Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

"The 5th Quarter": Florida vs AU post game discussion

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gatornana, Oct 5, 2019.

1. GatorGrowl

GatorGrowl Forum Admin Moderator VIP Member GC Staff

Jan 19, 2012
    Paris, TN
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    ZomboMeme 30122018202234.jpg

• Funny x 5
    • Winner x 4
    • Best Post Ever x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. Full_Clip

Full_Clip Senior

Sep 21, 2014
    Amazing to think most of these QBs and receivers were here with Coach what's his name and we couldn't do anything with them expect 3rd and long play action.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. GatorGrowl

GatorGrowl Forum Admin Moderator VIP Member GC Staff

Jan 19, 2012
    Paris, TN
    No Auburn Interceptions

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. JaxGator75

JaxGator75 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

• Like Like x 2
  6. The_Graygator

Apr 11, 2007
    I knew when we kept the lead into the fourth quarter that we'd bust this game open and win it. We took the lead in the first quarter and never looked back.

Ive seen plenty of complaints about the OL, but even with some mistakes, they played damn well against the best front four we'll face all season, and late in the game, they opened that small running lane for Perine to stick the dagger in AU.

Our S&C is such a huge strength for us too. Isn't Miami the only team who's scored against us in the fourth quarter so far this season?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. durango95

durango95 Senior

Sep 7, 2019
    Absolutely no doubt. It's like a a whole new start with an old friend that knows what being a Gator is all about. Huge thumbs-up on CDM.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Pnick81

Pnick81 All American

Feb 1, 2015
    OL played ok at times but no consistency. OL directly responsible for two fumbles by KT. But despite the miscues a double digit victory is great.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. believer

believer GC Legend

Jun 2, 2007
    We got the right man.

• Winner Winner x 4
  10. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Schwartz popped off before the game, “this is personal”. He didn’t do jack today!

Still want to know how pulling a guy off a pile was a PF?? Never heard a ref say that before. It was a big penalty.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. manigordo

manigordo GC Hall of Fame

Of all of the impressive plays throughout the game, the defensive discipline impressed me the most. Next, was the playing through adversity.

This team, under Mullen, Grantham and Savage are tough as nails.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. GatorLuke

GatorLuke Senior

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    What a win and congratulations to the players, coaches and gator nation. Kyle Trask earned a ton of respect coming back in today with a sprained MCL. . Gutsy performance.

Coach Dan Mullen had some outstanding play calls and then he had some play calls where you were left scratching your head. The fake punt when Auburn had 10 yards rushing and we were dominating them, running Trask to kill clock with a bummed knee and also when we had the ball in the red zone after the muffed punt, putting Emory Jones in the game. Emory is there to help try and open up the run game. There is no way we were going to run it in from the 16 or 17 yards out. That is Kyle Trask territory. In the post game, Dan Mullen called himself out for the fake punt as well. He is a man of men.

The defense played freaking lights out. No other way to describe it. The playcalling, the scheming and guys tackling much better today.

The turnovers are concerning. Very hard to win a football games when you turn it over three times in the first 16 minutes of the game. Like I said, we were very fortunate the defense was ridiculous today.

Let’s hope this team can ride this win into next Saturday at 8 PM. We still have yet to play a complete football game from start to finish with offense, defense and special teams. The ceiling has not been reached and next weekend would be a great time to put it all together and grab the attention of everyone in college football.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Respectfully disagree. I think (pretty sure) that CDM brought him back in b/c he could, and b/c he needed him--not b/c of anything at all to do with LSU--pure pragmatism at play.

(...besides, IF LSU was on his mind....seems like it would make more sense not to tip your hand that you have KT at your disposal, not let'em know).

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. jrcg8tor

jrcg8tor GC Hall of Fame

Aug 31, 2007
    Florida has a pretty good track record against Bo’s from Auburn.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. GatorSean

GatorSean GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Our scoring differential in the 4th quarter is something like +60.

It's insane.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. ArcherGator

ArcherGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Yes, I did. I feel dumb now. Ha. I forgot about 2015, but definitely should've remembered 2012.

Moral of the story: Don't listen to Gary's dumb ass.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

The defense was definitely lights out...

Savage deserves more $$..

Trask is still a tale of two QBs...
    He's tough as nails... dedicated as all get out.....but...
    He's still got to gain his pocket presence... knowing when someone is bearing down on you...not just from the blindside, but also the strongside...
    Knowing when to just "tuck it, don't try to chuck it"... and when to pitch it to your wife open back.

EJ is great comfort to have.... His arm has surprised quite a few people.

And.... Mullen is The Man!

EDIT......

I STILL fume at the frigging Bama replay official!......
    On the pass to Grimes......
    The refs on the field marked the ball....
    The refs called for a measurement ....
    The refs on the field ruled it a 1st down....
    The video confirmed it...
    The announcers agreed......

But, the Bama replay official pulls it back .....

Result????

A turnover. :mad:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. freedomgator

freedomgator GC Legend

Mar 26, 2017
    If anyone has a clip of that option play I'd like to see it. Live, it looked to me like the spacing was a bit weird and there was a defender close enough that Trask didn't feel comfortable pitching so he ate it. Definitely not a well executed play but not sure how much of the screw up was Trask.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. The_Graygator

Apr 11, 2007
    AU's almost all-pro DL was respinsible for twonof those fumbles, ans turnovers were to be expected in a game between two top 10 teams with great athletes all over the field.

It's amazing how some just will not give credit where credit is due.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  20. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

I knew, and acknowledged, Auburn's defense....especially the two moving mountains in the middle..

I'm happy that our "D" was bigger than theirs today. :D