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Well, what would be indictable about Manafort working for the Russians to install a puppet leader in Lithuania? And whatever else he was working on for Russian billionaire oligarchs.

That clearly indicates a relationship one would have questions about for the Campaign Manager of a POTUS candidate, especially if he is making contact with Russian agents during the campaign, and Russians are actively involved in trying to interfere in the election.

But it's not indictable.

No doubt Mueller and company are trying to use other crimes he has committed as leverage to give up information on what he knows and was communicating with the Russians about, and possibly tie back to Trump. I don't see that as a bad thing if we're trying to get to the root of Russian interference in our elections.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. gator_fever

Nov 3, 2013

I would love nothing more than that arrogant liar Brennan to be nailed for his role in this scheme.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. OaktownGator

Apr 3, 2007
    IF this was occurring prior to foreign intelligence services contacting us about Russian agents and Trump campaign officials having suspicious communications, I agree with you.

If this was a response to us being informed about those suspicious communications, then its a different thing altogether. I think.

14. gator_fever

Nov 3, 2013
    They never had any valid intelligence to apply for the warrants or to be sending people in to spy on a POTUS candidate. All they had was fiction basically that they couldn't confirm and known disinformation.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  15. OaktownGator

Apr 3, 2007
    As I recall, they had unsolicited reports from seven or eight different foreign intelligence services on Trump officials having suspicious communications with Russian agents who were under surveillance.

Essentially, other countries were coming to us and saying - you guys need to check this out.

It would have been malfeasance for us not to investigate the officials who were in contact with Russian agents.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. philobeddoe

philobeddoe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    In either case ... I hope they were wearing their body cams ... and had them on while on duty. :D

17. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017

The Daily Caller. Nice source. Notably, it leaves out that the guy actually was working for the CIA or FBI.

This meeting was three months after Alexander Downer, who was based in London, told the FBI that Papadapolous had told Downer in April that the Russians had the hacked e-mails and the FBI had opened the counter-intel investigation. Meanwhile, foreign intel services had recorded Trump's people in suspicious conversations with the Russians they were monitoring.

Were the foreign intel services supposed to not investigate? Was the FBI supposed to not investigate Papadapolous? Ludicrous. Arguments are madehere that the investigation was started without evidence. Yet, when the government had evidence concerning Papadapolous, they were supposed to ignore it?

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Mueller had nothing to do with the searched on Manafort. That was a Virginia FBI office. The Cohen FBI raid was by the SD New York office.

19. g8orbill

g8orbill Old Gator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Clermont, Fl
    If true This is a lot worse than Watergate

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    The Professor referred to in the Papadapolous plea is Misfud.