Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

The 92nd. Oscars Awards - Trump comments

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by RayGator, Feb 9, 2020.

1. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    He didn’t see it, too much reading required. It was a good movie, though. Not my favorite of the year but I can’t say it didn’t deserve the win.

2. grayg8rstevo

grayg8rstevo VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    lol.
    I am a big BONG JOON HO fan.
    I try to see all his films.
    I love it when “movie critics”.. so to speak...lol
    Bash each other. Hilarious
    Actually I would like to see that too.
    :)
    Mike Tyson agrees...I think.

• Like Like x 1
  3. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    Agree. Thought it was a good movie. Didn't think it deserved best picture, but I thought it was a down year for movies in general.

As for Trump, just more xenophobic rhetoric for his base.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  4. wgbgator

wgbgator Tiny "Boop Squig" Shorterly Premium Member

Wow really? This year seemed like a year where there were too many worthy winners nominated and Parasite sort of became the choice because of the crowded field.

5. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    subtitles are of the devil..... film at 11:00

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. g8rjd

g8rjd GC Hall of Fame

Jan 20, 2008
    Tallahassee, FL
    What’s even more absurd is anyone believing he sat through the four-hour long Gone With the Wind, which he laments as a proper Best Picture.

Nevermind the overt racism that Hattie McDaniel got to deal with when she won an Oscar.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. wgbgator

He famously had some Van Damme movie edited down to just show the fights, maybe he got his own special edition of Gone With the Wind too.

8. g8rjd

g8rjd GC Hall of Fame

Jan 20, 2008
    Tallahassee, FL
    Just the parts where the slaves lamented their emancipation?

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. channingcrowderhungry

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    I thought Once upon a Time should win, it was the defining pic of the year, imo.

I loved Ford v Ferrari personally, and was shocked Bale wasn't nominated. But I didn't see it as a best Pic type movie.

1917 was a really COOL movie, but again, it wasn't some definitive best pic type movie to me.

I thought Joker was wildly overrated simply because it appeals to the type of people that are going to obnoxiously love a movie like that. It was a fine movie.

I still need to see Marriage Story.

I thought Parasite was really good, but it was sort of just another take on the theme of Snowpiercer. The twist in the middle was incredible though. I don't think it was undeserving of winning, just wasn't an incredible field. 2019 was way stronger. Jmo.

10. channingcrowderhungry

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    Trump thinks Gone With the Wind is about passing gas outside. True story.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Naturally he loves "Gone with the Wind" and obviously wants us to know it. The movie opens with a glorification, written on the screen, of that great past civilization "of Master and Slave."

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. DoubleDown11

DoubleDown11 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Weird that people are responding to this by talking about the quality of the movie. That has absolutely nothing to do with what he's saying here. This is one of his most blatant statements of racism and xenophobia to date.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. channingcrowderhungry

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    You're right, but it's also a topic we've beat to death on this board constantly, so we know how this thread would go. I mentioned it and already got a "come on man" even though it is blatant. So why bother at this point?

Talking about movies was a change of pace.

14. g8rjd

g8rjd GC Hall of Fame

Jan 20, 2008
    Tallahassee, FL
    Yep. Completely racist, but there are those who continue to claim that he has never done or said anything racist at all, so here we are.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. wgbgator

Well yeah, this is 100% culture war stuff, he hasn't even seen the movie. But that's his schtick, so its not even remarkable anymore.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    It's odd that he brought up Korea with no mention of his lover boy Kim. I wonder if they've had a spat. No, that can't be, if they had some falling out then Trump would be calling him insulting names. I guess it was just an oversight.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  17. wgbgator

Wrong Korea, NK is the good one, South Korea is the bad one he's mad about our trade with.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. obgator

obgator All American

Apr 3, 2007
    Maybe Trump can start his own Golden Shower Awards for good old fashioned movies.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. wgbgator

"And the winner for Best Cinematography in a Pee Tape or Kompromat Short Film is …"

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    When I saw the thread title, I knew who the posters would be. I've never seen a group of people more obsessed with another individual than this crew is with Trump.

• Off-topic Off-topic x 1