Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

The Big Lie

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by librarywestpatron2005, May 3, 2021.

1. librarywestpatron2005

librarywestpatron2005 Sophomore

Jun 29, 2020
    Looks like we now have two definitions of “the big lie”.

Trump truly is an evil genius. He was sick of hearing this phrase used against him and so-called Republicans over and over, so he came up with his own definition (see today’s “statement”).

He didn’t start the fire of division in our country, but he sure as hell is fanning the flames.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    So glad Trump is twitter banned, I don't have to expose my eyes to his lies now.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    President Stink Stick sure knows how to stir up the sh**. Ain't bad work if you can get it.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Trickster

Trickster Premium Member

Sep 20, 2014
    What's that?

Worse than Trump are those who support him. They should know better. Being a narcissist, Trump can't. That Congressional Republicans and most of the republican party perpetuate the big lie, thereby undermining the peaceful transfer of power, is something I never in my wildest dreams imagined. How dare they threaten our democracy!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I haven't seen his statement yet, thank God.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 Premium Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Classic Trump. Accuse the other side of doing exactly what you're doing.

Which is why I'll go to my grave convinced that HE cheated in the 2020 election and it still wasn't enough to win. It would explain why he was so incredulous about the results and would also explain how Trump somehow managed to get 7M more Americans to vote for him in 2020 after the horror show that was his presidency.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator

Apr 8, 2007
    Well, it works. The term 'fake news' started as a description of the phony rightwing stuff that was showing up on social media. Someone on the right, perhaps Trump, decided to call all mainstream stories he didn't like 'fake media.' And much of the right soon followed.

"Big Lie" was a term given to Trump's false claims of a stolen election. Now Trump wants to call the election itself 'the big lie.'
    I'm guessing many will fall quickly in line.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Trump has become one of the biggest villains in American history. Has anyone done more to undermine our democracy (since the Civil War at least)? He should be locked up for treason.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    That particular projective infirmity is highly contagious. It has spread rapidly among extremists posting on this forum. "What we don't like in other people are projections of what we fear or don't like in our self."

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. gatorknights

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    That's what people like that do, that's how they roll, that's who they are. They can't help themselves, and they will not stop EVER. Because in their twisted minds, crime pays. Bigly and Yugely, believe me I can tell you that. :rolleyes::D "If you're not cheating, you're not trying, and it's only cheating if you get caught. And even if you do, just scratch off a check. (Stormy Daniels for example). Ever dealt with people like that in you 30+ years in your professional life Jake?

11. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    He's the leader of Post-Truth America. That's a term I've heard Don Lemon use on CNN. Others may be using it too, but it aptly describes the country we are living in today.

• Like Like x 1
  12. AndyGator

AndyGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    While maybe exaggerated, I would have to agree with BigC here. The enormity of lies, corruption and coverups by the Republican party has been off the scale. Too many bold faced lies by the Republican party in general to give any kind of benefit of the doubt anymore. Hell, Trump already broke the law trying to alter the 2020 election. Just because the republican party covered it up does not change that fact. And Trump even incited a violent insurrection against America itself and the Republican party still supported him. Even while admitting Trump's guilt.

And are you really calling BigC an extremist? I have never seen him that way.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. lacuna

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    No. I agree with him.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. gatorknights

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    "They got lies so big, they don't make a noise. They tell them so well, like a secret disease that makes you go numb. With a big old lie and a flag and and a pie and a mom and bible most folks are just liable to buy any lie, any place anytime".

15. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Trumps impeachment for Ukraine was him trying to cheat, his impeachment for the insurrection was him trying to cheat. So yeah, I’m sure there was plenty of other garbage going on behind the scenes in the White House we don’t know about and will be “declassified” in about 50 years.

Kind of like that, “oh yeah and by the way, Nixon was a traitor who interfered in the Vietnam peace talks” stuff that was declassified a few years ago.

Maybe in 25 more years we’ll finally get to the bottom of WMD’s in Iraq. :eek:

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  16. metalcoater

metalcoater GC Hall of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Wow, A huge liberal circle jerk, and I got to see it. TDS at it's best.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  17. lacuna

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    Andy, Big Cypress posted, "Classic Trump. Accuse the other side of doing exactly what you're doing."

It's a statement I agree with. Extreme partisans from both sides accuse the other of hate and make charges of destruction, perhaps ignorantly unaware their posts project their own anger, intolerance,and hate towards their political opposites.

I see it a lot on this forum, mostly from right wingers. It's easy enough to find accusation of hate on Too Hot. Pick the username of a known partisan extremist who regularly posts on the forum, search that name with 'hate' and see how often the accusing association comes up. I did it with three. Two known ultra righties and one outspoken lib. The right wingers accusations of hate far surpassed the lib I picked.

I started to post their accusations of hate without attribution, but their posting styles have quirks that would readily identify them.

• Like Like x 4
  18. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    If watching peeps jerk it is your thing I'm not one to judge.

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    It's pretty hard to avoid it on this board since so many engage in it daily

20. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    There they go again, what is the righties' fixation with this "procedure?"