Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

The dire consequences of COVID school closings

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Trickster, Nov 18, 2023.

1. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    If the powers that be are taking a hard retrospective look at lockdowns, should we then expect resignations and investigations to go along with profuse apologies ?

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    I knew 8 actual, real people, who actually died of this *fictitious* pathogen. 5 of the 8 denied this fictitious pathogen existed until they were gasping for another breath... they threw caution to the wind, used masks as toilet paper, and mocked the whole excruciating mess as contrived political conspiracy.

Most tragic was the elderly couple who died within days of each other, in turn, within days of contracting that fictitious pathogen, from a younger mutual cowboy friend denier who laughed and broke bread with them days before he manifested symptoms himself, and tested positive with that fictitious pathogen.

Btw, I was very protective of my elderly, sickly parents and brother who has down syndrome during the peek of that fictitious pathogen.

I'll be celebrating Thanksgiving with them this week.

...and VERY grateful for it.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Sorry for your losses, but no, they didn’t die of so-called Covid.

2020ff was a panic-induced PCR-based pseudo-epidemic with massive reclassification of deaths.

4. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    I'm not a big subscriber to convenient coincidences.

E.g. The 8 ppl who apparently didn't die of that *fictitious pathogen*, were diagnosed with it well before they died of respiratory illness, which quite coincidentally, is the primary symptom of that fictitious pathogen.

E.g. 2--I never subscribed to the magic bat shitting on a wet market, only miraculously coincidentally, located in the back yard of China's weaponizing military gain of function virus lab.

E.g. 3--I don't believe it's mere coincidence that my parents and brother are still here to enjoy Thanksgiving with, while really all 8 of the above mentioned deceased, would have seemed far less likely to succumb to that fictitious pathogen, going in.

I'm kinda pragmatic and perhaps even simplistic that way (or as we called it back in my day--common sense).

5. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    (1) the so-called pandemic was sustained exclusively by a test (PCR) was fabricated without a viral isolate and is basically calibrated to find segments of a mental construct.

(2) there is no virus, whether from a lab or a wet market.

(3) I am part of a civic group of more than 200 adults ranging in age from 55-85. During the entire 3+ years of Covid, I know of two that have died, neither from fictitious pathogen.

Add: all excess deaths, since 2020, can easily be explained by the *effects* of panic and despair.

6. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Sorry...apparently I lack your faith in convenient coincidences to subscribe wholesale to the notion that >1 million deaths happened to so closely mimic the symptoms of this *fictitious pathogen*, as verified by hundreds of thousands of independent private medical professionals, yet be spontaneously independent and unrelated causes of death.

With that kind of faith, I'd be one step closer to believing that life came about accidentally, coincidentally, with out any direction from intelligence--in fact, yeilding intelligence itself....

Lol! Funny ass shit the omnipotence some ppl attribute to accidental coinkidinky!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    *sighs* the excess deaths are an increased number of iatrogenic killings, negligence in nursing homes, people who died at home of treatable ailments because they were afraid of going to the hospital and catching Andromeda Strain, people who succumbed to the darkness of tyranny and took their lives via drugs and alcohol … and I could go on. Basically, take an aging and already unhealthy population, hammer them with terror, I.e., “You could get this and DIE!” and feign astonishment when they drop like flies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Well, clearly our experiences differed greatly.

Thing is, 5 of those 8 were calling BS on Covid all the way to their grave.

Me knowing 8, is admittedly inordinately high, but damn sure enough to make a believer out of me.

You not knowing any isn't really impressive, bc there are >8 BILLION ppl on the planet, and only 7ish million died (330 mil/1ish mil dead US). That's a tiny percentage.

May your faith remain strong and unshattered DD.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2023
  9. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Btw, aside from the 8 decedent's I knew, I also know like 4x that many, who became deathly ill during that period. With symptoms that miraculously coincidentally lined up with this fictitious figment of the imagination pathogen.

...so many @$%@$% pretenders...

10. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Another reason why you know Covid was BS: it was portrayed as smart cellular debris that sought out and killed people who denied it. It was a vengeful microbe. How to explain me ? What does a denier like myself need to do to catch this killer virus ? Americans were hammered into supine terror through the sort of confirmation bias you’re regurgitating. Free yourself from the Man on TV. Think. THINK!

11. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    Wow
    We can (some of us can…) agree that there was definitely a novel illness that was easily passed from person to person. This illness effected the elderly and immune vulnerable. ( much like most viruses and illnesses).
    We (some of us) can also agree that the US went way too far in many of the lockdowns/shutdowns/school closures. Teachers Union fought tooth and nail for more money while sitting at home doing nothing.
    Hindsight is 20/20… I know. But many MANY were warning of the effects of the shutdowns/lockdowns. Many were pointing out the flawed science that took center stage and was pushed .
    Don’t wear a mask. Wear a mask. Wear 2 masks.. mask don’t work. Wear a gaiter. Wear only n95 masks. Save n95 masks for nurses… on and in and on.
    We still have people wandering around outside at parks with masks I . We still have kids being sent to school scared to take the masks off… when do we hear from powers that be? When do we see the President explain that the panic is o we. We can go back to a normal life. Kids do t need masks(never did).

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  12. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    I know you’re striving for moderation. But as long as belief in cough and kill Granny exists, the powers that be will find a justification for curbing freedoms.

13. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    Moderation could also be considered anti nut job from either side…

14. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    My parents got Covid in August of 2020. They are fine. Even though they were high risk for age. I was more concerned for my dad based on what we knew. He had already had a heart attack. That said he is not obese or diabetic. They are fine. Mom has had it a second time. Would assume my dad has as well.

While I don’t agree with @duggers_dad in that viruses don’t exist. He is far closer to reality than most realize if you ask me.

• Like Like x 1
  15. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    There was a time when mere criticism of lockdowns, mask mandates and such was considered not just nut-jobbish but mass-murderish. Either there is a deadly pathogen or there isn’t.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
  17. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    There is (was) a deadly pathogen...and the reaction to it could be overdone.

It was deadly, but not THAT deadly.

Eg--At 7 million dead against a world population of 8 Billion. It paled in comparison to the "50-100' million who died to Spanish Flu against a world population of 2.Billion.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  18. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    “If you notice no one is wearing a mask” but yet they are. One interview. Great. How many tv spots did we have with him or Fauci or someone from the government fear mongering the hell
    Out of CoVid. Mask up! And now… chirp chirp

Crickets.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    How do you explain the deaths that occurred before the panic and despair?

20. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    Just because some people still want to wear masks does not mean the powers that be have not been clear about the pandemic being in the rear view. How many interviews would you expect Biden to give on this subject - especially now that it’s over? Why would Fauci still be getting TV spots? He’s the infectious disease expert - people wanted his opinion constantly because we were in the middle of a once in a century global pandemic. Good lord.

• Funny Funny x 1