Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

"The 5th Quarter": Florida vs AU post game discussion

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gatornana, Oct 5, 2019.

1. hoyt233

hoyt233 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 31, 2009
    Prattvile, AL-Go Lions!
    I was at the game-my first since 1971. After the game as we were walking to our car we got behind the band and they stopped in a court yard where a lot of Gators had gathered and played the fight song. Is this done after every home game and what is in that area. I noticed the band went into a building nearby when they finished.

2. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    A ton of fun and giant cajones. Needs its own thread.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    AU faithful call-ins to Finebaum today are already blaming Malzhan more for the loss and not giving UF credit. LOL

4. Full_Clip

Full_Clip Senior

Sep 21, 2014
    QB run is an important component of Mullen's offense? Thanks for letting me know.

Evaluate the play calling yourself, the personnel used and the outcome of the play. If you think risking your 2nd string pocket passer on QB run when you have 3 scholarship RBs plus an embarrassment of riches at the WR position, they keep on cheering. Trask is too valuable to be risking on these run plays that literally don't work. They don't set up anything because they don't change the way defenses line up against Trask. Opposing defenses are thinking about how they can blitz Trask or get him into a situation where he holds onto the ball too long and ends up causing a sack fumble. No defense is worried that Trask is going to burn them for a 20 yard scramble.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  5. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Rewind:

6. RayGator

RayGator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland, Florida USA.
    I just checked the official FloridaGators.com and they now it as UF 4-4 and AU 2-1.

• Like Like x 1
  7. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    These get better and better.

Note the color grading lends a vintage look to match the throwback day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay GC Hall of Fame

Dec 19, 2011
    South Florida
    Was sitting upstairs in the Auburn section and had to listen to 2 of the most obnoxious/ignorant fans I have ever encountered. I never talk to the opposing team. I cheer for my team and that's it. Bad Karma.

This one guy behind me was yapping the whole game, even as they are losing. After another fumble, he starts yelling that we are supposed to hold on to the ball. When Auburn fumbled our punt, I turned around and said "you are supposed to catch the ball". He pretty much stopped after that.

This other guy kept dissing on the Gators (even as we were winning the whole time). Then he kept yelling "Tom Petty sucks". Meanwhile, his mom is sitting next to him.

I think we should probably thank these 2 idiots for helping us win the game.

Every other Auburn fan I met last weekend, out at the bars and during the tailgate, were really nice.

About the game: Really nice win, especially considering how sloppy we played. Trask has to feel the pocket collapsing and be more careful with the ball. Otherwise I thought he played great. Gotta find a way to run the ball and not rely on a home run. The way the defense held them on 3rd and 1 or 2 was outstanding. They obviously won the game for us.

Our A game can compete with everyone else on our schedule. We need to keep playing our game and limit the mistakes and we will be okay.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Agree 100% Art.

I've found that most fans are good sports and understand their role as a fan. There are always exceptions, unfortunately.

Go Gators!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

As soon as Krull caught it he had a guy in his face. I’m amazed he got it off

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. kes

kes GC Legend

May 26, 2007
    DeLand, FL
    I was in the lower south end zone. Play came right at me. It was so loud my eyes couldn’t focus. What a noise.

12. gatorlaxn

gatorlaxn GC Legend

Aug 28, 2014
    Atlanta Ga
    Without going through every page to see if anyone posted it. Does anyone know how many false start penalties Auburn was flagged for during the game?

13. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    In case you missed it........

Gator Greats Billy and Brittany Horschel were Florida's Honorary Mr. & Mrs. Two Bits when the Gators took on Auburn on October 5, 2019!

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. RayGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland, Florida USA.
    Nov. 22, 1997.
    Gators 32.
    FSU 29.

Loudest game ever in The Swamp!!!
    Will never, ever forget that game!!!
    Exciting finish!
    Everybody kept staying in their seating areas in BHG! Nobody wanted to leave!
    Except “those people” of course. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  15. RayGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland, Florida USA.
    A wonderful great Gator Tradition is underway!

• Winner Winner x 1