Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

The Center Position- Gators and Opposition

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by potomacgator, Jul 16, 2020.

1. potomacgator

potomacgator All American

Apr 8, 2007
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. GatorPlanet

GatorPlanet GC Hall of Fame

Apr 15, 2007
    Maitland, FL
    "Jason Jitoboh showed some great flashes at the end of last season demonstrating a fantastic ability to hedge ball screens despite his massive frame. Offensively he also showcased a great set of hands when it came to both catching the ball and finishing, something that makes him rather unique on the roster."
    I must have missed these games. But I do like JJ's potential.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    I saw JJ’s potential. Limited opportunity will provide limited highlights but was impressed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. gatorbogey

gatorbogey GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    It seems like our front court will have their work cut out for them. Major challenges!

might really need to run other team’s bigs ragged. Can we? If it’s a half court game: I’m not feeling very optimistic at this juncture.

5. GatorPlanet

GatorPlanet GC Hall of Fame

Apr 15, 2007
    Maitland, FL
    Well, you can't win at a high level without good guard play. You can win at a high level with merely serviceable post play. I think we'll have the good guard play, and good play from the forwards, with quality depth. If Omar and Jason hold up well--blocking out, rebounding, defending, passing--we should be okay. Both of them need to show improvement over their freshman seasons and they will. If Castleton is eligible, we should also get scoring offense out of the center. I think we'll be okay.
    No room for injuries, illness, suspensions, or anything else of the sort at that position, though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    He has certain qualities that you can't teach. I do hope the stuff that you CAN teach catches up. For our and Mike's sake.

7. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops VIP Member GC Columnist

Apr 10, 2007
    JJ was hampered by slow foot speed/lateral movement, and his biggest problems were on the defensive end.
    Hopefully conditioning allows him to improve these areas.
    i think he could be really good. He has a great fame, good hands and a nice touch around the hop. And he he seemed to have a natural kind of feel for the game.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. bullish

bullish GC Hall of Fame

Nov 14, 2010
    Does anyone know if CMW or anyone from the UF program has worked with an attorney on getting Colin’s 2020 eligibility?

9. oneatatime

oneatatime GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    JJ seems like a pretty smart guy. I just hope he can get in the best shape of his life during the pandemic